View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Rick Gosselin's Mock Draft 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Actually, that tells me he has great sources. I remember that draft pretty well. The Raiders did love RW. The Giants did like Gallery and needed offensive line help. Big Ben did slip. Gosselin seemed to have known who the teams liked and as it got closer knew who they were targeting. However, his latest mock draft will be far more accurate than this one.

April 14th, 2005, 7:34 pm
National Champion

Yeah, he obviously has some great sources. I was just pointing out that we shouldn't get too excited about his first mock draft because his first mock draft last year wasn't nearly as accurate as his last. That earlier mock draft from 2004 isn't irrational, but you have to admit that it's nothing spectacular.

April 14th, 2005, 8:00 pm

I totally agree with you. I made reference to that earlier. Most teams are probably just now getting their draft boards together and then running their own mocks at least for the first round.

BTW, I love your moniker. Does it refer to what I think it does?

April 14th, 2005, 9:24 pm
National Champion

I totally agree with you. I made reference to that earlier. Most teams are probably just now getting their draft boards together and then running their own mocks at least for the first round.

BTW, I love your moniker. Does it refer to what I think it does?

Oh, you bet it does (thanks for the compliment, BTW)! I used to post as "bill_schroeder_rulez" (very rarely) on the official board, which was amusing because people would start posting in all capital letters and completely miss the joke. I thought of doing that here, but I decided to go with something new.

Believe it or not, I also tend to like Joey a little bit more than I would otherwise because he's not a typical jock. I guess that means that I'm over there with the champagne and the caviar. :-({|=

April 14th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Alas, you are sounding like a West Coast Fan. Being from a deindustrialized state you are not supposed to be hip to that style of machismo. I suspect you are a transplant!

April 14th, 2005, 9:48 pm
National Champion

Save for my first five months of life (spent in Ohio) and my most recent two years of life (spent in Massachusetts), I've spent my entire existence in the glove-shaped state: land of the mile roads. The fact that those in Massachusetts mercilessly tease me for referring to Coke and Pepsi as "pop" rather than "soda," should be enough to cement my claim as a Michigander.

However, people tell me that I don't have the "Michigan accent"--whatever that is--so I suppose that it's possible that my parents have been lying to me all of those years, and that I really grew up in Oregon. :wink:

April 14th, 2005, 10:48 pm

I wrote an article about the Siggy incident and the social geography of Lions' fans. I think it was entitled the "Quarterback Myth". You should be able to google it if you are interested.

April 15th, 2005, 12:16 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Off topic here. I've never understood the whole "soda" or "pop" thing.

Isn't the word "soda" an adjective to the word "pop"?

When you want "french fries" you ask for a order of "fries" right?

Not, I want a "soda" and "french" with that.

April 15th, 2005, 1:53 pm

What do you mean by "french"? Je me souviens, I mean, I vaguely recall a word like that, but didn't you mean to say Freedom Fries?

April 15th, 2005, 2:14 pm
Pop Warner Vet

"Carbonated beverages" is the correct terminology.

Thank you.

That is all.

qpepsi.gif

April 15th, 2005, 2:16 pm
Modmin Dude

What do you mean by "french"? Je me souviens, I mean, I vaguely recall a word like that, but didn't you mean to say Freedom Fries?

:lol: XXbazooka.gif The French

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 15th, 2005, 4:44 pm
Modmin Dude

"Carbonated beverages" is the correct terminology.

Thank you.

That is all.

qpepsi.gif

POP is the correct term. Thank you very much. Move along now, nothing to see here. 8)

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 15th, 2005, 4:45 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, those damn people from down south always saying "soda!" It's POP! The only time I've ever heard anyone use "soda" and "pop" near each other was in Mike Tyson's Punchout "Soda Popinski"

April 15th, 2005, 5:01 pm
National Champion

Yeah, those damn people from down south always saying "soda!" It's POP! The only time I've ever heard anyone use "soda" and "pop" near each other was in Mike Tyson's Punchout "Soda Popinski"

Actually, a good number of people from the South call everything a "Coke" (whether it be an actual Coke, a Pepsi, or a Vernors). Here's an interesting web site that has all of the data that you'd ever want on the subject: http://www.popvssoda.com/. qpepsi.gif

Last edited by Strawberries&Chocolat on April 16th, 2005, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2005, 7:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Awesome site. Some people have too much time on their hands though.

Its pop for crying out loud. Why In the world would you call everything coke? I realize that Coke is far superior to Pepsi, but its rediculous to call 7up or something like that coke.

April 15th, 2005, 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next