View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jerod Mayo 
QB Coach

I just have a deep, sinking feeling that we'll take him at 15.

Under the circumstances, I may not have a problem with that. However if it means passing on a Derrick Harvey or Rashard Mendenhall, I won't be very happy.

April 19th, 2008, 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Brian, I don't think the Lions would take Mayo if Harvey was still on the board, but you never know. Other than Harvey, Clady, or someone else who falls further than expected being available, I agree with you that Mayo would be their pick though.

April 19th, 2008, 11:43 am
RIP Killer

Harvey's one player I wouldn't be too happy with at 15...I'd rather have Mendenhall, Stewart, Williams, Clady, McKelvin, etc...

April 19th, 2008, 1:02 pm
QB Coach

I wouldn't be upset with Harvey, he's not a prized catch but a great player nonetheless.

April 20th, 2008, 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I can't find it on NFL.com, but Mike Mayock's top 100 players were scrolling across the screen on NFL Network earlier this morning. He's moved Jerod Mayo all the way up to #8 now. Maybe he won't be considered a reach at 15 anymore.

April 22nd, 2008, 11:20 am
I can't find it on NFL.com, but Mike Mayock's top 100 players were scrolling across the screen on NFL Network earlier this morning. He's moved Jerod Mayo all the way up to #8 now. Maybe he won't be considered a reach at 15 anymore.

I like Mayo a lot less now that he's came out and said he doesn't want to play MLB... It seems to me that we need a MLB and a WLB (which Simms is currently filling respectibly) much more so than we need a SLB...

April 22nd, 2008, 6:04 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I think he may be somewhat of a Pre-Draft superstar, but not a real superstar. Millen hit on Sims, so maybe his drafting of LB's will be more solid than WR's (except for Johnny Baldwin)

April 25th, 2008, 12:55 pm
QB Coach

Mayo is now being touted as the likely DROY by many media outlets. I know we didn't even have a shot at him but I guess if he really was the player we wanted, maybe our scouts did do something right for once. I know he may have been a different player here in Detroit than in NE but its hard to ignore his production.

November 18th, 2008, 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2