View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Early Draft Talk 
Team President - Rod Wood

Post Re: Early Draft Talk
liontrax wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
Pass on Cook. He has multiple arrests, multiple procedures to his shoulders, and multiple fumbles. Even worse he doesn't have good hands and isn't a powerful runner between the tackles. It's nice that he has the long speed to score on any play, but I think the Lions need to find a more complete running back if they are drafting him in the first round. If the Lions are going to pick a guy that like to punch women then give me Mixon later in the draft. I would hate to see Cook or McCaffrey picked by the Lions on draft day unless one of them fell to the second round.

I have the same thoughts on this. We ve seen it with Best, Bush, Abdullah and even Riddick. They are good but not every down backs. Bush and Abdullah were pretty sketch in the passing game with simple throws turning into turnovers or near turnovers and none of them are particularly durable. I think Cook would be signigicantly better than any of them but the frame scares me enough, he s a decent but not true bw the tackles runner, fumbles which I think doesnt get mentioned enough not to mention the off the field stuff.

The Lions need there Mikel LeShoure but they need him to not tear his Achilles the moment he steps onto the practice field and then not care.

I honestly really really like Mixon, I think he s the real deal as a runner. Its just, would they or wouldnt they take him? At least he didnt hit his girlfriend and the girl did kind of come towards him but pretty hard to defend what he did with his reaction. Not sure that can be contained and more problems could follow in time.

Just getting started looking through the RBs but havent found the later round guy I really want. Last year it was Howard and I couldnt believe he fell as far as he did and crushed to see him go to a rival.

I like Mixon as well. Prototypical size, good speed, can catch. If he's truly contrite over his actions, he should be considered. I'm sure Quinn has done the homework on him, and Caldwell is big on second chances. So, if he's still there, in the 3rd? Or 4th?
I don't know at what point you gamble a pick.
He will play for somebody. Is what he did worse than what Peterson did to a child? Or, Ray Lewis pleading guilty to obstruction of justice after being charged with two counts of murder. Or, Roethlisberger twice accused of sexual assault (never convicted).
Mike Vick? Minnesota Vikings Love Boat, not a single player was suspended over the matter.

those other guys were already established and on a team.

March 26th, 2017, 5:24 pm
NFL Team Captain

Draft Jarrad Davis LB Florida

Instinctive, fast, 3 down backer, and a true thumper to man the middle of our D.

April 5th, 2017, 8:33 pm
Head Cheerleader

liontrax wrote:

Instinctive, fast, 3 down backer, and a true thumper to man the middle of our D.

So, true of Jarrad Davis. I just feel he is flying on the filed.

April 6th, 2017, 6:07 am
Player of the Year - Offense

What do you guys think of Haason Reddick? Seems like too much of a tweener to work in a 4-3, but a lot of fans like him.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

April 7th, 2017, 12:30 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

thelomasbrowns wrote:
What do you guys think of Haason Reddick? Seems like too much of a tweener to work in a 4-3, but a lot of fans like him.

The Lions could do worse than Reddick and maybe he could be an immediate replacement for Levy. Personally I would feel a little underwhelmed if he were the pick. While I do think he is a 1st round talent, I feel that a fast undersized LB isn't something the Lions couldn't find in later rounds. If the defense was in a good place my opinion would be much different. Currently every level of the defense could use help and LB is bottom of the list for hardest to easiest to find good players in the later rounds. I would even think about some offensive players over taking a LB in the 1st, the drop off from late first round LBs to LBs in the 2nd-4th just doesn't seem large enough to feel like your missing out.

April 7th, 2017, 3:12 pm
League MVP

liontrax wrote:

Funny u mention that because he's the top guy I want at 21. I think he's just what this defense needs.

April 19th, 2017, 8:50 pm
NFL Team Captain

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Funny u mention that because he's the top guy I want at 21. I think he's just what this defense needs.

I know most are hoping for a DE, and I get that, but to me the biggest need is at LB. This years draft isn't that deep with talented 3 down backers, whereas it's very deep with DE's. So I would like one in the first two rounds, but I doubt Davis will last much beyond the end of the 1st. Then in the 2nd we are possibly looking at Raekwon McMillan if their thinking MLB. But is he a 3 down backer?

