View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Speculate on who to take. 
Heisman Winner

Just difference of opinions. No ones opinion is wrong, it's actually fun having the discussions keeping it somewhat cival lol. None of us own a team and probably never will, so the only thing we can do is argue about it on the internet. :D

December 23rd, 2008, 2:10 am
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Given the number of picks we have in the first 3 rounds, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Gram Harrel or Hunter Cantwell if they're available in the 4th round. I'd take either of those guys over Stanton in a heartbeat! Orlovsky, Culpepp or Kitna, and rookie is ok with me, AS LONG AS WE IMPROVE THE TEAM AROUND THEM.

That said, I do think it is important to help out our OL THIS DRAFT. The draft defense first people, IMO, are short-sighted. Our offense is only a couple of positions away from being complete, our defense is AT LEAST FIVE. We can't fix our D this year no matter what we do. We could draft ALL defense and still have holes. I'd like to grab either a starting LB or a starting caliber SS/FS in the first two rounds and spend the majority of the picks we have in the first three rounds on offense. Get an OT and either a OC or a OG in Rds 1 and 2, pick up a LB or SS with the other first round pick, and go BPA from there on out.

If we do that we should have a MUCH improved offense and a better defense. And remember, our defense won't be as bad off because 1) we'll be able to score more points, and 2) if we upgrade our OL we'll be able to move the ball on the grond more, control the clock, and keep the D off of the field.

What happens in the draft also depends on who we can sign in February. Lions gotta replace half the defensive starters, the Lions have the cap room to bring in a top rate defensive player in their prime like Peppers,Nnamdi,Haynesworth or Suggs. If the Lions got one of those players, it is one less hole to fill in the draft and makes it easier to plug holes.

And I think the draft offense people are friggin morons. Why? Offense isn't the damn problem. Open your eyes and watch that wretched defense.

I guess Im a moron

According to WJB, I'm short sighted and unreasonable.

We all have our opinions. And if they don't match up with WJB's, then they are short sighted and unreasonable.

December 23rd, 2008, 2:12 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Given the number of picks we have in the first 3 rounds, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Gram Harrel or Hunter Cantwell if they're available in the 4th round. I'd take either of those guys over Stanton in a heartbeat! Orlovsky, Culpepp or Kitna, and rookie is ok with me, AS LONG AS WE IMPROVE THE TEAM AROUND THEM.

That said, I do think it is important to help out our OL THIS DRAFT. The draft defense first people, IMO, are short-sighted. Our offense is only a couple of positions away from being complete, our defense is AT LEAST FIVE. We can't fix our D this year no matter what we do. We could draft ALL defense and still have holes. I'd like to grab either a starting LB or a starting caliber SS/FS in the first two rounds and spend the majority of the picks we have in the first three rounds on offense. Get an OT and either a OC or a OG in Rds 1 and 2, pick up a LB or SS with the other first round pick, and go BPA from there on out.

If we do that we should have a MUCH improved offense and a better defense. And remember, our defense won't be as bad off because 1) we'll be able to score more points, and 2) if we upgrade our OL we'll be able to move the ball on the grond more, control the clock, and keep the D off of the field.

What happens in the draft also depends on who we can sign in February. Lions gotta replace half the defensive starters, the Lions have the cap room to bring in a top rate defensive player in their prime like Peppers,Nnamdi,Haynesworth or Suggs. If the Lions got one of those players, it is one less hole to fill in the draft and makes it easier to plug holes.

And I think the draft offense people are friggin morons. Why? Offense isn't the damn problem. Open your eyes and watch that wretched defense.

I guess Im a moron

We all have our opinions. And if they don't match up with WJB's, then they are short sighted and unreasonable.

He's made me feel that way on a couple of subjects as well.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2008, 8:29 am
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:

He's a lawyer, what do you expect? :shock: :lol:
LOL j/k wjb :wink:

December 23rd, 2008, 9:18 am
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I guess Im a moron

Where at LF?

Billy, you WERE being unreasonable.. DRAFT DEFENSE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

With all kinds of SIZE increases and bold type and CAPS... :roll:

When someone is promoting a univariate analysis that ignores reality and fact, they're being unreasonable. When someone is screaming BLASPHMEY in the face of truth, they're being unreasonable.

