View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 how to build the lions from the ground up 
Towel Boy

Post how to build the lions from the ground up
i'm new to this board but have been posting on another for about five years. hear's a question that i posted on the other board but never got one response.

since the lion's season was officially over with eight weeks ago i'd like everyone's opinion on which order would you draft on offense and then the defense. it seems as though every year skill players get the most love from a lot of people on this board but i don't think that's the best way to build a team. i also don't believe in BPA unless he appears to be a can't miss prospect or you have him rated noticeably higher than players at other positions of need. give a short statement on why you chose certain positions where you did.

PS: no trades, no "if we sign albert haynesworth, darnell dockery, michael vick then convince barry sanders to unretire with hermann moore senarios.

offense

1. LT-the conerstone of any offense, usually matched up against the most athletic d-lineman, must be able to pass block first

2. C- the shortest route to the qb is through the middle of the line so you must have someone who can maintain the line of scrimmage against 350+ pound NT's and DT's

3a. RT- most teams tend to be righthanded when it comes to running the ball so a drive blocking RT is pretty important

3b. QB- nuff said. take a qb at 3a if you have one rated higher at his position than the RT that you 're looking at as your third pick

5. RB- someone with power who can run between the tackles first and foremost to sustain drives and pick up tough yards

6. WR1- must be a downfield threat to prevent the defense from putting eight in the box

7. RG- solidify one side of the oline since most teams tend to be righthanded when it comes to running the ball

8. WR2- makes teams pay for double teaming WR1

9. LG- don't know if he's more important than WR2 but having a strong LT and C can help hide his weaknesses

10. TE- his strength should be exploiting the middle of the field and underneath routes while still providing a little blocking

11. FB- used mostly as a lead blocker

defense (4-3)

1. DT- i'd want one who is almost as big as a NT because i feel like if you can't stop the offense from running the ball up the middle you have almost no chance to win. also, he should be able to draw double teams

2. DT- should be smaller and quicker than the first DT because i'd want him to be a pass rushing threat

3. RDE- your pass rushing threat. the reason that i don't have him as my second defensive pick is the offense can either run directly at him or away from him to negate some of his athletic ability

4a. ILB- solidifies your interior defense

4b. LDE- must be strong enough to hold the point of attack while providing some type of pass rushing threat

6. CB1- cover skills are his strength

7. OLB- strong side, weak side, i don't know which one is more important

8. OLB

9. CB2

10a, 10b. S- strong safety, weak safety, i don't which one usually has the better cover skills but i'd take the one with the cover skills first and the one that drops into the box second

December 5th, 2008, 11:03 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

i also don't believe in BPA unless he appears to be a can't miss prospect or you have him rated noticeably higher than players at other positions of need

Um...why? Practicably every position on the Lions is one of "need". Outside of RT, #1 WR, and WSLB--you can argue that every other position is one of need.

December 6th, 2008, 4:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]