View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Lookslike the Lions will be bringing in Alex Smith.... 
Modmin Dude

Post Lookslike the Lions will be bringing in Alex Smith....
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_2640157

Quarterback Alex Smith will hold a private workout today in Salt Lake City for the San Francisco 49ers, who have the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NFL draft and already have watched him work out twice.
"I have no idea" what to expect, Smith said. "Kind of go there ready for anything."
Coach Mike Nolan and other 49ers officials were traveling to Utah on Monday night, along with receivers Brandon Lloyd and Arnaz Battle, who are expected to catch passes from Smith either at Rice-Eccles Stadium or the Eccles Fieldhouse and tell coaches what they think of the former Utah standout.
"Obviously, these private workouts will be kind of a big deal," Smith said. "But it's still a workout."
Smith said he plans to visit the 49ers headquarters and training facility in California next week. He already has visited the Cleveland Browns, who own the No. 3 pick in the draft on April 23-24 in New York City.
Smith will visit the Detroit Lions on Wednesday - the Lions pick 10th - then work out for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, owners of the No. 5 pick, back in Salt Lake City on Friday, and visit the Miami Dolphins after the Niners next week. The Dolphins have the No. 2 pick in the draft.
"I'm kind of anxious for the 23rd to be here, so I can find out what team I'm going to be on," he said. "There's so much off-the-field stuff going on right now, I'd just like to get back to football."

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 5th, 2005, 10:35 am
Site Admin

They have brought in some very curious people for workouts...

April 5th, 2005, 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

And heres a little blurb about Alex Smith from KFFL.com:

Quote:
NFL | Fast Fact: Alex Smith - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:15:19 -0700

Utah QB Alex Smith earned his Bachelor's degree as a 20-year-old sophomore and began working on his Master's degree as a junior, reports Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com. "If you look at the NFL today, especially the quarterback position, you've got to be smart and I think I bring that to the table," Smith said. Smith is projected as a top 10 pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Pretty smart kid

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 5th, 2005, 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]