View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Mock Drafts 
QB Coach

Absolutely a horrendous draft for the Lions.

I disagree. If Stafford turns out to be a good QB and Oher becomes a solid LT, that alone would make it a good draft. Plus if JL can be a solid MLB, that would solve 3 problems for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't be upset with a draft like this.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 9th, 2009, 1:24 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:

I disagree. If Stafford turns out to be a good QB and Oher becomes a solid LT, that alone would make it a good draft. Plus if JL can be a solid MLB, that would solve 3 problems for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't be upset with a draft like this.

If, if, if.....and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

I am judging the draft based upon the talent available as opposed to who he had us taking.

Take a QB with question marks over a LB who is being declared the best prospect at his position in a decade, or either of the two offensive tackles that could be elite in this league. NOBODY is confusing Stafford for a possible elite QB.

Oher, though I like his skillset, is an enigma. Boom or bust. Haven't the Lions taken enough prospects like that? At pick #20, we could have a complete shutdown corner in Darius Butler, who was projected much too low in Kipers mock.

I could go on and on....I just think that his picks in lieu of other players available were very poor for this team.

April 9th, 2009, 4:44 pm
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

If, if, if.....and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

I am judging the draft based upon the talent available as opposed to who he had us taking.

Take a QB with question marks over a LB who is being declared the best prospect at his position in a decade, or either of the two offensive tackles that could be elite in this league. NOBODY is confusing Stafford for a possible elite QB.

Oher, though I like his skillset, is an enigma. Boom or bust. Haven't the Lions taken enough prospects like that? At pick #20, we could have a complete shutdown corner in Darius Butler, who was projected much too low in Kipers mock.

I could go on and on....I just think that his picks in lieu of other players available were very poor for this team.

I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just think that anyone who comes out immediately following a draft and declares it a success or failure is kidding themselves. Th quality of a draft isn't know until about 3 years after the draft. Then you get to see how the players panned out. Stafford could turn out to be a good QB. Curry could be over-hyped. Or maybe he gets hurt. Or maybe everything you've said turns out to be true. None of us know and I think it's foolish to declare the draft to be great or terrible before any of the players has stepped onto the field.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 9th, 2009, 5:20 pm
National Champion

Quote:
Earlier today, we released Mel Kiper's latest mock draft. As we get closer to draft day, experts are zeroing in on where they believe players will land. But what might surprise you is just how much they disagree. How is it that one draft guru has a guy at No. 1 and another has him at No. 12?

Top overall value might not mean top overall pick for Jason Smith.

So we create our own war room. The process helps us with three things:

• Assigning value. If 10 experts argued about who the top pick should be, who would go first, on average? Sounds like an actual war room, no? Average helps determine who is a steal. If you get a guy with a 15.8 average at No. 24, that's great value, regardless of need.

• Creating an agreement index. By calculating the standard deviation of likely draft positions among experts, we can determine whose value is set. The lower the number, the closer the consensus.

• Finding a range. If one expert has a pick set for No. 5 overall and another has him in the No. 28 spot, it's a good indicator that a lot of mystery still surrounds the guy.

Our pool includes Kiper and McShay, plus draft experts from CBS, Fox, the NFL Network and Yahoo! Sports. All second-round projections are given a No. 35 pick standing. The numbers in the "Scouts" section all refer to the Scouts Inc. grades.

The expert rankings are for ESPN Insiders.

Updates will follow the shifting sands of opinion each week.

THE CONSENSUS
No. 1
Player Kiper McShay CBS Yahoo NFL.com Fox Avg. Agree Scouts
Jason Smith 2 2 3 1 2 4 2.3 1.03 97
Comment: It's pretty clear that Jason Smith is, along with Aaron Curry, by far the most consistent top-five lock across the board. Only one expert sees him falling past No. 3. Jason, go buy something on credit. At worst we see you landing at No. 2 overall.

No. 2
Matthew Stafford 1 1 1 10 1 3 2.8 3.60 95
Comment: Stafford is still the consensus choice to go No. 1 overall, but he does have a variance. Some still see him as a Matt Leinart-type, a guy who, if he falls past the top pick, could fall hard. Will people wonder, "What made the Lions pass?" Is it his completion percentage -- under the magical 60 percent mark -- or his Scouts Inc. rating, which is lower than six other players on the board?

No. 3
Eugene Monroe 4 4 2 2 4 2 3.0 1.10 96
Comment: Safely the No. 2-rated tackle in a draft loaded with them, Monroe is a split decision. It's either St. Louis or Seattle between the experts, but with Smith's rating so high, we say Monroe drops and learns from Walter Jones.

No. 4
Aaron Curry 3 3 4 3 3 5 3.5 .84 97
Comment: Even if the Lions listen to their fans and pass on Stafford, don't expect the Chiefs to scoop him up, given their acquisition of Matt Cassel. Instead, look for them to grab the Wake Forest LB, an instant starter.

No. 5
Brian Orakpo 8 5 9 5 5 6 6.3 1.75 96
Comment: Orakpo has raised his stock enough to be considered by most as a good fit in Cleveland's 3-4. But can he (A) stop the run and (B) chase tight ends? For a top-five pick, it sure seems like Orakpo has some question marks.

No. 6
Michael Crabtree 5 8 5 8 7 7 6.7 1.37 97
Comment: There's a good chance the top-rated prospect in the draft (with Curry and J. Smith) will be on one side of Ohio or the other. Will Braylon Edwards determine Crabtree's future? Could he replace Ocho Cinco? Or will both teams pass, giving the Raiders what Randy Moss was supposed to offer?

No. 7
Mark Sanchez 13 12 8 4 10 1 8.0 4.69 94
Comment: Sanchez is still the hardest player to pin down on the board. Because some think he could be the top pick, or go to Seattle at No. 4, he rates higher than most scouts would tag him. We still think Denver will try to find a way to nab him if he drops.

No. 8
Andre Smith 6 6 13 6 6 18 9.2 5.15 93
Comment: Andre has finally stabilized. Once considered the Warren Sapp of this year's draft, given his wacky combine showing and a blubbery pro day, Smith is now back up where most thought he should be, safely inside the top 10. Washington's hopes of landing him at No. 13 appear kaput.

No. 9
B.J. Raji 9 9 12 7 12 5 9.5 2.07 96
Comment: If character issues don't sink Raji's stock, the guy Kiper has called the most "dominating player of last season for stretches," should be safe inside the top ten.

No. 10
Jeremy Maclin 7 7 10 18 8 17 11.2 5.04 94
Comment: Maclin is in a weird situation. If Crabtree falls to the Raiders, it could push Maclin out of that spot and potentially way down the board. Would San Fran take a flyer on him at No. 10, especially if Sanchez is gone?

