View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Lots of 2nd Round Choices for Lions 
Stadium Announcer

Post Lots of 2nd Round Choices for Lions
Arkansas QB TE WR Matt Jones is getting alot of attention for his 4.39 40 time and his 6foot6 frame could make huge mis matches(and the lions need a 3rd string QB, 2nd TE, and 4th WR>>> He could be a good value pick.)

Hampton WR Jerome Mathis is a burner, Courtney Roby and Rascoe Parrish are also getting alot of attention

QB Charlie Frye is being compared to Brett Favre(EDIT)

A lot of Defensive Ends to pick from so I doubt the Lions pick one in the first . Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Dan Cody, David pollack, Erasmus James, and Marcus Spears will not all go in the first.

TE Alex Smith should fall to the 2nd round for the lions

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Last edited by LionsInsider on April 17th, 2005, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2005, 11:35 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lots of 2nd Round Choices for Lions
LionsInsider wrote:
Arkansas QB TE WR Matt Jones is getting alot of attention for his 4.39 40 time and his 6foot6 frame could make huge mis matches(and the lions need a 3rd string QB, 2nd TE, and 4th WR>>> He could be a good value pick.)

Hampton WR Jerome Mathis is a burner, Courtney Roby and Rascoe Parrish are also getting alot of attention

QB Charlie Frye is being compared to Brett Favre(Though alex smith and Brett Favre both attented Stanford)

A lot of Defensive Ends to pick from so I doubt the Lions pick one in the first . Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Dan Cody, David pollack, Erasmus James, and Marcus Spears will not all go in the first.

Hmm, my comments...

Alex Smith, TE, wouldn't be considered a fall in the 2nd.

Out of all the DEs you mentioned, the only ones I could see slipping would be Dan Cody and possibly Erasmus James (I think Minn will take him at 18 ).

Courtney Roby will shock me if he goes in the 2nd. Mathis would be a good pick up, though he's not a physical player. I would like to have Parrish a lot more.

Jones would be a good pick up, but it depends on value. I think there will be better value at the pick, ie, someone very solid will fall (Kahlif Barnes, Justin Miller, etc)

Last edited by conversion02 on April 17th, 2005, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2005, 11:39 am
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
LionsInsider wrote:

QB Charlie Frye is being compared to Brett Favre(Though alex smith and Brett Favre both attented Stanford)

Hmm, my comments...

Alex Smith, TE, wouldn't be considered a fall in the 2nd.

Out of all the DEs you mentioned, the only ones I could see slipping would be Dan Cody and possibly Erasmus James (I think Minn will take him at 18).

Courtney Roby will shock me if he goes in the 2nd. Mathis would be a good pick up, though he's not a physical player. I would like to have Parrish a lot more.

Jones would be a good pick up, but it depends on value. I think there will be better value at the pick, ie, someone very solid will fall (Kahlif Barnes, Justin Miller, etc)

Conversion,

I agree with every word you said.

Furthermore, and I may be in the minority on this; but taking a QB from a small school like Akron is like taking Charlie Batch from Eastern. I don't believe anyone would do that - it's just to big a risk.

Or would they...?

April 17th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Stats Boy

LionsInsider wrote:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thats Fiction. Favre went to Southern Mississippi

April 17th, 2005, 12:42 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Don't forget about Offensive Tackles in the 2nd round, Adam Terry, Marcus Johnson, Wesley Britt should all be avialable. :P

I predict that if the Lions don't draft a DE in the first round, their 2nd round pick will be a DE. Bill Swancutt. Remember that name folks. XXknight.gif

April 17th, 2005, 4:17 pm
League MVP

Steve McNair, Rd1 Alcorn State. No regrets.
Daunte Culpepper, Rd1 Central Florida. No regrets.

April 17th, 2005, 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]