View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Buckeyes Land Top RB.. err player in the nation !!! 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Buckeyes Land Top RB.. err player in the nation !!!
Remeber this guy's name.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 048/SPORTS

"When Chris walked through our door, we thought he was an NFL running back," said Eric Lichter, one of the trainers at the Speed Strength facility in Euclid, Ohio. "He reminded me of another kid we had here from Akron, LeBron James."

"About 10, 15 seconds later, Chris said, 'Coach, I want to sign up, too,' " Sax said. "I kind of laughed and said, 'You're pulling my leg, you've got to be 18 or 19 years old.' "

At 6-feet, 180 pounds, Wells looked every bit like an 18- or 19-year-old. But he was 13, and he wanted to play football.

"I couldn't get that piece of paper in his hand fast enough," Sax said, laughing.

That was the last time anyone ignored Chris Wells, the nation's top high school running back.

Now a 6-foot-2, 230-pound mass of muscle, speedy and unimaginably athletic, Wells is the No. 1 player on the Free Press' 18th annual Best of the Midwest team. Picked through input from college recruiting coordinators, that title seems a bit limiting for the 17-year-old, who has started since his freshman year.

Scout.com rates Wells as the nation's No. 1 high school football recruit. And every Ohio State fan crammed within the Buckeye borders knows Wells is coming next fall, and most know he'll be moving down next week to enroll for the spring quarter.

January 27th, 2006, 7:44 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Scout.com rates Wells as the nation's No. 1 high school football recruit. And every Ohio State fan crammed within the Buckeye borders knows Wells is coming next fall, and most know he'll be moving down next week to enroll for the spring quarter.

That's funny because almost every other site has Percy Harvin, WR from Landstown High in Virginia Beach, as the #1 prospect in the nation.

But it doesn't really matter to me since neither of them committed to UM.

Tim

January 27th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Just wanted to remind Mich fans about Chris Wells.

:lol:

April 11th, 2006, 2:51 pm
Anyone see U of M's freshman cast? IMO it's the best in the big 10. They got liek the 5th best RB, good OL prospects (the best OT prospect.. kid is like 6'5" 315 out of HS), good WR prospects.. they had a damn good year...

LoL... On a side note, it looks like MSU has a crappy cast coming in...

April 11th, 2006, 3:20 pm
Fair Weather Fan

UM got some good recruits, but only one WR, I think Carlos Brown (RB) will make alot of big plays.

May 9th, 2006, 4:17 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Well I think our WR core will be fine next year with Manningham leading the pack, along with Steve Breaston and Carl Tabb!!

May 9th, 2006, 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Go Bucs!!! Unfortunatly... tOSU didn't get the best recruiting class(when looking at high school rankings) but I think Tressel can whip them into another top 5 team no problem. I'm excited to see Wells and what he can do in the next level.

June 28th, 2006, 9:41 pm
Baton Girl

Loyd carr pack your bags because here comes anouther loss!

that is all.

Mug

September 12th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Go Bucks!!!

Loyd carr pack your bags because here comes anouther loss!

that is all.

Mug

If Carr loses to OSU he won't get canned... He'd have to have a terrible year for that to happen...

September 12th, 2006, 5:13 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

I wish he would get canned. He's been riding the 97 championship way to long and is in with Bo. I believe he's done an ok job, but I want better than ok. I want someone to come in and take the Wolverines to the next level. Just like Tressel has. Carr doesn't have the intensity that needs to be there. He's like a nice old grandfather.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

September 13th, 2006, 12:49 pm
I wish he would get canned. He's been riding the 97 championship way to long and is in with Bo. I believe he's done an ok job, but I want better than ok. I want someone to come in and take the Wolverines to the next level. Just like Tressel has. Carr doesn't have the intensity that needs to be there. He's like a nice old grandfather.

Carr isn't just in with Bo, he's in with the entire organization. They love him and don't really have a history of sending coaches packing, unless it is for character reasons. They told him when he was hired... "If you show up, do your job right, and don't mess up majorly, it will be up to you to decide when you want to leave." That is right out of Bo's mouth.

September 14th, 2006, 12:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

anouther

I see you are an OSU graduate. :lol:

GO BLUE :!:

September 14th, 2006, 10:43 am
RIP Killer

Strongbad wrote:
anouther

I see you are an OSU graduate. :lol:

GO BLUE :!:

Ouch....

GO BUCKS!!!

Has anyone got to see Wells run... BEAST!!!

September 15th, 2006, 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]