No. 11
Aaron Maybin 10 10 23 9 15 11 13.0 5.33 95
Comment: Maybin has been a riser ever since Indy, but he may have finally peaked. There's a general agreement that this guy is a top-15 pick. And if he falls to the Chargers at 16, that's great value.

No. 12
Everette Brown 18 11 19 12 11 9 13.3 4.13 92
Comment: A few weeks ago, Kiper had Brown ranked down in the 20s, while every other expert ranked him as a top-15 pick. Well, Mel seems to coming around, too, so things are looking good for Mr. Brown. Denver, at 12, could be the right fit.

No. 13
Tyson Jackson 12 18 16 16 14 12 14.7 2.42 91
Comment: Note how limited the variance is on Jackson; he's solidly mid-teens. If he falls to say, No. 20, he's a total steal.

No. 14
Malcolm Jenkins 25 15 15 15 9 14 15.5 5.21 93
Comment: The folks at NFL.com like Jenkins a lot more than anybody else, and we wonder why. He's still not even set on a position in the pros. Safety or corner, what'll it be? Houston could use both and it picks 15th.

No. 15
Chris "Beanie" Wells 14 14 6 14 29 16 15.5 7.48 92
Comment: Few players have moved up the board like Wells, likely due to a combination of strong workouts and fading opinions on other backs. Half of our experts see him lining up next to Reggie Bush after going to the Saints at 14. Thunder and lightning, both with toe questions.

No. 16
Robert Ayers 11 13 11 11 20 29 15.8 7.33 93
Comment: Fox is a total outlier on Ayers, who half of our experts have pegged for Buffalo (11). We'll give the nod to Kiper on this one.

No. 17
Michael Oher 20 16 21 13 21 10 16.8 4.62 91
Comment: What do the Lions, with the NFL's worst defense, do? Draft a pair of offensive players in the first round (1 and 20)! While we know Matt Millen is gone, and most Detroit fans want Curry and another defender, based on the franchise's history, it's hard to argue with Mel's projection.

No. 18
Rey Maualuga 16 20 18 20 16 13 17.2 2.71 91
Comment: He's a good fit for any team with major holes on defense, especially one that is shifting to a 3-4. Denver, at 12, could be a good fit.

No. 19
Josh Freeman 19 19 17 19 17 19 18.3 1.03 89
Comment: Josh Freeman needs to send Mel a thank you note. For weeks and weeks, Kiper kept Freeman as a mid-first-round pick, even as most every other expert had him buried in the second (or later). Now, amazingly, Freeman has wide consensus as a first rounder. There's almost no variance on the guy who is being projected as a future Buc or Jet.

No. 20
Brian Cushing 15 26 25 25 13 15 19.8 6.08 90
Comment: He'd offer great value if he falls to Miami with the 25th pick. Hey, he even looks like Zach Thomas!

No. 21
Darrius Heyward-Bey 17 22 7 35* 26 22 21.5 9.31 90
Comment: Heyward-Bey's sparkling dash at the combine and his physical skills are continuing to make up for a lack of production at Maryland. And come on, Sage Rosenfels could use a deep threat with the Vikings picking 22nd.

No. 22
Clay Matthews 35* 23 14 17 23 23 22.5 7.20 91
Comment: With Mike Vrabel shipped out, could Matthews become the next Belichick-molded tool of 3-4 perfection? With the Patriots holding the 23rd pick, it's possible.

No. 23
Knowshon Moreno 21 21 28 31 28 21 25.0 4.52 93
Comment: There's a split between the experts on Moreno and Donald Brown. Brown is probably the better inside runner and would seem to complement Brian Westbrook. But both Kiper and McShay see an aging Westbrook and view Moreno is a replacement-in-training, either at 21 or 28.

No. 24
Peria Jerry 27 27 27 27 19 24 25.2 3.25 91
Comment: Four consecutive experts see him as the new inside force in Indy. We're just the messenger.

No. 25
Vontae Davis 26 25 35* 26 24 25 26.8 4.07 90
Comment: The lesser-regarded combo (compared to Jenkins), Davis is talented enough to be a corner, but could be a dynamic cover safety. If Baltimore takes him at 26, he'll learn from the best.

No. 26
Brandon Pettigrew 24 24 24 28 35* 28 27.2 4.31 93
Comment: In his previous mock, Kiper had Pettigrew all the way up at No. 11 to Buffalo. Now, he's fallen back with the rest. Most see Pettigrew as Matt Ryan's new favorite target, the perfect fit for the hole left by Alge Crumpler last year.

No. 27
Percy Harvin 30 17 35* 35* 22 26 27.5 7.23 92
Comment: There are still serious doubts about Harvin's route-running ability and endurance, but he could be a playmaker where one is needed, however. If he lands in Tennessee with the 30th pick, perhaps he'd become a pass-catching version of Chris Johnson.

No. 28
Eben Britton 28 28 22 22 32 35* 27.8 5.23 89
Comment: Pretty solid level of agreement for a player that has risen since Indy. Britton could be opening holes for Moreno and Westbrook and protecting the backside of McNabb. No pressure, kid.

No. 29
James Laurinaitis 35* 35* 35* 35* 18 20 29.7 8.29 89
Comment: Only an utterly baffling No. 18 projection by one expert has Laurinaitis in the first round in terms of average draft position. We agree that'll he'll fall to the second, where, perhaps Detroit finally could consider defense.

No. 30
Evander Hood 35* 35* 20 35* 25 35* 29.8 6.21 87
Comment: Hood isn't considered a first rounder by half of our experts. Considering the needs of these last few picks, the defensive tackle might be best set for the early second round, maybe with St. Louis at No. 34.

No. 31
Kenny Britt 22 35* 29 35* 25 35* 30.2 5.74 88
Comment: The Giants don't have their wide receiver yet. Since both Britt and Hakeem Nicks have first round grades, they are cheaper options than Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards. But are they better?

No. 32
Donald Brown 23 31 31 35* 31 31 30.3 3.93 89
Comment: The Arizona Cardinals will take the best running back available with the 31st pick. Four of six experts say it's Brown, a productive player who tested well in Indy. He is a great value late in the first.

I'd call this more of a value board or big board than a mock, but it's presented using mocks; really, the whole point of this imho is to get the values of each player (where they are ranked by average of numerous mocks). Anyways, this is a pretty decent way of telling who reaches and who doesn't come draft day. The other useful info is the agreement index, which shows if a player is the "consensus" value at a certain pick.

I'd have to agree with TdJ above; nobody knows exactly how these kids will pan out. Even I can't knock Kipers mock..... yet :p Although, like I said, I'd probably do things differently going by what players were available (taking his mock right up to the Lions picks and then choosing my own players out of those left available.)

Anyways, just wanted to throw out the "averages" of some of the mocks out there.

April 9th, 2009, 5:35 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Murtyle wrote:
steensn wrote:
JL is going to be a solid LB. He is def more of a get in the middle of the trenches throwback LB than Curry.

