View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Will you people never be satisfied? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Will you people never be satisfied?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Let's just keep spending our 1st round picks on Offense. Heck, it's worked out just so gosh darn well!!!!

Every year our Defense sucks sewage water. And every year most on this and other boards want us to use our 1st round pick on an offensive player.
OUR DEFENSE CAN'T STOP A POP WARNER TEAM

It is high time we fix the most pathetic unit on the team.

Billy... Our defense is descimated... We could spend our first five picks on D and STILL have holes... Or, we could TOTALLY FIX one side of the ball and be a competitive football team, take pressure off of the defense, and keep the defense off of the field. Having a good offense will HELP the defense.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to fix the D this year... IMPOSSIBLE. However, it is POSSIBLE to fix the offense this year, and that is what we should do.

Come up with a new argument. I have heard that same argument 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago. It is time to fix the defense.

I don't need to come up with a new argument, my old argument hasn't been proven wrong. We need to fix the OL to fix the offense, and we haven't done much of anything other than drafting ONE PLAYER last year in the first round on the OL. This might seem like a step in the right direction if we didn't have a net LOSS in talent on the OL. I said last year that we should have brought Woody back, and now he's on a very good team playing very well in NY. Suprize suprize!!... :idea:

Woody > Cherilus
2007 OL > 2008 OL

We NEED to fix the OL to have a respectable offense. Sure, we need to fix the D to have a respectable team, but we need to fix the OL to have a respectable team as well. We CANNOT fix the D this year, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO. Our #1 priority this offseason should be to fix our OL.

The Lions have the worst defense in NFL history. Taking a linemen #1 and making moves towards solidifying your line does not preclude you from making moves on defense. The Lions have 4 defensive starters that shouldnt be in the NFL next season. You dont make any defensive moves in 2009, what the hell are you going to do in 2010? You cant fill every defensive hole next year? You are right, but you at least start on it. You spend money to get a top level star in free agency. Something.

November 30th, 2008, 1:03 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

In the draft you should be able to find players within the first 4 rounds. In those rounds Millen drafted 18 defensive players and 15 offense players. I would say the defense was addressed.

Millen was asked after the draft why he passed Clinton Portis. Reasoning was he needed to address the defensive side of the ball after going offense in round one.

It's not about which side of the ball you address it's the players you draft. And the Lions need players on both sides.

November 30th, 2008, 12:50 pm
Hall of Fame Player

In the draft you should be able to find players within the first 4 rounds. In those rounds Millen drafted 18 defensive players and 15 offense players. I would say the defense was addressed.

Millen was asked after the draft why he passed Clinton Portis. Reasoning was he needed to address the defensive side of the ball after going offense in round one.

It's not about which side of the ball you address it's the players you draft. And the Lions need players on both sides.

And the defense was second fiddle with the sole exception of Sims.

AND IT SHOWS :!:

December 1st, 2008, 12:52 am
Team MVP

Post Re: Will you people never be satisfied?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Let's just keep spending our 1st round picks on Offense. Heck, it's worked out just so gosh darn well!!!!

Every year our Defense sucks sewage water. And every year most on this and other boards want us to use our 1st round pick on an offensive player.
OUR DEFENSE CAN'T STOP A POP WARNER TEAM

It is high time we fix the most pathetic unit on the team.

Billy... Our defense is descimated... We could spend our first five picks on D and STILL have holes... Or, we could TOTALLY FIX one side of the ball and be a competitive football team, take pressure off of the defense, and keep the defense off of the field. Having a good offense will HELP the defense.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to fix the D this year... IMPOSSIBLE. However, it is POSSIBLE to fix the offense this year, and that is what we should do.

Come up with a new argument. I have heard that same argument 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago. It is time to fix the defense.

I don't need to come up with a new argument, my old argument hasn't been proven wrong. We need to fix the OL to fix the offense, and we haven't done much of anything other than drafting ONE PLAYER last year in the first round on the OL. This might seem like a step in the right direction if we didn't have a net LOSS in talent on the OL. I said last year that we should have brought Woody back, and now he's on a very good team playing very well in NY. Suprize suprize!!... :idea:

Woody > Cherilus
2007 OL > 2008 OL

We NEED to fix the OL to have a respectable offense. Sure, we need to fix the D to have a respectable team, but we need to fix the OL to have a respectable team as well. We CANNOT fix the D this year, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO. Our #1 priority this offseason should be to fix our OL.

I definetly agree with you. This offensive line is horrible. Fix it now.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 1st, 2008, 8:08 am
Walk On

I think our number one goal next year should be to fix both lines through both F.A. and the draft.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Game is played in the trenches boys. Why is that so hard for the lions to understand. Can anyone without looking at a lineup tell us how our starting guards and center are?

Look at minnesota. AP is a freak true but they have a journeyman QB and mediocre recieving core. O-line is strong.

Same on Defense. Secondary mediocre. Aurguably the best d-line in the NFL....

='s the lead in a pathetic divsion. I'd take it in a heartbeat. zicon_rambo.gif

December 1st, 2008, 8:09 pm
Afghan Allstar

Sounds like a great idea to me. Game is played in the trenches boys. Why is that so hard for the lions to understand. Can anyone without looking at a lineup tell us how our starting guards and center are?

They do understand it. It was all Marinelli preached when he got here. However, understanding something and actually being able to put it into effect are obviously two completely different things.

The D line has been average, but the O line has been horrendous. Imagine how good Smith would look if he ran behind a solid O line. Think about how many TD's CJ would have if the QB had the time for a deep route to develop.

December 1st, 2008, 10:01 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Yzermanx3 wrote:

They do understand it. It was all Marinelli preached when he got here. However, understanding something and actually being able to put it into effect are obviously two completely different things.

The D line has been average, but the O line has been horrendous. Imagine how good Smith would look if he ran behind a solid O line. Think about how many TD's CJ would have if the QB had the time for a deep route to develop.

The problem with the lines have largely been Marinelli's ego. Only a complete idiot would think Chuck Darby was not a significant downgrade from Shaun Rogers. Along with the Lions making no changes on the offensive line outside of downgrading at RT after having the worst O Line in the NFL and promoting that offensive line reeked of a twisted way of thinking that implied Martz and Kitna as the fault of the bad line play last season.

December 1st, 2008, 11:37 pm
Varsity Captain

I think that Orakpo should be the first pick for us. He'd be the pass rush we need in a 4-3 defense. Assuming we stay with the cover 2, Orakpo, BPA LT, Laurinitus (whateves) from OSU will probably fall as hes seen as a WLB, cover 2 MLB only which may limit the teams that will look at him.

If we get rid of the cover 2 then just go Smith, and the BPA defense for the rest of the draft.

December 6th, 2008, 12:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2