View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pre-Combine Mock Draft Thread 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I like Orakpo but at #1 overall that's bordering on a major reach. He has had knee issues in the past which throws a big red flag for me taking a guy #1. Also as impressive as Orakpo was all year Alex Boone a probable 3rd round or later OT looked pretty good against him for the most part last night. Boone started out slow on the first series or two but after that did such a good job against him that they put Orakpo against the RT for most of the game.

Orakpo also needs work on technique and setting up moves instead of relying on his physical talents. I've seen too many college DEs light in up in college and disappear in the NFL because in the NFL it takes more than physical talent. In the NFL if you don't have multiple moves and know how to set them up even a marginal OT can take a physically gifted DE out of the game. He's my favorite DE out of the top ranked players but not as the #1 pick. I don't ususally hype Wolverines but I think I'd rather see Graham in a Lion's uniform in 2010.

If they were to spend that kind of #1 money on a DE like Orakpo this year I'd rather see them go after Suggs or even Peppers. I'd rather take Suggs at 26 over Peppers at 28 but if Suggs isn't brought back to Baltimore he said last year he was interested in returning to Arizona. I'd rather they didn't drop money on a big name FA this season but if they did those two are about the only two I wouldn't mind seeing in Detroit.

January 6th, 2009, 6:49 pm
RIP Killer

Boone will be interesting. I think someone is going to get a solid T later in the middle of the draft. I wouldn't mind the Lions snagging him depending on what we do earlier. Boone has been very solid for the Buckeyes and at one point was thought to develop into a higher round pick.

January 6th, 2009, 8:05 pm
National Champion

I have a mock here somewhere (or maybe ESPN) taking him in the third I do believe. He's done well on OSU's line.

January 6th, 2009, 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2