View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vince Young number 1??? 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Vince Young number 1???
V. Young, QB
30-40, 267 yds
20 Rush, 200 yds, 3 TDs

There were alot of players who stood out in a great game with Texas defeating USC , but no one stood out more as a man among boys than Vince Young....

Do you think Young should re think his decision to play one more season with the Longhorns after a once in a lifetime game against the number one ranked trojans

And do you think Mike Williams and Shaun Cody will ever hear the end of it from Roy Williams?? :lol:

January 5th, 2006, 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Vince Young number 1???
Ferris wrote:
V. Young, QB
30-40, 267 yds
20 Rush, 200 yds, 3 TDs

There were alot of players who stood out in a great game with Texas defeating USC , but no one stood out more as a man among boys than Vince Young....

Do you think Young should re think his decision to play one more season with the Longhorns after a once in a lifetime game against the number one ranked trojans

And do you think Mike Williams and Shaun Cody will ever hear the end of it from Roy Williams?? :lol:

Roy definitely has some trash to talk after today's game. I do think VY should come out this year.

January 5th, 2006, 1:53 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I fudging hate the Texas Longhorns. I can't believe USC lost!! :cry:

January 5th, 2006, 2:01 am
Profile YIM
Modmin Dude

I'm so sick of all the SC talk. That was a great game. Was it me, or did it seem like Vince was moving so smooth and graceful he looked like just stolling along. I guess I would call it deceptivly fast...he looks like he's out for a stoll and the next thing you know he's gone 10, 20, 30 yards. If he does decide to come out (which I think he should do) do you think the Lions should see about trading up???

January 5th, 2006, 9:47 am
RIP Killer

I've had the luxury of seeing Texas play just about every week, this is the same Vince Young I have seen week after week. He has a quirky release, but lead the nation in passing efficiency. I've really been impressed with his decision making this year. As I've stated before, I would love to see Vince in a Lions uniform - he would minimize the the line liabilities and lets face it the guy is a winner who can get it done in the clutch (and in the big games).

Trade up, get Young. The guy is a special talent. He is taller than Vick, a better passer (look at the stats), and seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. He would be the face of the franchise for over 10 years.

January 5th, 2006, 10:15 am
Profile WWW
I'm so sick of all the SC talk. That was a great game. Was it me, or did it seem like Vince was moving so smooth and graceful he looked like just stolling along. I guess I would call it deceptivly fast...he looks like he's out for a stoll and the next thing you know he's gone 10, 20, 30 yards. If he does decide to come out (which I think he should do) do you think the Lions should see about trading up???

I agree 100% Wags... I too was sick of all the pompus USC BS... And I was thinking the same thing when watching VY... LoL.. I was thinkin'... "damn, I wonder how fast he can run when he's tryin'!...." He just seemed to be jogging along. Even the announcers mentioned the length of his stride and how he picks up way more yards than it appears he's going to get. IMO I wouldn't trade up to get him... if he's gone before we pick (assuming he comes out) it's just one more player falling to us.

January 5th, 2006, 12:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would love Vince Young, he seems to be a Mike Vick who can throw. He is such a strong leader as well. I don't think he will come out though. :cry:

January 5th, 2006, 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Being here in Austin, I can tell you.. he'll come back and play his senior season.. Mack Brown has a way of making his players stay.. he convienced Roy to stay.

HOW ABOUT THEN LONGHORNS!!!!!!

#1 BABY!!!!!!!! :idea:

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 5th, 2006, 5:17 pm
QB Coach

I've had the luxury of seeing Texas play just about every week, this is the same Vince Young I have seen week after week. He has a quirky release, but lead the nation in passing efficiency. I've really been impressed with his decision making this year. As I've stated before, I would love to see Vince in a Lions uniform - he would minimize the the line liabilities and lets face it the guy is a winner who can get it done in the clutch (and in the big games).

Trade up, get Young. The guy is a special talent. He is taller than Vick, a better passer (look at the stats), and seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. He would be the face of the franchise for over 10 years.

Trade up for the 2nd best QB?

ummmm no?

January 5th, 2006, 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:

Trade up for the 2nd best QB?

ummmm no?

