View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hypothetical: Sanchez or Stafford 
Stadium Announcer

Post Hypothetical: Sanchez or Stafford
Say for some odd reason :roll: the lions take A QB at #1. And Sanchez has risen up to be a potential top 5 QB with Stafford..................Who do you take????

I dont wanna hear about how we need O line....If it came down to those 2 QBs Who do you take?

January 17th, 2009, 5:44 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Hypothetical: Sanchez or Stafford
FootballWiz wrote:
Say for some odd reason :roll: the lions take A QB at #1. And Sanchez has risen up to be a potential top 5 QB with Stafford..................Who do you take????

I dont wanna hear about how we need O line....If it came down to those 2 QBs Who do you take?

Stafford, no question. Sanchez has only played a handful of games and has been very inconsistent. Stafford has at least played more games and seems to be more of a consistently good performer.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

January 17th, 2009, 6:04 pm
#1 Overall Pick

If I'm going to take a QB in the draft.........it would be Bradford or McCoy....in 2010!!!

AND.....

I don't want to hear that we "may not have a chance at one of them" either because this team WILL BE PICKING IN THE TOP 10 PICKS next year also.

The Jets, Chiefs, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, 49ers, and maybe Seahawks are the onlt teams not "locked" into an expensive QB for at least the next 2 years. If 2 of them take Stafford and Sanchez this year, that also limits the number potential suitors next year down to about 5 teams.

Chances are pretty decent that the Jets, Bears, Vikings, and Bucs will have better records than the Lions again next year.

And if the Lions pass on QBs this year, then the Chiefs and 49ers may be the teams that take Stafford and Sanchez.....at least we can hope!

We have an EXTREMELY good chance to be in position to draft a QB early in the 2010 draft also, and I definitely like the LONG-TERM outlook of those QBs much more than the 2009 class.

January 17th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Even hypothetically, Matt Stafford has not shown the consistency desired among QBs with as much experience and talent around him that he does. He was no more consistent than Sanchez was with twice the experience. Mark Sanchez had strong games against the 6th pass D in Cal, 13th in OSU, 19th PSU and 22nd ND. His best game of the season was the Rose Bowl against PSU. Stafford was pitiful against the toughest pass D he played in Florida, struggled against the 14th ranked pass D Alabama,22nd Vanderbilt, and 23rd South Carolina. His strongest games were against Georgia Tech and Kentucky who had middle of the road pass defenses. 43 and 51 respectively. Sanchez has been more accurate and played better games against better competition. USC has alot of weapons, but I sure would take Knowshon Moreno over any USC back, and AJ Green over any USC WR.

January 17th, 2009, 8:25 pm
Heisman Winner

eh, i think USC has probably 3 backs that could be just as good as Moreno. They all split carrys so none posted insane stats. If one of the 3 got full playing times there stats would be high.

if the lions draft sanchez im gonna flip, he only has played 16 games in college. That's not enough to waste a #1 pick on

AJ Green over Patrick Turner? Ehh, I don't know there. They both are good. USC has another WR thats very good too, i think his last name is Williams.

January 17th, 2009, 8:33 pm
Heisman Winner

I get nervous about players who are in 'systems' that allow big openings to throw through to guys who are yards in the clear. I don't think I've seen enough of Sanchez to decide if he's for real or not. I don't even know if he has a propensity to get hurt.

If I'm the Lions and I decide to take a QB, its only because I'm sure that guy is a bona fide top prospect. Not just the best this year, he needs to be a guy who would be the top guy this year, last year and maybe the year before. I don't think we here have the right training or information to determine that reasonably except for things like this where we spout or own opinions. I don't think you can look at how well a player plays in college and translate and project it onto the NFL. The games are just too different. We could have an entire thread of who we thought would be good and how they turned out. The nfl teams can't do it, we shouldn't expect that we can ourselves. We claim what we think, but we don't really know. Sometimes we turn out right, sometimes we get Bryant Westbrook.

January 17th, 2009, 9:02 pm
Walk On

I don't want to hear that we "may not have a chance at one of them" either because this team WILL BE PICKING IN THE TOP 10 PICKS next year also.

Lets say we pick at #8 then. Bradford will be gone. McCoy will probably be gone. Stafford with one more year would have been gone. At #10 you get *MAYBE* the third best QB next year- a QB who would absolutely have gone lower than Stafford because he is a less desirable prospect. You are a little too high on McCoy IMO. The bottom line is that we CAN get Stafford this year. Had he stayed, chances are we could NOT get him next year.

That was all off topic. I say if you want a QB this year, it is Stafford by a mile. Had Bradford not stayed in school, Sanchez isn't even in this conversation. It's awfully convenient how Sanchez is suddenly top pick material a couple days after the Bradford announcement. I don't expect him to rate near Stafford at the combines.

-ILMP

January 18th, 2009, 1:49 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Stafford easily. If we waited till next I would go after Jevon Snead if he declares.

January 18th, 2009, 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]