Watch his film and you can see a guy who makes his assignments, fills the gaps, does what he is supposed to. Curry certainly is a better physical specimen but JL knows football and is a smart player. That is what makes him promising is his nose for the ball. He is still physically gifted, but he is certainly overshadowed by a man beast with the last name Curry. The kid is worth a first rounder and will be a solid LB for the right team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QDnHYzCazQ&feature=channel

I would rather though see us take Marcus Freeman in the third. I think he is going to be a REALLY solid LB in the NFL. He can cover great, one of the better coverage LB's in the draft and has an eye for the ball. For a value pick I think he is better than JL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBMabHxe7kc&NR=1

If you can keep JL clean he is a fine LB... My problem with him is when a lead blocker takes him on, he usually gets driven back 5 yards before he disengages and makes the tackle... He has no anchor... We need someone like Maulaluga who will blow the lead blocker up then make the tackle almost immediately... Unfortunately I don't see him making it to #20...

There are two type of guys that go into holes. Ones that fill the gap as assigned (JL) and ones that just go through the hole and try to make the big play (Maulaluga). In some systems you want a gap stuffer and others you want a play maker and if he makes a mistake you have the others to make the tackle. JL is going to be a linebacker that you can trust will be in position at the line of scrimmage to make a solid tackle. From gamefilm you can see he doesn't get pushed back, he stays with the blocker in the hole until the RB gets there making sure there is no hole. Maulaluga is going to hit that hole, go through the lead blocker (sometimes) and try to make a big play. If he fails then someone has to make the play. If your system is set up for that great, sounds good to me, but JL is a prototypical middle linebacker. He is not a Ray Lewis, he's a Speilman.

JL is extremely disciplined and technically sound, but when a blocker engages him, he gets driven back... The vids you posted are littered with examples of this... Like I said I would not be opposed to him at all, but I think Spikes and Maulaluga will be better players...

April 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm
RIP Killer

He certainly gets engaged by the blocker, but he also showed that he shed the blocker too. What is interesting is how they each approach the gap. If you look closely JL gets to the hole, engages the blocker filling the hole, then sheds the blocker for the tackle. Maulaluga waits for the RB and then hits the hole for the tackle. He is also certainly a better pass rusher, but if I get my 3-4 defense correctly the middle linebacker isn't the one to be rushing the QB.

Point is they are both going to be great LB's as long as they are in the system that fits them. JL could do the same thing that Maulaluga does, but he surely doesn't have the size to play that way. You have to take into account the style of defense OSU plays. It is precise, assignment type defense that JL had to play. He did a superb job at it. He is in the right spots, he makes the tackle, he does what he is told. Maulaluga was given more latitude to make play by flying around like a missile. JL was not given that option because the defensive scheme is not built on that. All OSU LBer's from the past 10 years or so have been like that. If you watch Maulaluga he does not make plays because he is in the right position or because he plays came to him. He waited and attacked at full speed which leads to missed tackles, missed sacks, etc. That may work for a different schemes, but if you need someone to sacrifice big plays for playing the scheme then go for Maulaluga.

Curry is a freak and is better than both hands down...

April 9th, 2009, 8:52 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I know he's loathed by many... But he's like a train wreck; you don't want to look, but you feel like you have to.

Anyways, here's Kipers latest 4 round mock. T-minus 16 days to D-Day, gentlemen! I would probably draft different than this, but if they go this way, they at least would be following a plan (QB plus protection then all D). It would at least look like we were following a big plan.

Quote:
1. Detroit Lions (Record: 0-16)

Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia: Stafford is worthy of being the No. 1 overall pick, thanks to his overall skill set.

2. St. Louis Rams (2-14)

Jason Smith, OT, Baylor: The OT spot is strong at the top with Smith, a former tight end who is supremely athletic and exactly what you want in a left tackle: someone you can count on to protect the blind side of your quarterback.

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)

Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest: He's a complete OLB with great character and work ethic, which is why it was no surprise when he nailed his combine workout.

4. Seattle Seahawks (4-12)

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia: Monroe is just a shade below Jason Smith in my opinion, but is a legit top-five pick.

5. Cleveland Browns (4-12)

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech: The stress fracture in his left foot shouldn't affect his draft status. He's a big-time player who should have a Larry Fitzgerald-type career in the NFL.

6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1)

Andre Smith, OT, Alabama: Smith has to manage his weight in order to remain on the left side. If he doesn't, he's a mauler at right tackle who could really assist the running game and do the job at that spot in pass protection. Hopefully, he'll maximize his skills in the NFL by paying more attention to detail. If he doesn't, you're looking at a major bust.

7. Oakland Raiders (5-11)

Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri: Maclin will have to adjust to an NFL offense, but I really like his big-play capability and the fact that he's much more explosive with the pads on than his 4.46-second 40-yard dash at the combine would lead you to believe.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)

Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas: I view Orakpo as a 4-3 end with the ability to also play on his feet in a 3-4 as an attacking outside linebacker. He is super-athletic and incredibly strong, but there is concern about his durability.

9. Green Bay Packers (6-10)

B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College: Raji is the top defensive tackle in this draft.

10. San Francisco 49ers (7-9)

Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State: Maybin is another combo-type who is explosive out of the blocks and relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback.

11. Buffalo Bills (7-9)

Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee: Ayers enjoyed a solid season in the SEC and then was one of the standouts during Senior Bowl week. He ran the 40 in 4.80 at the combine, though, which could give some teams pause.

12. Denver Broncos (8-8)

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU: Jackson would be ideal in a 3-4, thanks to his ability to shift inside in passing situations.

13. Washington Redskins (8-8)

Mark Sanchez, QB, USC: Sanchez definitely is one of the top five to eight players available in this draft, and getting him here would be a bit of a steal, because had he returned to USC for his senior season, he likely would have been the No. 1 overall pick.

14. New Orleans Saints (8-8)

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State: Wells is a nice fit for the Saints after they let running back Deuce McAllister go in the offseason. He could be a perfect complement to Reggie Bush.

15. Houston Texans (8-8)

Brian Cushing, OLB, USC: Cushing's ability to fit both inside and outside is the reason I've always viewed him as a surefire first-rounder.

16. San Diego Chargers (8-8)

Rey Maualuga, LB, USC: Maualuga is capable of becoming a quality "Mike" linebacker in the NFL, but needs to use his hands better to ward off blocks and must be more consistent from week to week.

17. New York Jets (9-7)

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland: Heyward-Bey's awesome size-speed ratio should win out here and give the Jets the kind of receiver they need to open up the passing game.

18. Denver Broncos (from Chicago) (8-8)

Everette Brown, DE, Florida State: Brown could make an immediate impact in the Broncos' defense because of his strong skill set.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7)

Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State: Freeman is an interesting prospect because he throws a great ball and has imposing size at nearly 6-foot-6 and 245 pounds. However, his inconsistent play puts him in the boom-or-bust category.

