View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 8:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ellis Hobbs, CB, ISU 
RIP Killer

Post Ellis Hobbs, CB, ISU
Ellis Hobbs from Iowa State is a stud. I figure I just have to give some love to my homies out at ISU since all the Iowa guys seem to be getting the day one love.

Hobbs doesn't have the measurables you look for in a CB, but is a playmaker. You have to keep in mind that, when looking at stats, he was surrounded by low-level talent. His safeties sucked and the CB opposite him was no better than half way decent. He played against top notch competition being in the Big 12.

The guy is small. 5-9 and 192. He runs a 4.37 which isn't too bad, but a little slower than what you would expect from someone with that size. Very strong for a small guys though (Bench 380, Squat 505). Motions are very fluid.

He would be an great nickle back and would add solid depth over Goodman and Echols. IMO, he'd be better than Cash. Perfect for a team playing the zone. He's also a return man (20.4 average).

He's also a very smart kid.

He's projected to go in Rd 4 but if we picked up a 5th rounder, he would be a steal IMO.

April 8th, 2005, 2:50 pm
QB Coach

Hobbs ran a 4.45 officially at the Combine.

He's a player...five interceptions his senior season. His on field production is a lot better than his workout numbers

I'd actually like to see Domonique Foxworth in a Lions uniform, as a mid round pick... he's also a projected 4-5th round pick, and I think is a better prospect.

April 8th, 2005, 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I was just trying to give some love to my boys at ISU though...they're only known for wrestling and gymnastics, so I'd like to see one of their football boys be a stud in the NFL.

April 9th, 2005, 7:53 am
QB Coach

I was just trying to give some love to my boys at ISU though...they're only known for wrestling and gymnastics, so I'd like to see one of their football boys be a stud in the NFL.

They're damn good at wrestling...

And Seneca Wallace is a stud :wink:

April 9th, 2005, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Hahaha, Seneca Wallace...Heisman my rectum! They were awesome about mid way through the season until they met Oklahoma and Texas. All downhill from there... It's too bad Seneca was the best player ISU has had in years!

Cael Sanderson is a MONSTER!

April 9th, 2005, 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]