You wouldn't even listen to very rational talk about fixing the OL, and you were putting words in people's mouths about what they were saying about the team. Exmpl: "you said ignore the defense in the draft" - FALSE, "you said the team would miraculously be great if we fix the OL" - again FALSE "you said that we should have three rookie OL man next year" FALSE

Twisting other peoples words and not engaging into a discussion, but rather pounding your fist and saying the same thing over and over again is being unreasonable, and YOU WERE!!! :twisted: :wink:

LF4L, when did I make you feel that way? Generally I have a well thougt out opinion (whether it's right or not, at least I've thought long and hard about it!), and I don't easily sway from it, but usually I can understand or empathize with other points of view.

December 23rd, 2008, 11:15 am

WJB, for one the whole trading Roy discussion and there are others.. but that's the 1st one that comes to mind.

I'm over it, just letting him know he's not the only one.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2008, 12:44 pm
WJB, for one the whole trading Roy discussion and there are others.. but that's the 1st one that comes to mind.

But... but... we DID trade Roy :wink:

I can see how you could feel that way about that topic. I couldn't stand Roy and wanted him gone. I wouldn't be inclined to hear much about he and CJ dominating the league for years, or about us needing him to take pressure off of CJ... He was too lazy for that, too expensive for that, and too big of a primedonna for that. That said, I do understand the argument, and I can understand, how you would feel that way on that particular subject. But, afterall I AM the "Trade Roy #1 fan!!!"

December 23rd, 2008, 12:51 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I guess Im a moron

and if they don't match up with yours they are morons?

December 23rd, 2008, 1:06 pm
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I guess Im a moron

Correction "moronic" "sheeple" that he wants to "vommit on."

December 23rd, 2008, 1:10 pm

LionsFan4Life wrote:

But... but... we DID trade Roy :wink:

I can see how you could feel that way about that topic. I couldn't stand Roy and wanted him gone. I wouldn't be inclined to hear much about he and CJ dominating the league for years, or about us needing him to take pressure off of CJ... He was too lazy for that, too expensive for that, and too big of a primedonna for that. That said, I do understand the argument, and I can understand, how you would feel that way on that particular subject. But, afterall I AM the "Trade Roy #1 fan!!!"

yeah, yeah, we sure did and we'll have to agree to disagree on that subject.

It's all good... nothing wrong with some debate from time to time as long as it doesn't get personal then I am cool with it.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2008, 2:44 pm
Hall of Fame Player

LionsFan4Life wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I guess Im a moron

Where at LF?

Billy, you WERE being unreasonable.. DRAFT DEFENSE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

With all kinds of SIZE increases and bold type and CAPS... :roll:

When someone is promoting a univariate analysis that ignores reality and fact, they're being unreasonable. When someone is screaming BLASPHMEY in the face of truth, they're being unreasonable.

You wouldn't even listen to very rational talk about fixing the OL, and you were putting words in people's mouths about what they were saying about the team. Exmpl: "you said ignore the defense in the draft" - FALSE, "you said the team would miraculously be great if we fix the OL" - again FALSE "you said that we should have three rookie OL man next year" FALSE

Twisting other peoples words and not engaging into a discussion, but rather pounding your fist and saying the same thing over and over again is being unreasonable, and YOU WERE!!! :twisted: :wink:

LF4L, when did I make you feel that way? Generally I have a well thougt out opinion (whether it's right or not, at least I've thought long and hard about it!), and I don't easily sway from it, but usually I can understand or empathize with other points of view.

OK whatever. I actually hope the Lions do your plan. So that when we have just as bad a defense next year that the offense can't get on the field you will see the folly in your argument. And then you will be screaming to draft more offense next year. At which point, I will be screaming back for you to S.T.F. UP. YOU HAD YOUR PLAN LAST YEAR. Which has failed for the last decade. But, you want more of the same. That's defined as INSANITY by many people around here. So, if I am unreasonable, Your INSANE.

December 23rd, 2008, 11:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I guess Im a moron

Hey, I am not the one that started labeling people. WJB started it by calling me unreasonable because I have an opinion that doesn't match his.

December 24th, 2008, 12:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
dh86 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I guess Im a moron

Correction "moronic" "sheeple" that he wants to "vommit on."

Starting that 1 back up?

At least I don't want someone, (Stanton ), to have a career ending injury.

December 24th, 2008, 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5