20. Detroit Lions (from Dallas) (0-16)

Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi: Oher is one of the more intriguing prospects in the draft. He's loaded with talent and can dominate the defense he's working against, but he also seems to have lapses in concentration when he struggles to keep his opponents at bay.

21. Philadelphia Eagles (9-6-1)

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia: There isn't anything remotely close to the talent and depth at running back available in the draft last year, but Moreno is a good fit for the Eagles at this spot.

22. Minnesota Vikings (10-6)

Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers: Britt has a ton of talent and is just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential.

23. New England Patriots (11-5)

Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut: Brown could end up being one of the more productive rookie backs in 2009 because of his all-around skills and tremendous character.

24. Atlanta Falcons (11-5)

Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State: Pettigrew remains the No. 1 tight end on the board and would be a help to young Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

25. Miami Dolphins (11-5)

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State: Jenkins has all the qualities you look for, with the exception of top-flight recovery speed, which is an obvious concern. Even so, he's too good an overall performer to pass up in the middle of the first round.

26. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois: Davis is an impressive physical specimen, but he lacked consistency with the Illini, not always performing at the elite level you would expect from a player with his natural talent and ability. He'll be a gamble.

27. Indianapolis Colts (12-4)

Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi: Jerry is a very underrated prospect, and would be a good fit in the Indianapolis scheme.

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from 12-4 CAR) (9-6-1)

Eben Britton, OT, Arizona: Britton could be a good fit for the Eagles' offensive line, although I would have liked to see him return for his senior year..

29. New York Giants (12-4)

Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina: Nicks won't wow you in a workout, but on game day he makes the tough catches and is the type of player who wants the ball thrown his way in clutch situations.

30. Tennessee Titans (13-3)

Percy Harvin, WR, Florida: Harvin reminds me of the Reggie Bush we now see with the Saints. You can utilize Harvin in a number of ways, and, like Bush, he's a scoreboard-changer. However, he also carries the same durability concerns as Bush.

31. Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

Larry English, LB, Northern Illinois: English set the all-time sack record at Northern Illinois, and could be an impact player in Arizona.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Eric Wood, C, Louisville: Wood has been a player on the rise of late, and with his size and skills he could find himself a Steeler for a very long time.

Second round
33. Detroit Lions: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio St.

34. New England Patriots (from KC) : Connor Barwin, DE/LB, Cincinnati

35. St. Louis Rams: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut

36. Cleveland Browns: Clay Matthews, LB, USC

37. Seattle Seahawks: William Moore, S, Missouri

38. Cincinnati Bengals: Alex Mack, C, California

39. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St.

40. Oakland Raiders: Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

41. Green Bay Packers: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut

42. Buffalo Bills: Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina

43. San Francisco 49ers: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest

44. Miami Dolphins (from Washington): Jarron Gilbert, DL, San Jose St.

45. New York Giants (from New Orleans): Shawn Nelson, TE, So. Mississippi

46. Houston Texans: Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri

47. New England Patriots (from San Diego): Sean Smith, CB, Utah

48. Denver Broncos: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College

49. Chicago Bears: Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia

50. Cleveland Browns (from Tampa Bay): LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh

51. Dallas Cowboys: Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan

52. New York Jets: Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina St.

53. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

54. Minnesota Vikings: Max Unger, C, Oregon

55. Atlanta Falcons: Sherrod Martin, DB, Troy

56. Miami Dolphins: Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

57. Baltimore Ravens: Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma

58. New England Patriots: Pat White, WR, West Virginia

59. Carolina Panthers: Roy Miller, DT, Texas

60. New York Giants: Kaluka Maiava, LB, USC

61. Indianapolis Colts: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn St.

62. Tennessee Titans: D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

63. Arizona Cardinals: Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa

64. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

Third round

65. Detroit: Patrick Chung, S, Oregon

66. St. Louis : Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

67. Kansas City: Andy Levitre, OL, Oregon St.

68. Seattle : Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St.

69. Dallas (from Cleveland): Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly

70. Cincinnati: Paul Kruger, DE, Utah

71. Oakland: Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama

72. Jacksonville: Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa

73. Green Bay: Cody Brown, LB, Connecticut

74. San Francisco: Darcel McBath, S, Texas Tech

75. Buffalo: T.J. Lang, OL, Eastern Michigan

76. New York Jets (from New Orleans): Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina

77. Houston Texans: Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St.

78. San Diego: Jamon Meredith, OL, South Carolina

79. Denver: Asher Allen, CB, Georgia

80. Washington: Kyle Moore, DE, USC

81. Tampa Bay: Alex Magee , DT, Purdue

82. Detroit (from Dallas): Fili Moala, DT, USC

83. Green Bay (from New York Jets): Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

84. Denver (from Chicago): Louis Murphy, WR, Florida

85. Philadelphia: Deon Butler, WR, Penn St.

86. Minnesota: Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

87. Miami: Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia

88. Baltimore : Anthony Hill, TE, North Carolina St.

89. New England: Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

90. Atlanta: Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama

91. New York Giants: Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn

92. Indianapolis : Jason Phillips, LB, TCU

93. Carolina: Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin

94. Tennessee: Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio St.

95. Arizona: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

96. Pittsburgh: Quinten Lawrence, WR, McNeese St.

97. New England (comp selection): Scott McKillop, LB, Pittsburgh

98. Cincinnati (comp selection): Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

99. Chicago (comp selection): Chris Clemons, S, Clemson

100. New York Giants (comp selection): Glen Coffee, RB, Alabama

Fourth round

101. Dallas (from Detroit): Ladarius Webb, DB, Nicholls St.

102. Kansas City : Dannell Ellerbe, LB, Georgia

103. St. Louis: Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian

104. Cleveland : Coye Francies, CB, San Jose St.

105. Seattle: James Davis, RB, Clemson

106. Cincinnati: Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU

107. Jacksonville: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St.

108. Miami (from Oakland): Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina

109. Green Bay: Zack Follett, LB, California

110. Buffalo: Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson

111. San Francisco: Mike Goodson, RB, Texas A&M

112. Houston: David Veikune, DE, Hawaii

113. San Diego: Emanuel Cook, S, South Carolina

114. Denver: Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest

115. New York Jets (from Washington): Mitch King, DL, Iowa

116. New Orleans: Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida

117. Dallas: Herman Johnson, OG, LSU

118. New Orleans (from N.Y. Jets): A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn St.

119. Chicago: Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose St.

120. Tampa Bay: Austin Collie, WR, BYU

121. Philadelphia: James Casey, TE, Rice

122. Houston (from Minnesota): Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona

123. Baltimore: Darry Beckwith, LB, LSU

124. New England: Dan Gay, OT, Baylor

125. Atlanta: Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington St.

126. Oakland (from Miami): Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.

127. Indianapolis: Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan St.

128. Carolina : Mike Wallace, WR, Mississippi

129. New York Giants: Gregory Toler, CB, St. Paul's

130. Tennessee: Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech

131. Arizona: Corvey Irvin, DT, Georgia

132. Pittsburgh: Sen'Derrick Marks, DL, Auburn

133. San Diego (comp selection): Ellis Lankster, CB, West Virginia

134. San Diego (comp selection): Dorell Scott, DT, Clemson

135. Tennessee (comp selection): Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan

136. Indianapolis (comp selection): Jonathan Casillas, LB, Wisconsin

I'd rather have Mack over JL and Sidbury over Chung (Chung makes no sense... We already have a SS), but I would be happy with this draft...

