View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Ohio State has a GREAT chance to make it to the Championship 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'll leave OSU alone this week since UM looked kind of pathetic against an inferior Wisconsin team. I can't even enjoy the Buckeyes losing as much as I want to.

Tim

November 12th, 2007, 10:06 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
It will be a great game, though I would rank OSU 4-7 now, not 12-15.

I'm not saying that OSU should drop all the way down to 12-15 after losing this week... I'm saying that I think there are at least 12 teams in the NCAA that are better than they are...

Ahhh... I would still disagree ;)

I hope they get a 1/2 way decent bowl team so we can find out... IMO, if they draw a tough team, they'll get blown out... We'll see I guess...

I guess we will, heck, if we go to the Rose Bbowl I'm sure we will get someone good... ;)

November 12th, 2007, 11:31 am
RIP Killer

I'll leave OSU alone this week since UM looked kind of pathetic against an inferior Wisconsin team. I can't even enjoy the Buckeyes losing as much as I want to.

Heck, I was rooting for UM, OSU, and the Lions... not a good weekend for me.

November 12th, 2007, 11:32 am
RIP Killer

What's that? A faint flicker of hope? Here's all Ohio State needs to get back into the top two in the BCS and into the national title game:

BCS No. 1 LSU to lose to No. 9 Georgia in the SEC title game Dec. 1. Possible.

BCS No. 2 Oregon to get upset at 4-6 Arizona, at 5-5 UCLA or at home against 6-4 Oregon State. Best shot is the rivalry game with the Beavers, who started Cal's downfall earlier this year.

BCS No. 3 Kansas plays No. 5 Missouri on Nov. 24, and the winner meets No. 4 Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game. So a Big 12 team will emerge ahead of Ohio State, but there will only be one of them.

BCS No. 6 West Virginia to lose at Cincinnati this weekend, home against UConn on Nov. 24 or at Pitt on Dec. 1. The Bearcats are the Buckeyes' best hope.

For good measure, No. 8 Arizona State, the other remaining one-loss team from a major conference, could lose to Southern Cal on Nov. 22. Otherwise, a win over the Trojans might hop the Sun Devils over the Buckeyes.

This scenario leaves the Big 12 winner, Ohio State -- if the Buckeyes beat Michigan -- Boise State and Hawaii as the nation's only teams with fewer than two losses. If the voters want an undefeated showdown between Kansas-Hawaii, the Buckeyes would be out of luck. Hawaii getting that much respect won't happen.

http://www.cleveland.com/osufootball/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1194859917146820.xml&coll=2

Wouldn't that just tick everyone off? Lol...

November 12th, 2007, 2:50 pm
RIP Killer

And another one bits the dust, Oregon down, 4 to go...

November 16th, 2007, 1:35 pm
RIP Killer

Looking ahead to Sat.:

(2)Kansas vs (4)Missouri - One has to go down
(3)WV vs. (20) UConn - WV almost lost last game, this one still could happen

Next week:

(2)Kansas or (4)Missouri vs. (10)Oklahoma or (13)Texas - Who know what will happen then...
(3)WV vs. Pittsburgh - Can't count anyone out this year.

So all OSU is looking at for a championship bowl bid is a Big 12 South champion or a WV misshap. Hopefully a WV mishap can come around tomorrow :D

November 23rd, 2007, 8:24 pm
QB Coach

Unfortunately, OSU isn't strong enough on it's own merits to take down Florida or LSU. The SEC is just too strong of a conference, and I can see why you'd need all of those other dominoes to fall in order to get a NC title. I'd say the exact same thing if Michigan were in your place. OSU, has been lucky to play a weak, and wounded conference. However, I am definitely a fan of your defense.

Can someone explain to me why the Big 10 is done for the year and yet you still have SEC, and other conferences playing? College football starts at roughly the same weekend and yet some schools are done 2 weeks or more before anyone else. In some ways, I think this gives the Big 10 a big DISADVANTAGE come bowl season, because too much rust has developed in that time frame. However, it does allow for injured players to recuperate a little. I just don't understand the math I guess.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 23rd, 2007, 11:53 pm
Unfortunately, OSU isn't strong enough on it's own merits to take down Florida or LSU. The SEC is just too strong of a conference, and I can see why you'd need all of those other dominoes to fall in order to get a NC title. I'd say the exact same thing if Michigan were in your place. OSU, has been lucky to play a weak, and wounded conference. However, I am definitely a fan of your defense.

Can someone explain to me why the Big 10 is done for the year and yet you still have SEC, and other conferences playing? College football starts at roughly the same weekend and yet some schools are done 2 weeks or more before anyone else. In some ways, I think this gives the Big 10 a big DISADVANTAGE come bowl season, because too much rust has developed in that time frame. However, it does allow for injured players to recuperate a little. I just don't understand the math I guess.

Some conferences have a championship game... and some don't... There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems...

November 24th, 2007, 3:35 am
RIP Killer

Some conferences have a championship game... and some don't... There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems...

Agreed, there are disadvantages and advantaged both ways. Also, some schools take a "bye" week and play a week later or start a week later and play a week later. Big Ten is done the rivalry weekend.

I personnaly think the Big Ten does it right for teh fact that they don't do a conf championship because that interferes with the students exams. I personnaly feel very strongly against such gmaes that take away from the academics.

Devil, I would completely disagree with the SEC being so strong. The ONLY reason anyone says that is because of the bowl games last year for MI and OSU. Other than that there is no indication that the SEC is as strong as people say they are. Is the Big Ten top conf in NCAA right now, no way, but the SEC is no better.

November 24th, 2007, 9:48 am
RIP Killer

Who'da thunk OSU and LSU would get second chances and thrid chances!? Crazy Crazy Crazy year... GO BUCKS!!!

December 3rd, 2007, 10:04 am

Looks like the Buckeyes will be shorthanded for the game. They lost 2 players due to rules violations. Both are corners. One is a starter and the other a backup. Here is the link:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... y/10538775

Tim

December 20th, 2007, 12:27 pm
RIP Killer

Looks like the Buckeyes will be shorthanded for the game. They lost 2 players due to rules violations. Both are corners. One is a starter and the other a backup. Here is the link:

Ouch, Washington hurts a lot...

December 20th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Ouch, Washington hurts a lot...

Well, at least it wasn't Jenkins.

Tim

December 20th, 2007, 1:01 pm
RIP Killer

WCMH-TV and The Columbus Dispatch reported Wednesday that Buckeyes cornerback Donald Washington also was suspended for the title game, but an Ohio State spokesperson said Thursday that is not the case. Athletic director Gene Smith declined Thursday to confirm the suspensions, but said there was "work to be done."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3162942

Lets hope Washington wasn't involved...

December 21st, 2007, 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4