View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 wishing & wanting 2009 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Quote:
The Lions need to do whatever it takes to end up with ILB Rey Maulagua and DT B.J. Raji. Maulagua #1 and trade up a few spots if need be to land Raji. Duke Robinson in the 2nd now that would be a great draft.

I like your mentality and positions, just not the specific players. Curry is the LB at #1, not Maualuga. Curry has the complete game, is roughly the same size as Rey, and is faster to boot. Maualuga is only good against the run between the tackles. Misdirection runs and pass plays will be a problem.

Duke Robinson is a great choice for #33. My preference there too.

I think you get a solid, block eating DT in Raji's teammate, Ron Brace two rounds later at #65. They both go roughly 330 lbs, IIRC. This opens up the #20 pick. You can get a solid LT, or whatever you prefer here. I'm pretty open to the possibilities with this pick. I'm sold on Curry, Robinson, and Brace though. If Brace played another year without Raji, we'd be talking about him in the top 20 IMO. For now though, he's a steal in the 3rd.

Quote:
#1 Trade down and grab Curry
We couldn't trade down very far and still get Curry. 2 or 3 spots at most. That would be a good move if we get one more 3rd rounder or something similar IMO.

-ILMP

My guess is the Lions will open negotiations with at least six players they would take at #1. Whoever agrees to the contract being offered will be their pick. No holdout B.S. Miami used this approach last year.

January 23rd, 2009, 1:14 pm
Team MVP

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 23rd, 2009, 1:54 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Hopefully Stafford is greedy then.

Hopefully!

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 23rd, 2009, 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2