View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 May have changed my mind on draft 
Team MVP

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
No matter what, I still wont get board. Without an O-line, he wont do anything, its STILL that simple and itll never change.

True. But you're acting like you can't build an oline without top picks. There are many good/great offensive lines that don't have ANY first round draft picks on them.

True, But, those O-lines were built by other teams. This is the Lions were talking about.

Exactly. We need top talent picked for our line because theyre so bad.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 26th, 2008, 12:19 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Quote:
No matter what, I still wont get board. Without an O-line, he wont do anything, its STILL that simple and itll never change.

True. But you're acting like you can't build an oline without top picks. There are many good/great offensive lines that don't have ANY first round draft picks on them.

They sure arent in the NFL 2008.

December 26th, 2008, 2:14 pm
Heisman Winner

Pittsburgh O Line is just as bad as the Lions, How's there playoff chances looking. :x

:roll: :wink:

December 26th, 2008, 4:50 pm
Team MVP

Pittsburgh O Line is just as bad as the Lions, How's there playoff chances looking. :x

:roll: :wink:

Helps to have a good defense though doesnt it?? And I definetly dont agree that they are as bad as the Lions O-line. We the THE worst.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 26th, 2008, 6:05 pm
Heisman Winner

Ben runs for his life, if he wasn't good at escaping pressure the sack numbers for Pittsburgh would be so high. Right now they have 2 less than Detroit.

SF has the most sacks allowed.

And yeah go figure, the team has good defense. Look @ all the playoff teams. :wink: Maybe this is why we should draft defense? To win games instead of just keep hoping we'll win with a good offense. (Which doesn't exactly work like it seems it would) Look @ Saints, Broncos (even though they might make playoffs, The team isn't very good) All great offense, defense is lolwat. You might win a few games but not what counts!!

Tennesee, 1st in points allowed.
Pittsburgh, 2nd in points allowed.
Baltimore, 3rd in points allowed. (didn't clinch spot yet)
New York Giants, 5th in points allowed.
Carolina, 8th in points allowed.
Indy, 9th in points allowed.
Atlanta, 10th in points allowed.
Miami, 11th in points allowed.

December 26th, 2008, 6:27 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

They sure arent in the NFL 2008.

SD doesn't have any first round draft picks on its offensive line. I'm pretty sure the NYG don't either. NE I think has one, but he was picked at the very bottom of the first round.

December 26th, 2008, 9:13 pm
Heisman Winner

NE offensive line has been pretty bad this year. It's up in the top 5 in sacks allowed I believe.

December 26th, 2008, 9:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Ben also tends to hold the ball too long and gets some of that pressure because of his mentality to wait for the play to develop. A lot of those teams mentioned are also near the top in rushing with Pittsburgh as the exception and they lost Parker for a good stint and Mendenhall was destroyed early in the year by Ray Lewis. Pittsburgh is also the exception of the teams that have playoff spots locked up and isn't in the top half of the league in PPG. That's why stats aren't the be all end all when comparing successful teams and teams like Detroit. If you look deep enough you can always find something to support the other side.

December 27th, 2008, 10:38 am
Heisman Winner

The Lions need everything in essence, so they need to draft what's there. Worrying about offense of defense at this point is silly. IF the best prospect is a QB, they should take him. If its an OT, they should take him. If its a toss up between a DT or DE and an OT, they should think about the defenders, since they are seemingly harder to find. Every draft is not pre-stocked with ready stars at all needed positions. The Lions have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds. If the preponderance of difference makers happen to be offensive players in the 2009 draft, that's who they should take when it is their pick. It won't all be fixed this off season. They should target the best player at the key positions of value, being QB, LT, DE, CB, DT, or RB with the #1 pick. The 2nd #1 should be used for the best player left who fills another slot other than WR. OL should be targeted more so than DL this offseason, since the Lions seemingly have developmental players on D (IAF, Fluellen, Avril, Cohen), where on OL the only name that might fit into that role is Ramirez.

December 28th, 2008, 1:03 am
Pro Bowl Player

The Lions need everything in essence, so they need to draft what's there. Worrying about offense of defense at this point is silly. IF the best prospect is a QB, they should take him. If its an OT, they should take him. If its a toss up between a DT or DE and an OT, they should think about the defenders, since they are seemingly harder to find. Every draft is not pre-stocked with ready stars at all needed positions. The Lions have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds. If the preponderance of difference makers happen to be offensive players in the 2009 draft, that's who they should take when it is their pick. It won't all be fixed this off season. They should target the best player at the key positions of value, being QB, LT, DE, CB, DT, or RB with the #1 pick. The 2nd #1 should be used for the best player left who fills another slot other than WR. OL should be targeted more so than DL this offseason, since the Lions seemingly have developmental players on D (IAF, Fluellen, Avril, Cohen), where on OL the only name that might fit into that role is Ramirez.

You speak the truth.

December 28th, 2008, 3:07 am

Tatum Bell looks like a legit NFL RB again in Denver. Go figure.

December 28th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Heisman Winner

He never was bad in Detroit, just never got touches...Look @ one game where he got legit carrys I think vs Oakland he had over 80 yards.

Tatum is one of my favorite players, because he went to Oklahoma State. I was so happy when the Lions got him but it pissed me off when they cut him for Rudi Johnson. :shock:

December 28th, 2008, 11:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Who hasn't looked like a legit RB there.

December 29th, 2008, 3:08 am

Andre Smith is suspended for the Sugar Bowl. So the Lions better vet him thoroughly.

December 29th, 2008, 4:38 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

If the Lions Draft a QB with either of the first 2 picks.. They should be contracted.
Mainly because of the matadors and turn stiles we have at LT C and Guard.

I've seen Colanders that protect better.

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

December 29th, 2008, 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next