April 9th, 2009, 9:02 pm
RIP Killer

OK, I criticized this draft and didn't get into my reasonings for lack of time. Now that I have the time, here I go:

1. Stafford
Anyone who reads on this forum knows I don't think this kid is worth the top overall pick, and I don't think he's going to be that good of an NFL QB. Certainly his plateau, in my eyes, is to be a good starter.....something along the lines of an Eli. Give him enough weapons and he might squeeze out a Pro Bowl, but that doesn't make him great or a franchise QB.
Everyone knows I think the Lions should go with Curry. If, for the STUPID reason that a LB is not worth the top overall pick, they choose not to select him, then get a franchise LT in Monroe or Smith. If the intention is for this player to start immediately, go with Monroe. If they are willing to let Backus start at LT, and have this player slide inside or start at RT (since Goz didn't live up to his first round status), then go with Smith.
MY PICK: AARON CURRY-LB

20. Oher
Look, if you are going to get a LT out of this draft, why not ensure getting the top tackle at number one? While I like his technical skills, there's a reason why he slips all this way. Why waste the pick on a boom or bust pick, when you can Brandon Pettigrew, who will add the blocking talent for the running game and contribute immediately to the passing game? I also think any of the top CBs would be of value here.
MY PICK: BRANDON PETTIGREW-TE

33. Laurinaitis
While I believe Laurinaitis will make a good NFL LB, I don't believe it will be in the middle. As I continue to review tapes of him, I notice he lacks explosion in his tackling and he doesn't shed blocks as well as he should. I also believe Laurinaitis has limited upside, if any. He would be best suited to play WLB for a team that doesn't put a premium on speed at that spot. He doesn't have the speed to cover tight ends or backs, and he gets caught in traffic too much. As much as I liked the idea of this pick early on, I am not sold on this at all. Darius Butler is still on the board, and that's the direction I would have gone.
MY PICK: DARIUS BUTLER-CB

65. Chung
Personally, I think Chung will be off the board by this time. But if he is on the board, I don't agree that this is the best pick for the Lions. If the Lions want a big hitting strong safety with some cover skills, then bring back Greg Blue. If they want an in-the-box SS to stop the run, sign Roy Williams to a contract. Or Lawyer Milloy. Or any of the guys that are left in free agency who fit that bill.
With the Lions needing offensive line help, Jamon Meredith would be a good value and could ultimately develop into a very good tackle in the NFL. There is also the idea of addressing the interior with a guard. Duke Robinson is still on the board as well. However, the best value is who Kiper has projected one pick after Chung, and that is Lawrence Sidbury. Despite having Cliff Avril and Dewayne White, the Lions are still sorely lacking in pass rushers. "El Sid" can help give depth and allow the Lions to have an eventual replacement for White.
MY PICK: LAWRENCE SIDBURY-DE

82. Moala
The Lions want big run stoppers in the middle, so why take Moala, who is a carbon copy of Shaun Cody? Yes, the Lions still have some concerns in the middle, but they still have two untested DTs in Fluellen and Cohen that are being allowed to bulk up. Top that with the addition of Grady, Darby being in the rotation, and still have Jared Devries to add interior pass rushing capability and we seem to have a glut of defensive tackles. I would prefer to see the Lions continue to take the best player available here, and I am not convinced Moala is it.
Time to go offense, and help the interior of the offensive line.
MY PICK: DUKE ROBINSON-OG

April 10th, 2009, 11:23 am
RIP Killer

I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just think that anyone who comes out immediately following a draft and declares it a success or failure is kidding themselves. Th quality of a draft isn't know until about 3 years after the draft. Then you get to see how the players panned out. Stafford could turn out to be a good QB. Curry could be over-hyped. Or maybe he gets hurt. Or maybe everything you've said turns out to be true. None of us know and I think it's foolish to declare the draft to be great or terrible before any of the players has stepped onto the field.

TDJ, I agree that you have to typically wait two or three years to know the full depth of the value of the draft picks made. However, it IS possible to know right after the draft to accurately project whether the draft was of value or not. Last year I openly questioned the selections of Goz, Dizon, Moore, and Cohen. I KNEW Smith was our best pick, and so did many others on this forum.
The year before, most everyone openly questioned the selections of Stanton, Five-0 and Alexander....we seem to have been right.
And let's not even get into the BMW pick and how many folks were upset that the pick wasn't Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman.

Hindsight is 20-20, I know. But with Millen it was easy to realize the draft would be a disaster. And a number of the picks Millen made, Kiper absolutely loved (such as BMW). I am not a big fan of Kiper's prognostication abilities, and openly question is objectivity with the Stafford pick. As a draft analyst, he shouldn't have the type of bias he does with Stafford.

April 10th, 2009, 11:33 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

faulkn22 wrote:
I know he's loathed by many... But he's like a train wreck; you don't want to look, but you feel like you have to.

Anyways, here's Kipers latest 4 round mock. T-minus 16 days to D-Day, gentlemen! I would probably draft different than this, but if they go this way, they at least would be following a plan (QB plus protection then all D). It would at least look like we were following a big plan.

Quote:
1. Detroit Lions (Record: 0-16)

Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia: Stafford is worthy of being the No. 1 overall pick, thanks to his overall skill set.

2. St. Louis Rams (2-14)

Jason Smith, OT, Baylor: The OT spot is strong at the top with Smith, a former tight end who is supremely athletic and exactly what you want in a left tackle: someone you can count on to protect the blind side of your quarterback.

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)

Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest: He's a complete OLB with great character and work ethic, which is why it was no surprise when he nailed his combine workout.

4. Seattle Seahawks (4-12)

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia: Monroe is just a shade below Jason Smith in my opinion, but is a legit top-five pick.

5. Cleveland Browns (4-12)

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech: The stress fracture in his left foot shouldn't affect his draft status. He's a big-time player who should have a Larry Fitzgerald-type career in the NFL.

6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1)

Andre Smith, OT, Alabama: Smith has to manage his weight in order to remain on the left side. If he doesn't, he's a mauler at right tackle who could really assist the running game and do the job at that spot in pass protection. Hopefully, he'll maximize his skills in the NFL by paying more attention to detail. If he doesn't, you're looking at a major bust.

