View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 6:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What is our biggest need in the draft? 

What is our biggest need in the draft?
Quaterback 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Defensive End 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Defensive Tackle 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Middle Linebacker 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Cornerback 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Offensive Guard 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 42

 What is our biggest need in the draft? 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
LionFan57 wrote:
Draft section please.



LT is my choice but it's not included in your poll. (Moving Backus to LG).


Add me to that list.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


December 31st, 2008, 4:01 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post 
steensn wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Draft section please.



LT is my choice but it's not included in your poll. (Moving Backus to LG).


Add me to that list.


Me too!

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


January 2nd, 2009, 3:07 pm
Profile
Peewee Leaguer
User avatar

Joined: March 9th, 2007, 4:13 am
Posts: 40
Location: IOWA
Post 
I rethought my pick I wanna see Taylor Mays somewhere in the first round we really need someone to make receivers think twice before crossing the middle and also to make big plays he's HUGE!

_________________
In Heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And when we're all gone from here
Our friends will be drinking all the beer
GO HAWKS!


January 6th, 2009, 3:53 pm
Profile
Junior Varsity

Joined: August 20th, 2005, 8:16 pm
Posts: 189
Location: Battle Creek
Post 
its quite easy, our biggest need at the moment is Tallent! dont matter where they go aslong as they have tallent!


January 7th, 2009, 9:23 pm
Profile YIM
Stadium Announcer
User avatar

Joined: January 7th, 2009, 1:53 am
Posts: 83
Post 
Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.


January 7th, 2009, 11:32 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
FootballWiz wrote:
Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.
I feel Backus and Raiola have always looked bad. Hwo bout when we has Kosier and Woody at OG?


January 8th, 2009, 12:38 am
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: December 27th, 2006, 4:53 pm
Posts: 693
Post 
FootballWiz wrote:
Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.


Im sorry, but thats crap. I refuse to believe that Rick Demulling,Kyle Kosier and Edwin Mulitallo who all looked just fine next to pro bowl LTs, all of a sudden turn to bad players in Detroit. Yes, Dominic Raiola gets to the 2nd level of the defense, but thats at the expense of him not blocking the first level leaving his guards to compensate. Jeff Backus got power rushed by Brady Poppinga.


January 8th, 2009, 12:44 am
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: December 27th, 2006, 4:53 pm
Posts: 693
Post 
Stallion wrote:
FootballWiz wrote:
Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.
I feel Backus and Raiola have always looked bad. Hwo bout when we has Kosier and Woody at OG?


The only year that the Lions had an offensive line in the middle of the pack in the NFL was in 2005 with Kosier and Woody. Every other season, including this past one, bottom of the league.


January 8th, 2009, 12:48 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
dh86 wrote:
Stallion wrote:
FootballWiz wrote:
Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.
I feel Backus and Raiola have always looked bad. Hwo bout when we has Kosier and Woody at OG?


The only year that the Lions had an offensive line in the middle of the pack in the NFL was in 2005 with Kosier and Woody. Every other season, including this past one, bottom of the league.
SO are you defening Raiola and Backus?


January 8th, 2009, 5:09 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I am not own on Raiola, but I am on Backus. He gets beat way too much and has too many penalties. I don't see how putting a better OG will help Backus stop a speed rusher or a great bull rusher will do squat. He had THE most sacks allowed last year as well as near the top this year(can't very ranking as of yet). Backus is pathetic at LT, he just isn't good enough and putting a better person to his right will do nothing to help him protect his left.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 8th, 2009, 6:24 pm
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: December 27th, 2006, 4:53 pm
Posts: 693
Post 
Stallion wrote:
dh86 wrote:
Stallion wrote:
FootballWiz wrote:
Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.
I feel Backus and Raiola have always looked bad. Hwo bout when we has Kosier and Woody at OG?


The only year that the Lions had an offensive line in the middle of the pack in the NFL was in 2005 with Kosier and Woody. Every other season, including this past one, bottom of the league.
SO are you defening Raiola and Backus?


No, im saying that Backus and Raiola are consistently bad. Even when we had two good guards, that only pushed the Lions into the middle of the pack. Raiola and Backus arent even what they were in 2005 at that. I wouldnt be shocked that Jeff Backus played his last game after we cut him.


January 8th, 2009, 6:37 pm
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust
User avatar

Joined: December 30th, 2005, 6:55 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Connecticut
Post 
legit NFL starters

_________________
Rebuilding since 1957.


January 10th, 2009, 11:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.