View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 On why the Lions shouldn't go QB with the #1 pick... 
Player of the Year - Defense

If you want to break it down to percentages, I'd say the Lions, Chiefs, and Jets have about a 50% chance of going QB in the first round.

The Chiefs are in a similar situation to the Lions, except Thigpen is better than DanO and the Chiefs have fewer holes.

Favre is more than likely not coming back. Even if he does, he may not be the undisputed starter. And with a new coach, Clemens could be booted out of town.

I'd put the Seahawk's chances at 10-15%. Will they go QB in the 2nd or 3rd round? Absolutely. But the first? As I said, if they go QB at #4, they can't sit him for more than a year, so they'll have to show Hasselback the door. I don't think they want to do that just yet.

49ers...80%.

Bears...30%. They need a QB, but they need other things. Orton can be serviceable for how their team is setup.

Buccs...25%. The Jon Gruden factor.

Everyone else is 0%.

January 4th, 2009, 4:10 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Say no to Stafford. He may have a big arm but so what. I'd rather have a smart good descion making QB with an average arm than a QB with a big arm that makes bad descions like Stafford. Stafford already throws into coverage and has a bad completion percentage imagine how much worse that would be behind are putrid o-line, but he has a big arm. :roll: Build the o-line and have a good team in place then get your QB not the other way around.

January 4th, 2009, 4:23 pm
Team MVP

Say no to Stafford. He may have a big arm but so what. I'd rather have a smart good descion making QB with an average arm than a QB with a big arm that makes bad descions like Stafford. Stafford already throws into coverage and has a bad completion percentage imagine how much worse that would be behind are putrid o-line, but he has a big arm. :roll: Build the o-line and have a good team in place then get your QB not the other way around.

100% agree. Hopefully whoever does our drafting thinks this way too.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 4th, 2009, 11:53 pm
Heisman Winner

I don't want a QB but if we do get one I hope it's Bradford. He has a strong arm, and is extremely accurate. He doesn't turn the ball over much either. We'll see how well he does against SEC defense in a few days. I hope he has a good game, so that the Lions put him ahead of Stafford in there minds.

January 5th, 2009, 12:54 am
Heisman Winner

FEEDINGmyLIONScheese wrote:
I said it when jay cutler was coming out, he was the best QB in that draft and would be a mistake not to draft him! ill say it agian this year Matt STAFFORD is going to be a grat Qb in the NFL, the boy has a cannon for a arm, and arm strength makes up for alot! 3 years from now well al be saying the samething, WHY DIDNT THEY DRAFT STAFFORD ! this of corse only counts if he declares!

Dont matter when you dont have an offensive line.

I read somewhere on a draft site that scouts are saying that Stafford is the best pro style QB prospect since Carson Palmer. That said, you will not get a crack at that type of player once you've gone through the process of building the lines and such. You won't get that player at 15. I think kds is right. If Stafford is the real thing, the Lions need to take him and work on the lines with the #20 selection. The best medicine for the Lions now is a physically gifted QB who can get the ball to CJ when other players cannot. Don't reach for him hoping he's that, evaluate the guy and if that's what you think, and the Lions did think that about Cutler, you take the guy. The only reason not to is if you think that a quality NFL QB is on your roster now. Orlovsky has not shown that, and the Lions have never attempted to determine what they have with Stanton.

January 6th, 2009, 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2