7. Oakland Raiders (5-11)

Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri: Maclin will have to adjust to an NFL offense, but I really like his big-play capability and the fact that he's much more explosive with the pads on than his 4.46-second 40-yard dash at the combine would lead you to believe.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)

Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas: I view Orakpo as a 4-3 end with the ability to also play on his feet in a 3-4 as an attacking outside linebacker. He is super-athletic and incredibly strong, but there is concern about his durability.

9. Green Bay Packers (6-10)

B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College: Raji is the top defensive tackle in this draft.

10. San Francisco 49ers (7-9)

Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State: Maybin is another combo-type who is explosive out of the blocks and relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback.

11. Buffalo Bills (7-9)

Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee: Ayers enjoyed a solid season in the SEC and then was one of the standouts during Senior Bowl week. He ran the 40 in 4.80 at the combine, though, which could give some teams pause.

12. Denver Broncos (8-8)

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU: Jackson would be ideal in a 3-4, thanks to his ability to shift inside in passing situations.

13. Washington Redskins (8-8)

Mark Sanchez, QB, USC: Sanchez definitely is one of the top five to eight players available in this draft, and getting him here would be a bit of a steal, because had he returned to USC for his senior season, he likely would have been the No. 1 overall pick.

14. New Orleans Saints (8-8)

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State: Wells is a nice fit for the Saints after they let running back Deuce McAllister go in the offseason. He could be a perfect complement to Reggie Bush.

15. Houston Texans (8-8)

Brian Cushing, OLB, USC: Cushing's ability to fit both inside and outside is the reason I've always viewed him as a surefire first-rounder.

16. San Diego Chargers (8-8)

Rey Maualuga, LB, USC: Maualuga is capable of becoming a quality "Mike" linebacker in the NFL, but needs to use his hands better to ward off blocks and must be more consistent from week to week.

17. New York Jets (9-7)

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland: Heyward-Bey's awesome size-speed ratio should win out here and give the Jets the kind of receiver they need to open up the passing game.

18. Denver Broncos (from Chicago) (8-8)

Everette Brown, DE, Florida State: Brown could make an immediate impact in the Broncos' defense because of his strong skill set.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7)

Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State: Freeman is an interesting prospect because he throws a great ball and has imposing size at nearly 6-foot-6 and 245 pounds. However, his inconsistent play puts him in the boom-or-bust category.

20. Detroit Lions (from Dallas) (0-16)

Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi: Oher is one of the more intriguing prospects in the draft. He's loaded with talent and can dominate the defense he's working against, but he also seems to have lapses in concentration when he struggles to keep his opponents at bay.

21. Philadelphia Eagles (9-6-1)

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia: There isn't anything remotely close to the talent and depth at running back available in the draft last year, but Moreno is a good fit for the Eagles at this spot.

22. Minnesota Vikings (10-6)

Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers: Britt has a ton of talent and is just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential.

23. New England Patriots (11-5)

Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut: Brown could end up being one of the more productive rookie backs in 2009 because of his all-around skills and tremendous character.

24. Atlanta Falcons (11-5)

Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State: Pettigrew remains the No. 1 tight end on the board and would be a help to young Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

25. Miami Dolphins (11-5)

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State: Jenkins has all the qualities you look for, with the exception of top-flight recovery speed, which is an obvious concern. Even so, he's too good an overall performer to pass up in the middle of the first round.

26. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois: Davis is an impressive physical specimen, but he lacked consistency with the Illini, not always performing at the elite level you would expect from a player with his natural talent and ability. He'll be a gamble.

27. Indianapolis Colts (12-4)

Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi: Jerry is a very underrated prospect, and would be a good fit in the Indianapolis scheme.

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from 12-4 CAR) (9-6-1)

Eben Britton, OT, Arizona: Britton could be a good fit for the Eagles' offensive line, although I would have liked to see him return for his senior year..

29. New York Giants (12-4)

Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina: Nicks won't wow you in a workout, but on game day he makes the tough catches and is the type of player who wants the ball thrown his way in clutch situations.

30. Tennessee Titans (13-3)

Percy Harvin, WR, Florida: Harvin reminds me of the Reggie Bush we now see with the Saints. You can utilize Harvin in a number of ways, and, like Bush, he's a scoreboard-changer. However, he also carries the same durability concerns as Bush.

31. Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

Larry English, LB, Northern Illinois: English set the all-time sack record at Northern Illinois, and could be an impact player in Arizona.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Eric Wood, C, Louisville: Wood has been a player on the rise of late, and with his size and skills he could find himself a Steeler for a very long time.

Second round
33. Detroit Lions: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio St.

34. New England Patriots (from KC) : Connor Barwin, DE/LB, Cincinnati

35. St. Louis Rams: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut

36. Cleveland Browns: Clay Matthews, LB, USC

37. Seattle Seahawks: William Moore, S, Missouri

38. Cincinnati Bengals: Alex Mack, C, California

39. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St.

