View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pre-2013 NFL Draft: The Detroit Lions select Eric Reid, S 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Pre-2013 NFL Draft: The Detroit Lions select Eric Reid, S
A bold prediction; the Lions select their own Ed Reed. When it happens, everyone get in this thread.

October 8th, 2012, 10:49 am
Team MVP

Post Re: Pre-2013 NFL Draft: The Detroit Lions select Eric Reid,
Shotty wrote:
A bold prediction; the Lions select their own Ed Reed. When it happens, everyone get in this thread.

Sorry, beat ya to it lol. (Signature)

Regardless, as early as it is, that would be nice.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 8th, 2012, 12:41 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Reid looked awful against Ole Miss on Sat. Think the Lions will have several safety prospects to choose from in the 1st or 2nd rounds. T. J. MacDonald, Kenny Vaccaro, Baccari Rambo. Counting on Mayhew to bolster the secondary in the draft.

November 18th, 2012, 12:06 pm
Team MVP

Ya ive kinda slipped off the Eric Reid bandwagon (if u wanna call it that). At this point, considering Levy and Durant are FAs, id LOVE for the Lions to get Manti Te'o. He can play all 3 LB positions in a 4-3.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

November 18th, 2012, 8:09 pm
Team MVP

Not to jump to conclusions, but with Titus Young being a retard and him seemingly being on his last strike, I wouldnt mind the Lions taking a hard look at Tavon Ausin, WR West Virginia. I know I know, another WR. But check this guy out. This guy is a speed demon who could fit really well into this offense. Just a crazy idea. And im SURE the Lions organization has caught wind of this guy.

November 20th, 2012, 3:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

As far WR goes I'd rather have them get a bigger WR to pair with Calvin, I really like Quinton Patton from Louisiana Tech. Has a good combo of size, speed, hands, and is a good route runner for a college player. I also like Cobi Hamilton as a compliment the two Wrs (Shanahan and Street) from Pitt could be good late round guys. I like Patton and Hamilton because they both should be at best late 2nd rounders. Austin is nice but I see him struggling like Young to get off of press coverage in the NFL.

November 20th, 2012, 6:10 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
As far WR goes I'd rather have them get a bigger WR to pair with Calvin, I really like Quinton Patton from Louisiana Tech. Has a good combo of size, speed, hands, and is a good route runner for a college player. I also like Cobi Hamilton as a compliment the two Wrs (Shanahan and Street) from Pitt could be good late round guys. I like Patton and Hamilton because they both should be at best late 2nd rounders. Austin is nice but I see him struggling like Young to get off of press coverage in the NFL.

Halleluiah!

I feel the exact same way. I wouldn't have minded going after Manningham to be our #2, or even Moss as a stop-gap last year (I mean, he's playing for vet minimum, he'd look really good in a Lions jersey with Nate gone and Titus acting like an idiot, I think Moss could have taught Titus a few things about being a moron too), but I'd much rather have a taller, speedy 1a type WR to pair with CJ than these little slot guys we're always trying to use to stretch the field.

November 20th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Team MVP

Hey, it was just a "way too early" idea.

November 20th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Never mind about Reid. We'll have a MUCH better pick. First round, pick the player with the highest ceiling out of every DE, LB, guard, and DB on the board. Then beef up on offensive line and DB depth for the rest of the draft.

I say we get Manti T'eo..

A guy can dream, right?

December 2nd, 2012, 12:23 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
Never mind about Reid. We'll have a MUCH better pick. First round, pick the player with the highest ceiling out of every DE, LB, guard, and DB on the board. Then beef up on offensive line and DB depth for the rest of the draft.

A guy can dream, right?

As my signature has said, I'd love manti te'o. Before this game if the draft were today wed pick at #10, after this loss I'm guessing 8 or 9 now. That's right in Manti Te'o range. Some might question taking a linebacker that high. I don't. With his talent, I'm all for it. A guy that is a leader, great tackler, great instincts, great in coverage. I say don't bring levy back and draft te'o, cuz he can play all three linebacker positions in a 4-3.

December 2nd, 2012, 7:05 pm
QB Coach

I believe we'd be at #7 as of right now.

December 2nd, 2012, 7:33 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

A guy can dream, right?

As my signature has said, I'd love manti te'o. Before this game if the draft were today wed pick at #10, after this loss I'm guessing 8 or 9 now. That's right in Manti Te'o range. Some might question taking a linebacker that high. I don't. With his talent, I'm all for it. A guy that is a leader, great tackler, great instincts, great in coverage. I say don't bring levy back and draft te'o, cuz he can play all three linebacker positions in a 4-3.

Linebackers taken in the top 10 picks have a horrendous bust rate. Remember the best LBer in a generation to come out of college, a sure bet, the safest pick ever? How does Aaron Curry look now?

December 2nd, 2012, 11:46 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

A guy can dream, right?

Linebackers taken in the top 10 picks have a horrendous bust rate. Remember the best LBer in a generation to come out of college, a sure bet, the safest pick ever? How does Aaron Curry look now?

Aaron Curry isnt half the LB Te'o is. Not to mention Te'o has been playing some tougher competition than Curry too.

If Te'o is on the board, and the Lions wanted him, i think the STUPIDEST thing to do is to say, "Well, Aaron Curry didnt end up doing too well...". Just shouldnt work that way.

What about Von Miller? Luke Kuechly?

And in 2013, guarantee you Jarvis Jones is Top 5.

December 3rd, 2012, 9:52 am
kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

A guy can dream, right?

Aaron Curry isnt half the LB Te'o is. Not to mention Te'o has been playing some tougher competition than Curry too.

If Te'o is on the board, and the Lions wanted him, i think the STUPIDEST thing to do is to say, "Well, Aaron Curry didnt end up doing too well...". Just shouldnt work that way.

What about Von Miller? Luke Kuechly?

And in 2013, guarantee you Jarvis Jones is Top 5.

I don't know about that. With Curry's combine numbers if Curry was coming out of this draft with Manti Te'o I wouldn't be surprised if Curry was picked over Manti Te'o. Curry was slated to be a #1-3 pick, you guys are talking about Manti as a 7-10 talent, and IMO rightfully so. No one is really talking about him being #1-3 pick like they did with Curry.

That said, IMO Manti Te'o only had two good games last year, the game against Oklahoma, and the game against USC. The U of M game, where he racked up 2 of his 7 ints., it wasn't so much that he played great as much as it was that we juts played like crap. Dennard gift-wrapped his two picks.

Now, if he comes out and plays lights out against Bama, and puts up good combine numbers... That's a different story. Until then I'm hoping we go CB/S if we're picking in the top 10, and there is a talent available that reasonably matches our pick.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:49 pm
QB Coach

Seeing a lot of mocks with CB Dee Milliner (sp?) of Bama going to us. Don't know much about the kid. Any opinions?

December 3rd, 2012, 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next