April 20th, 2017, 4:50 pm
RIP Killer

One week to go until round one...

Honestly, I think there is a lot in play in the first round - I can imagine DE, DL, LB or CB on defense and on offense and of the skilled positions outside of QB. Makes it interesting and sets everyone up for disappointment...

April 20th, 2017, 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Not gonna lie, but as much as I want Reddick, Barnett, Davis, Brantley...my mock has the Lions taking Njoku. I have like 10 reasons why I think it'll be the pick. I don't WANT it to happen necessarily. And not that anyone cares what MY mock has to say, nor should anyone care about anyone else's for that matter, I just see it happening. Been saying it for a month. I hope I'm wrong.

April 20th, 2017, 7:30 pm
NFL Team Captain

kdsberman wrote:
Not gonna lie, but as much as I want Reddick, Barnett, Davis, Brantley...my mock has the Lions taking Njoku. I have like 10 reasons why I think it'll be the pick. I don't WANT it to happen necessarily. And not that anyone cares what MY mock has to say, nor should anyone care about anyone else's for that matter, I just see it happening. Been saying it for a month. I hope I'm wrong.

Great, then we'd have Ebron I and Ebron II. Two big fast TE's that struggle with catching the ball and can't block.

April 20th, 2017, 9:10 pm

liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Great, then we'd have Ebron I and Ebron II. Two big fast TE's that struggle with catching the ball and can't block.

If it happens I'll just laugh, listening to the Ebron haters freaking out will be hilarious. To be fair to Njoku, he does seem a fair amount more athletic than Ebron and it would be tough to find any expert that doesn't think he is a better prospect than Ebron was when he came out. I think it would be a pretty big waste of a pick even after they trade Ebron, which I assume would happen during the draft, but Njoku has ties to Al Golden and the Lions have been locked in on the TE class this year. Quinn has said multiple times he doesn't target positions, so I could see a few scenarios where Njoku would be considered the highest rated player on the board at 21 if you throw positional needs out the window.

April 20th, 2017, 10:17 pm
NFL Team Captain

Pablo wrote:
One week to go until round one...

Honestly, I think there is a lot in play in the first round - I can imagine DE, DL, LB or CB on defense and on offense and of the skilled positions outside of QB. Makes it interesting and sets everyone up for disappointment...

I doubt I'll be disappointed. Although I might be scratching my head, wondering what their thinking. I do believe that we FINALLY have a GM and scouting dept. that recognizes talent that fits our team.

April 21st, 2017, 9:53 am
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

If it happens I'll just laugh, listening to the Ebron haters freaking out will be hilarious. To be fair to Njoku, he does seem a fair amount more athletic than Ebron and it would be tough to find any expert that doesn't think he is a better prospect than Ebron was when he came out. I think it would be a pretty big waste of a pick even after they trade Ebron, which I assume would happen during the draft, but Njoku has ties to Al Golden and the Lions have been locked in on the TE class this year. Quinn has said multiple times he doesn't target positions, so I could see a few scenarios where Njoku would be considered the highest rated player on the board at 21 if you throw positional needs out the window.

I just can't get my head around the idea of taking an Ebron clone at 21. Especially in a deep draft for TE's. If it was O.J. Howard I'd say, OK, I get that. It's an obvious upgrade. If this comes to fruition and he's an All-Pro, I'll gladly admit my shortsightedness.

April 21st, 2017, 10:10 am

liontrax wrote:
rao wrote:
liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I just can't get my head around the idea of taking an Ebron clone at 21. Especially in a deep draft for TE's. If it was O.J. Howard I'd say, OK, I get that. It's an obvious upgrade. If this comes to fruition and he's an All-Pro, I'll gladly admit my shortsightedness.

Personally I see Ebron as a poor man's Njoku rather than Njoku as an Ebron clone. Obviously it's impossible to say for a fact since Njoku hasn't played in the NFL yet, but I think he will be better than Ebron from day one. Ebron was said to be a Jimmy Graham type and while he had the drops like Graham he has never been dynamic like Graham. Ebron plays at one speed, which is just enough to break from a LB and nothing more. Njoku looks like he can be dynamic and explosive. I still see it as bad value, but I also think Njoku has a high chance of putting up the numbers we wanted to see from Ebron's draft spot.

April 21st, 2017, 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4