40. Oakland Raiders: Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

41. Green Bay Packers: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut

42. Buffalo Bills: Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina

43. San Francisco 49ers: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest

44. Miami Dolphins (from Washington): Jarron Gilbert, DL, San Jose St.

45. New York Giants (from New Orleans): Shawn Nelson, TE, So. Mississippi

46. Houston Texans: Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri

47. New England Patriots (from San Diego): Sean Smith, CB, Utah

48. Denver Broncos: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College

49. Chicago Bears: Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia

50. Cleveland Browns (from Tampa Bay): LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh

51. Dallas Cowboys: Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan

52. New York Jets: Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina St.

53. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

54. Minnesota Vikings: Max Unger, C, Oregon

55. Atlanta Falcons: Sherrod Martin, DB, Troy

56. Miami Dolphins: Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

57. Baltimore Ravens: Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma

58. New England Patriots: Pat White, WR, West Virginia

59. Carolina Panthers: Roy Miller, DT, Texas

60. New York Giants: Kaluka Maiava, LB, USC

61. Indianapolis Colts: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn St.

62. Tennessee Titans: D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

63. Arizona Cardinals: Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa

64. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

Third round

65. Detroit: Patrick Chung, S, Oregon

66. St. Louis : Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

67. Kansas City: Andy Levitre, OL, Oregon St.

68. Seattle : Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St.

69. Dallas (from Cleveland): Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly

70. Cincinnati: Paul Kruger, DE, Utah

71. Oakland: Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama

72. Jacksonville: Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa

73. Green Bay: Cody Brown, LB, Connecticut

74. San Francisco: Darcel McBath, S, Texas Tech

75. Buffalo: T.J. Lang, OL, Eastern Michigan

76. New York Jets (from New Orleans): Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina

77. Houston Texans: Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St.

78. San Diego: Jamon Meredith, OL, South Carolina

79. Denver: Asher Allen, CB, Georgia

80. Washington: Kyle Moore, DE, USC

81. Tampa Bay: Alex Magee , DT, Purdue

82. Detroit (from Dallas): Fili Moala, DT, USC

83. Green Bay (from New York Jets): Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

84. Denver (from Chicago): Louis Murphy, WR, Florida

85. Philadelphia: Deon Butler, WR, Penn St.

86. Minnesota: Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

87. Miami: Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia

88. Baltimore : Anthony Hill, TE, North Carolina St.

89. New England: Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

90. Atlanta: Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama

91. New York Giants: Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn

92. Indianapolis : Jason Phillips, LB, TCU

93. Carolina: Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin

94. Tennessee: Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio St.

95. Arizona: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

96. Pittsburgh: Quinten Lawrence, WR, McNeese St.

97. New England (comp selection): Scott McKillop, LB, Pittsburgh

98. Cincinnati (comp selection): Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

99. Chicago (comp selection): Chris Clemons, S, Clemson

100. New York Giants (comp selection): Glen Coffee, RB, Alabama

Fourth round

101. Dallas (from Detroit): Ladarius Webb, DB, Nicholls St.

102. Kansas City : Dannell Ellerbe, LB, Georgia

103. St. Louis: Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian

104. Cleveland : Coye Francies, CB, San Jose St.

105. Seattle: James Davis, RB, Clemson

106. Cincinnati: Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU

107. Jacksonville: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St.

108. Miami (from Oakland): Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina

109. Green Bay: Zack Follett, LB, California

110. Buffalo: Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson

111. San Francisco: Mike Goodson, RB, Texas A&M

112. Houston: David Veikune, DE, Hawaii

113. San Diego: Emanuel Cook, S, South Carolina

114. Denver: Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest

115. New York Jets (from Washington): Mitch King, DL, Iowa

116. New Orleans: Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida

117. Dallas: Herman Johnson, OG, LSU

118. New Orleans (from N.Y. Jets): A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn St.

119. Chicago: Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose St.

120. Tampa Bay: Austin Collie, WR, BYU

121. Philadelphia: James Casey, TE, Rice

122. Houston (from Minnesota): Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona

123. Baltimore: Darry Beckwith, LB, LSU

124. New England: Dan Gay, OT, Baylor

125. Atlanta: Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington St.

126. Oakland (from Miami): Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn St.

127. Indianapolis: Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan St.

128. Carolina : Mike Wallace, WR, Mississippi

129. New York Giants: Gregory Toler, CB, St. Paul's

130. Tennessee: Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech

131. Arizona: Corvey Irvin, DT, Georgia

132. Pittsburgh: Sen'Derrick Marks, DL, Auburn

133. San Diego (comp selection): Ellis Lankster, CB, West Virginia

134. San Diego (comp selection): Dorell Scott, DT, Clemson

135. Tennessee (comp selection): Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan

136. Indianapolis (comp selection): Jonathan Casillas, LB, Wisconsin

I'd rather have Mack over JL and Sidbury over Chung (Chung makes no sense... We already have a SS), but I would be happy with this draft...

Agree about being happy with this draft. Thats what happens when you have had so many poor one's. I disagree with Kiper's take, which is pretty much standard practice for me. I do believe they take Stafford at #1 (against my wishes). Oher will be gone by 20, with the high demand for LT prospects. I'm hoping Maualuga is still there and our choice. At 33, Alex Mack provides depth at C/G until he is ready to replace Dom. Or take Jarron Gilbert DL, he is climbing on draft boards. At 65 I like McBath better if your taking a safety (ball skills) or Fletcher would be OK as an addition at CB, but I would prefer T.J. Lang at this spot. We are supposed to be building the O and D lines if you believe what Mayhew and Schwartz have been slingin. At 82 Duke Robinson and Kraig Urbik will probably be gone, I was hoping the Lions would take a TE at this spot. I try not to look at Kipers list because it does not jibe with the ones I refer to. What follows is the talent board from NFL DRAFT SCOUT.

