View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Comp picks? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

You could say a somment like that about any positions weve recently drafted. As long as Millen/Rod isnt making the pick I have some hope.

And we still need a Kick Returner.

October 21st, 2008, 2:21 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Good info Sly. Now, when will the NFL start to hand out "Mercy" picks for teams as bad as the Lions??

I think a comp pick at the end of the third, and another at the end of the fourth could be good.

Now that Matt "Moron" Millen is gone, we could get some decent value out of those rounds.

The comp picks are usually awarded at the end of March or beginning of April. Also, I never said that the Lions would get a 3rd round pick. The best they can hope for is a 4th for Woody if O'Sullivan qualifies. If he doesn't, then they could get a 7th. There is also the possibility of getting a 4th and a 7th only if the NFL doesn't award enough comp picks and starts giving them out to the worst teams to fill their quota.

October 21st, 2008, 9:17 am
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
I thought they did away with Comp picks??? :confused:

You need to stop reading football websites after you've secured your Beer Goggles to your head. Comp picks weren't done away with in the last CBA.

#-o new_all_coholic.gif hat36.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!

October 21st, 2008, 9:36 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
Good info Sly. Now, when will the NFL start to hand out "Mercy" picks for teams as bad as the Lions??

I think a comp pick at the end of the third, and another at the end of the fourth could be good.

Now that Matt "Moron" Millen is gone, we could get some decent value out of those rounds.

The comp picks are usually awarded at the end of March or beginning of April. Also, I never said that the Lions would get a 3rd round pick. The best they can hope for is a 4th for Woody if O'Sullivan qualifies. If he doesn't, then they could get a 7th. There is also the possibility of getting a 4th and a 7th only if the NFL doesn't award enough comp picks and starts giving them out to the worst teams to fill their quota.

Sly.........I was being sarcastic........ :paranoid:

October 21st, 2008, 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2