So Vince is 2nd to Matt???? No freaking way. Vince won that game pretty much by himself and Matt couldn't do it with Bush...seems to me that Vince is the better of the 2

January 6th, 2006, 9:26 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

So Vince is 2nd to Matt???? No freaking way. Vince won that game pretty much by himself and Matt couldn't do it with Bush...seems to me that Vince is the better of the 2

Actually, Matt is the better prepared to play right now. Young is the better prospect with a huge upside, but is very raw as far as his passing ability. I think that is what Brian was trying to say.

Tim

January 6th, 2006, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

Wags, I understand your likings of Young, but it was one game. And that was against a team that almost lost to Fresno State because of it's defense being unable to stop most offenses.

Young is second to Matt Leinhart in regards to preparation for a life in the NFL. Young hasn't played in an NFL offense, Matt has. Whether you want to accept that or not, it's a HUGE factor for a team that is looking for a quarterback through the draft to become a starter quickly.

Young has more upside and could eventually become better than Leinhart, but it's not a guarantee. Young has poor mechanics, and his speed in college won't be his speed in the NFL. Many NFL linebackers can run with him step for step.

Young has much more potential, but Matt is better prepared to make a difference for his team sooner.

January 6th, 2006, 1:23 pm
QB Coach

Yes Vince is 2nd to Matt. If I were a GM, I wouldn't take Young over Leinart. I know what I am getting in Leinart, I am taking a gamble of astronomical proportions with Young.

"Matt couldn't do it" just doesn't work for me. In the second half, he went 16/19 for 219 yards and a TD. The team lost because of the defensive coordinator's/Carroll's inability to realize Young's tendencies, and the offensive coordinator's/Carroll's poor planning.

In my opinion, Leinart was spectacular, but he didn't get the oppurtunity. He his all his receivers in stride, balls were placed right where they needed to be, he has touch on his throws that is just unbelieveable, and knows how to make every throw. There are no questions about him that are cause for big concern. He has the makings of a pro bowl player.

Vince is going to be facing people that can actually tackle him in the Pros. You don't need your entire defense spying on him, rather one linebacker. Teams will realize how he wants to run to the right everytime, and gameplan around that. His balls weren't in stride, rather they were thrown to receivers who were open by a 10 yard radius, which he made the receiver stop to catch the ball. He doesn't have a grasp of a pro style offense. He is a raw talent.

January 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

You have to remember who is drafting #1, 2, and 3. Houston, New Orleans, and NYJ. Houston will most likely take Bush - who I think the media is overhyped and will not be the next Gayle Sayers. Yeah, the guy is great, but he won't take the NFL by storm. He'll be solid, but he's only a 15-17 carries a game type of guy. He won't put up gigantic numbers, but will have a very high YPC. Sorry to ramble, but this leads me to the next team - NO. NO has absolutely nothing now. Leinart can't win games by himself and NO's defense is average. Young would be NO's pick IMO because he'll sell tickets. People will pay to see a playmaker at QB. Who sells more tickets - Vick or Manning? NO is looking for that Vick type QB who will sell tix and bring them a fan base. NYJ has the fan base and is looking for stability at QB. Leinart would be their pick. If Leinart isn't there and Young doesn't come out, I think they should take DeAngelo Williams - that guy's going to be a stud (Cedrick Houston is a backup IMO). I think DW is worthy of a #3 pick.

January 7th, 2006, 1:49 pm
QB Coach

NO has absolutely nothing now. Leinart can't win games by himself and NO's defense is average. Young would be NO's pick IMO because he'll sell tickets. People will pay to see a playmaker at QB. Who sells more tickets - Vick or Manning? NO is looking for that Vick type QB who will sell tix and bring them a fan base.

I would agree, but last year you took a franchise RT in Jammal Brown, you have playmakers at WR in Donte Stallworth and Joe Horn, a up-and-coming TE in Zachary Hilton, Deuce McAllister. Solid OL talent in LeCharles Bentley and Jermane Mayberry. They just haven't had a QB that can operate this offense and get the balls to these playmakers. And Leinart is a sure non-bust.

January 7th, 2006, 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next