View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What is our biggest need in the draft? 

Quaterback 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Defensive End 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Defensive Tackle 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Middle Linebacker 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Cornerback 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Offensive Guard 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 42

RIP Killer

Draft section please.

LT is my choice but it's not included in your poll. (Moving Backus to LG).

Add me to that list.

December 31st, 2008, 4:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LionFan57 wrote:
Draft section please.

LT is my choice but it's not included in your poll. (Moving Backus to LG).

Add me to that list.

Me too!

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 2nd, 2009, 3:07 pm
Peewee Leaguer

I rethought my pick I wanna see Taylor Mays somewhere in the first round we really need someone to make receivers think twice before crossing the middle and also to make big plays he's HUGE!

Our friends will be drinking all the beer
GO HAWKS!

January 6th, 2009, 3:53 pm
Junior Varsity

its quite easy, our biggest need at the moment is Tallent! dont matter where they go aslong as they have tallent!

January 7th, 2009, 9:23 pm
Profile YIM
Stadium Announcer

Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.

January 7th, 2009, 11:32 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Put A Good LG next to BAckus and Raiola and You will be impressed at how good our left side would be. If you watch the games you notice Mulitalo Looked horrible. Backus and Raiola were constantly trying to help him out which caused alot of sacks. Most of our sacks came from line stunts and blitzes right up the middle. ...Raiola cant quite block 3 guys. he needs some help in that interior.
I feel Backus and Raiola have always looked bad. Hwo bout when we has Kosier and Woody at OG?

January 8th, 2009, 12:38 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Im sorry, but thats crap. I refuse to believe that Rick Demulling,Kyle Kosier and Edwin Mulitallo who all looked just fine next to pro bowl LTs, all of a sudden turn to bad players in Detroit. Yes, Dominic Raiola gets to the 2nd level of the defense, but thats at the expense of him not blocking the first level leaving his guards to compensate. Jeff Backus got power rushed by Brady Poppinga.

January 8th, 2009, 12:44 am

FootballWiz wrote:
I feel Backus and Raiola have always looked bad. Hwo bout when we has Kosier and Woody at OG?

The only year that the Lions had an offensive line in the middle of the pack in the NFL was in 2005 with Kosier and Woody. Every other season, including this past one, bottom of the league.

January 8th, 2009, 12:48 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Stallion wrote:
FootballWiz wrote:

The only year that the Lions had an offensive line in the middle of the pack in the NFL was in 2005 with Kosier and Woody. Every other season, including this past one, bottom of the league.
SO are you defening Raiola and Backus?

January 8th, 2009, 5:09 pm
RIP Killer

I am not own on Raiola, but I am on Backus. He gets beat way too much and has too many penalties. I don't see how putting a better OG will help Backus stop a speed rusher or a great bull rusher will do squat. He had THE most sacks allowed last year as well as near the top this year(can't very ranking as of yet). Backus is pathetic at LT, he just isn't good enough and putting a better person to his right will do nothing to help him protect his left.

January 8th, 2009, 6:24 pm

dh86 wrote:
Stallion wrote:
FootballWiz wrote:

SO are you defening Raiola and Backus?

No, im saying that Backus and Raiola are consistently bad. Even when we had two good guards, that only pushed the Lions into the middle of the pack. Raiola and Backus arent even what they were in 2005 at that. I wouldnt be shocked that Jeff Backus played his last game after we cut him.

January 8th, 2009, 6:37 pm

January 10th, 2009, 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2