View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 May have changed my mind on draft 
Veteran General Manager

And he lost all of those games. I mean the team lost those games. Peyton ever do that?

Peyton never had the Lions defense :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

December 23rd, 2008, 1:37 am
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: May have changed my mind on draft
Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I was all about taking Oher/Smith with our #1, and am STILL all about NOT taking a quarterback with our 1st. But as of yesterdays game im about all defense now. Im hoping we can trade down a few picks and take a stud MLB, hopefully Maualuga, only as long as we can get a left tackle with our next pick who is still a major upgade over Backus. Yeah it would be nice to get a bunch of picks, but this team, especially defense, needs playmakers. If we can get Maualuga, we now have our "Urlacher" and "Briggs" (Sims), if you get my point. I knew our D was really bad, but after yesterdays game, ive never seen a worse defense in my life, IN MY LIFE. Just a thought. No QB. What do you think?

Maualuga is very overrated I wouldnt want him till our 5th

YEAH? I'm sure he'll still be hanging around in the 5th round. NOT!!!!

December 23rd, 2008, 1:41 am
Heisman Winner

Think he meant 5th pick for us. Anyways, I agree with him. Don't USC players usually fail in the Pros? I guess it's sorta like 'system' QB's there with all the players because I remember something on TV stating how most of the players aren't good pros.

December 23rd, 2008, 1:47 am
Team MVP

Think he meant 5th pick for us. Anyways, I agree with him. Don't USC players usually fail in the Pros? I guess it's sorta like 'system' QB's there with all the players because I remember something on TV stating how most of the players aren't good pros.

Though some have, you DEFINETLY cant base your drafting of a player based on the schools past players who played in the NFL. Besides, what about Carson Palmer and Troy Palamalu?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 23rd, 2008, 1:58 am
Heisman Winner

True. I think the Ohio State mlb is better than Rey personally. Either way, either one would be an upgrade to what we have. Isn't Dizon a MLB? I would like to see him get a shot before we draft another one though. There is many wholes to fix so.

December 23rd, 2008, 2:09 am
Veteran General Manager

True. I think the Ohio State mlb is better than Rey personally. Either way, either one would be an upgrade to what we have. Isn't Dizon a MLB? I would like to see him get a shot before we draft another one though. There is many wholes to fix so.

Dizon was yet another wasted pick. He is a workout warrior that is too small to play this game.

December 23rd, 2008, 2:15 am
Team MVP

hamma77 wrote:

Dizon was yet another wasted pick. He is a workout warrior that is too small to play this game.

Got that right. I was pissed the minute i saw his name on the tv.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

December 23rd, 2008, 11:55 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

hamma77 wrote:

Though some have, you DEFINETLY cant base your drafting of a player based on the schools past players who played in the NFL. Besides, what about Carson Palmer and Troy Palamalu?

Or a more direct parallel, Lofa Tatupu?

December 23rd, 2008, 12:23 pm
Pro Bowl Player

kdsberman wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

Or a more direct parallel, Lofa Tatupu?

But people see Sean Cody and Leinheart and they freak out.

USC produces a ton of NFL talent. Some good, a lot bad, but most of the 1600 players that try and enter the draft don't make it anyway.

December 23rd, 2008, 4:16 pm

BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I was all about taking Oher/Smith with our #1, and am STILL all about NOT taking a quarterback with our 1st. But as of yesterdays game im about all defense now. Im hoping we can trade down a few picks and take a stud MLB, hopefully Maualuga, only as long as we can get a left tackle with our next pick who is still a major upgade over Backus. Yeah it would be nice to get a bunch of picks, but this team, especially defense, needs playmakers. If we can get Maualuga, we now have our "Urlacher" and "Briggs" (Sims), if you get my point. I knew our D was really bad, but after yesterdays game, ive never seen a worse defense in my life, IN MY LIFE. Just a thought. No QB. What do you think?

I didn't say he was going to get drafted in the 5th did I? I believe I said I wouldn't want him till our 5th because he is overrated.

December 24th, 2008, 2:29 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I didn't say he was going to get drafted in the 5th did I? I believe I said I wouldn't want him till our 5th because he is overrated.

Maualuga is no more overated than Stafford. I can't wait for the Capital One Bowl so I can see this " can't miss " QB prospect everyone is touting as the next Brett Favre. Seeing is believing. If he is the real deal I will jump on board and say the Lions should draft him.

December 24th, 2008, 6:21 pm

liontrax wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Maualuga is no more overated than Stafford. I can't wait for the Capital One Bowl so I can see this " can't miss " QB prospect everyone is touting as the next Brett Favre. Seeing is believing. If he is the real deal I will jump on board and say the Lions should draft him.

How can you say Maualuga is no more overrated then Stafford yet you haven't seen Stafford play? Brilliant!

December 24th, 2008, 10:57 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
Stallion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Stallion wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

No matter what, I still wont get board. Without an O-line, he wont do anything, its STILL that simple and itll never change.

December 26th, 2008, 1:15 am
Pro Bowl Player

No matter what, I still wont get board. Without an O-line, he wont do anything, its STILL that simple and itll never change.

True. But you're acting like you can't build an oline without top picks. There are many good/great offensive lines that don't have ANY first round draft picks on them.

December 26th, 2008, 2:19 am
Veteran General Manager

Quote:

True. But you're acting like you can't build an oline without top picks. There are many good/great offensive lines that don't have ANY first round draft picks on them.

True, But, those O-lines were built by other teams. This is the Lions were talking about.

December 26th, 2008, 10:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next