View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 May have changed my mind on draft 
Team MVP

Post May have changed my mind on draft
I was all about taking Oher/Smith with our #1, and am STILL all about NOT taking a quarterback with our 1st. But as of yesterdays game im about all defense now. Im hoping we can trade down a few picks and take a stud MLB, hopefully Maualuga, only as long as we can get a left tackle with our next pick who is still a major upgade over Backus. Yeah it would be nice to get a bunch of picks, but this team, especially defense, needs playmakers. If we can get Maualuga, we now have our "Urlacher" and "Briggs" (Sims), if you get my point. I knew our D was really bad, but after yesterdays game, ive never seen a worse defense in my life, IN MY LIFE. Just a thought. No QB. What do you think?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 22nd, 2008, 4:13 pm
RIP Killer

Well our QB, Danny O., did have a 20.1 rating yesterday so I don't think we can rule anything out.

But, I doubt the Lions will be able to trade down. Who will want to move up unless their is a sure-fire franchise QB and if there is one of those, don't you think we need one?

Nobody is going to trade up for a OT with so many available.

December 22nd, 2008, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Im not saying we dont need one, but i definetly dont to use our 1st on one. Im not saying he is gonna be great, but I still wanna see Stanton play a full game before we draft a quarterback.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

December 22nd, 2008, 4:20 pm
Heisman Winner

Dan had a bad game but that is his first bad game in 6 starts. He has played really well the other 5, every QB has a bad game even Peyton Manning and other star QBs.

December 22nd, 2008, 5:16 pm
NFL Team Captain

And he lost all of those games. I mean the team lost those games. Peyton ever do that?

December 22nd, 2008, 7:14 pm
Heisman Winner

And he lost all of those games. I mean the team lost those games. Peyton ever do that?

Yeah but he's not losing us games thats for sure. If we draft a rookie QB, He will be just like Danny O or worse. He might play good, but it won't matter because our defense won't be able to stop anyone to win games.

December 22nd, 2008, 7:18 pm
They were talking on 97.1 that the Lions may very well have to take whomever is willing to sign with us at #1, or be foreced to trade out of the pick. "I can foresee a situation where the Lions are forced to negotiate with the top 5 players and take whichever one is willing to sign with this team."

I can't say that I would blame any player that did that... If that IS the case I think we have to do a SD... Draft Stafford or whomever is the top ranked Qb or LT (top ranked player) and force other teams to trade for HIM, not the pick...

December 22nd, 2008, 8:17 pm
Team MVP

Just a thought, you think theres ANY chance the Bears could pull a surprise trade up for a quarterback? I mean, they took their tackle last year...? If that did happen, we could strike it big with that trade.

December 22nd, 2008, 11:14 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Just a thought, you think theres ANY chance the Bears could pull a surprise trade up for a quarterback? I mean, they took their tackle last year...? If that did happen, we could strike it big with that trade.

Highly unlikely IMHO. I think no team is willing to trade with division rivals b/c of the possibility of getting burned twice a year.

December 22nd, 2008, 11:52 pm
Team MVP

December 23rd, 2008, 12:00 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: May have changed my mind on draft
kdsberman wrote:
I was all about taking Oher/Smith with our #1, and am STILL all about NOT taking a quarterback with our 1st. But as of yesterdays game im about all defense now. Im hoping we can trade down a few picks and take a stud MLB, hopefully Maualuga, only as long as we can get a left tackle with our next pick who is still a major upgade over Backus. Yeah it would be nice to get a bunch of picks, but this team, especially defense, needs playmakers. If we can get Maualuga, we now have our "Urlacher" and "Briggs" (Sims), if you get my point. I knew our D was really bad, but after yesterdays game, ive never seen a worse defense in my life, IN MY LIFE. Just a thought. No QB. What do you think?

Maualuga is very overrated I wouldnt want him till our 5th

December 23rd, 2008, 12:27 am
Stallion wrote:

I'm always skeptical of USC defensive players. They seem soft when they get to the NFL.

That said, Maualuga's size and speed is DEFINITELY a plus.

James L. reminds me of the next A.J. Hawk, but I really don't think he's going to be as good as Hawk (and Hawk has definitely under performed).

Curry may well be the best LB in the top of the draft, and even he scares me some. He plays on a mediocre team at best, and he seems to disappear at times.

Two of my favorite LBs in the draft are Dan Ellerbe at MLB, and Cushing/Stintim AND Sean Weatherspoon at SSLB. I would tend to think that AT LEAST one of these guys will be available in the 3rd round.

For that reason I'm leaning towards hoping that we pass on LB with our 2nd first round pick and draft Alex Mack or William Moore/Myrn Rolle there.

December 23rd, 2008, 12:44 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

You know all this talk of L.T. or Q.B. with 1A and L.B. at 1B what about C.B or S.? I think with the first pick and all the money involved you offer a contract to the top 5 players that are either a Olinemen, Dlinemen, or QB and take BPA of need with 1B. That could be QB, Oline, Dline, CB, LB, or S depending on what happens with 1A.

December 23rd, 2008, 1:01 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Stallion wrote:

I'm always skeptical of USC defensive players. They seem soft when they get to the NFL.

That said, Maualuga's size and speed is DEFINITELY a plus.

James L. reminds me of the next A.J. Hawk, but I really don't think he's going to be as good as Hawk (and Hawk has definitely under performed).

Curry may well be the best LB in the top of the draft, and even he scares me some. He plays on a mediocre team at best, and he seems to disappear at times.

Two of my favorite LBs in the draft are Dan Ellerbe at MLB, and Cushing/Stintim AND Sean Weatherspoon at SSLB. I would tend to think that AT LEAST one of these guys will be available in the 3rd round.

For that reason I'm leaning towards hoping that we pass on LB with our 2nd first round pick and draft Alex Mack or William Moore/Myrn Rolle there.
Personally I think Curry is the best player in the draft. My second favorite LB is Spikes

Other LB I personally like are (not in order)
Daniel Holtzclaw EMU
Joe Pawelek Baylor
Jason Phillips TCU
Scott McKillop Pittsburg
Josh Muaga Nevada
Dave Philistin Maryland
Jasper Brinkley South Carolina
Sean Weatherspoon Mizzu (I consider him a Will)
Zack Follett Cal
Jonathan Casillas Wisconsin
Michael Tauiliili Duke

Moore is a beats at S. I also like Chung. Rolle however is taking some huge scholarship for Med school and is going to do that for two years then come out (atleast last I heard).

December 23rd, 2008, 1:11 am
Team MVP

You know all this talk of L.T. or Q.B. with 1A and L.B. at 1B what about C.B or S.? I think with the first pick and all the money involved you offer a contract to the top 5 players that are either a Olinemen, Dlinemen, or QB and take BPA of need with 1B. That could be QB, Oline, Dline, CB, LB, or S depending on what happens with 1A.

Every 2 minutes I change my mind on who I want. So as of this minute, with our second pick in the first round I wouldnt mind taking Taylor Mays, the safety out of USC (Alex Mack would be awesome too). Mays is 230lbs and runs a 4.4 forty they say and is great in man and zone coverage and can support the run very well. Sounds like someone the Lions need.

December 23rd, 2008, 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next