1 Curry, Aaron (OLB), Wake Forest 1 6-2 254 4.52 2.58 1.50 25 37 10'04" 4.51 7.15
2 Crabtree, *Michael (WR), Texas Tech 1 6-2 215 4.54
3 Smith, Jason (OT), Baylor 1 6-5 309 5.09 3.00 1.75 33 24 08'00" 4.69 7.53
4 Monroe, Eugene (OT), Virginia 1 6-5 309 5.18 2.96 1.75 23 28 1/2 09'02" 4.79 7.86
5 Stafford, *Matthew (QB), Georgia 1 6-2 225 4.81 2.75 1.65 30 1/2 08'11" 4.47 7.06
6 Orakpo, Brian (DE), Texas 1 6-3 263 4.63 2.60 1.56 31 39 1/2
7 Sanchez, *Mark (QB), Southern Cal 1 6-2 227 4.93 2.81 1.63 32 1/2 09'08" 4.21 7.06
8 Raji, B.J. (DT), Boston College 1 6-2 337 5.12 2.93 1.69 33 32 08'07" 4.69 7.90
9 Jenkins, Malcolm (CB), Ohio State 1 6-0 204 4.51 2.62 1.47 15 33 10'04" 4.08 6.59
10 Brown, *Everette (DE), Florida State 1 6-2 256 4.65 2.68 1.59 26 31 1/2 09'06" 4.53 7.55
11 Maclin, *Jeremy (WR), Missouri 1 6-0 198 4.45 2.62 1.58
12 Oher, Michael (OT), Mississippi 1 6-5 309 5.34 3.03 1.78 21 30 1/2 08'07" 4.60 7.81
13 Smith, *Andre (OT), Alabama 1 6-4 332 5.28
14 Moreno, *Knowshon (RB), Georgia 1 5-11 217 4.50 2.69 1.53 25 35 1/2 09'07" 4.27 6.84
15 Cushing, Brian (OLB), Southern Cal 1 6-3 243 4.64 2.62 1.53 30 35 10'00" 4.22 6.84
16 Jackson, Tyson (DE), LSU 1 6-4 296 4.94 2.79 1.68 28 1/2 08'06" 4.80 7.64
17 Wells, *Chris (RB), Ohio State 1 6-1 235 4.52 2.62 1.50 25 33 1/2 10'08"
18 Heyward-Bey, *Darrius (WR), Maryland 1 6-2 210 4.25 2.50 1.44 16 38 1/2 10'06" 4.18 6.80
19 Harvin, *Percy (WR), Florida 1 5-11 192 4.39 2.51 1.47 19
20 Maualuga, Rey (ILB), Southern Cal 1 6-2 249 4.81 2.75 1.59 23 08'11"
21 Davis, *Vontae (CB), Illinois 1 5-11 203 4.40 2.53 1.47 25 36 10'05" 4.07 6.75
22 Matthews, Clay (OLB), Southern Cal 1 6-3 240 4.62 2.68 1.49 23 35 1/2 10'01" 4.18 6.90
23 Freeman, *Josh (QB), Kansas State 1 6-6 248 4.90 2.85 1.66 33 1/2 09'11" 4.43 7.11
24 Jerry, Peria (DT), Mississippi 1 6-2 299 4.98
25 Butler, Darius (CB), Connecticut 1-2 5-11 183 4.41 2.56 1.46 43 11'02" 4.18 6.92
26 Hood, Evander (DT), Missouri 1-2 6-3 300 4.83 2.81 1.62 34 33 09'00" 4.55 7.50
27 Laurinaitis, James (ILB), Ohio State 1-2 6-2 244 4.76 2.75 1.59 22 33 09'07" 4.24 6.93
28 Britton, *Eben (OT), Arizona 1-2 6-6 309 5.14 2.96 1.68 24 28 1/2 08'04" 4.91 7.87
29 Brown, *Donald (RB), Connecticut 1-2 5-10 210 4.46 2.55 1.50 41 1/2 10'05" 4.10 6.93
30 Pettigrew, Brandon (TE), Oklahoma State 1-2 6-6 263 4.80 2.70 1.70 22 33 09'10" 4.37 7.12
31 Barwin, Connor (OLB), Cincinnati 1-2 6-4 256 4.59 2.68 1.53 21 40 1/2 10'08" 4.18 6.87
32 Smith, Alphonso (CB), Wake Forest 1-2 5-09 193 4.47 2.60 1.50 13 34 10'05" 4.38 7.09
33 Nicks, *Hakeem (WR), North Carolina 1-2 6-1 212 4.51 2.60 1.52 36
34 Mack, Alex (C), California 1-2 6-4 307 5.17
35 Smith, *Sean (CB), Utah 1-2 6-4 214 4.50 2.59 1.53 10 34 09'11" 4.15 6.92
36 Johnson, Michael (DE), Georgia Tech 1-2 6-7 266 4.69 2.68 1.56 28 38 1/2 10'08" 4.37 7.42
37 Robiskie, Brian (WR), Ohio State 2 6-3 209 4.46 2.62 1.53 37 1/2 4.19 6.72
38 Maybin, *Aaron (DE), Penn State 2 6-4 249 4.78 2.69 1.57 22 38 10'04" 4.38 7.52
39 Britt, *Kenny (WR), Rutgers 2 6-3 218 4.50 2.62 1.56 23 37 10'04" 4.47
40 English, Larry (OLB), Northern Illinois 2 6-2 255 4.82 2.75 1.61 24 36 08'11" 4.38 7.26
41 Ayers, Robert (DE), Tennessee 2 6-3 272 4.77 2.78 1.62 18 29 1/2 08'06" 4.51 7.56
42 Unger, Max (C), Oregon 2 6-5 309 5.26 2.96 1.78 22 24 1/2 07'09" 4.50 7.39
43 Beatty, William (OT), Connecticut 2 6-6 307 5.06 2.93 1.72 27 33 1/2 08'11" 4.77 7.62
44 McCoy, *LeSean (RB), Pittsburgh 2 5-11 204 4.50
45 Wood, Eric (C), Louisville 2 6-4 310 5.19 2.84 1.68 30 30 1/2 08'03" 4.51 7.56
46 Moore, *D.J. (CB), Vanderbilt 2 5-10 192 4.56 2.62 1.54 17 39 1/2 09'10" 4.28 7.01
47 Cook, *Jared (TE), South Carolina 2 6-5 246 4.49 2.54 1.50 23 41 10'03"
48 Brace, Ron (DT), Boston College 2 6-3 330 5.48 3.15 1.88 32 28 08'03" 4.73 8.15
49 Sintim, Clint (OLB), Virginia 2 6-3 256 4.75 2.71 1.56 34 1/2 09'11" 4.40 7.37
50 Chung, Patrick (SS), Oregon 2 5-11 212 4.49 2.57 1.49 25 34 09'11"
51 Delmas, Louis (FS), Western Michigan 2 6-0 202 4.52 2.56 1.50 12 37 10'06" 4.17 6.67
52 Casey, *James (TE), Rice 2 6-3 246 4.74 2.71 1.53 28 36 09'03" 4.48 7.00
53 Robinson, Duke (OG), Oklahoma 2 6-5 329 5.32 3.03 1.75
54 Brown, Andre (RB), North Carolina State 2 6-0 224 4.37 2.56 1.47 24 37 09'07" 4.33 7.35
55 Greene, *Shonn (RB), Iowa 2 5-11 227 4.62 2.63 1.55 19 37 10'01" 4.40 7.10
56 Byrd, *Jairus (CB), Oregon 2 5-10 207 4.67
57 Moore, William (SS), Missouri 2-3 6-0 221 4.56 2.62 1.49 16 37 10'03" 4.26 6.81
58 Iglesias, Juaquin (WR), Oklahoma 2-3 6-1 210 4.44 2.62 1.56 34 1/2 09'08" 4.40
58 Gilbert, Jarron (DE), San Jose State 2-3 6-5 288 4.81 2.70 1.67 28 35 1/2 09'11" 4.56 7.70
59 Freeman, Marcus (OLB), Ohio State 2-3 6-1 239 4.65 2.68 1.52 30 37 09'05" 4.12 6.98
61 Meredith, Jamon (OT), South Carolina 2-3 6-5 304 4.99 2.84 1.69 31 28 08'09" 4.82 8.01
62 Beckwith, Darry (ILB), LSU 2-3 6-1 234 4.75 2.71 1.56 23 26 1/2 09'02" 4.50 7.39
63 Thomas, Mike (WR), Arizona 2-3 5-08 195 4.30 2.50 1.44 40 1/2 10'06" 4.28 6.65
64 Coffman, Chase (TE), Missouri 2-3 6-6 244 4.83
65 Sidbury, Jr., Lawrence (DE), Richmond 2-3 6-3 266 4.53 2.63 1.53 28 35 10'00" 4.43 7.46
66 Johnson, Herman (OG), LSU 2-3 6-7 356 5.50 3.21 1.78 21
67 Loadholt, Phil (OT), Oklahoma 2-3 6-8 332 5.49 3.12 1.75 24 29 07'11" 5.06 8.18
68 McBath, Darcel (FS), Texas Tech 2-3 6-0 198 4.58 2.64 1.55 14 38 09'11" 4.16 6.80
69 Mickens, Mike (CB), Cincinnati 2-3 6-0 186 4.53
70 Barnes, Kevin (CB), Maryland 2-3 6-0 187 4.45 2.56 1.49 38 1/2 10'08" 3.96 6.72
71 Williams, Derrick (WR), Penn State 2-3 6-0 194 4.65 2.65 1.54 15 33
72 Martin, Sherrod (CB), Troy 2-3 6-1 198 4.43 2.57 1.52 12 36 10'03" 3.98 6.60
73 Jennings, Rashad (RB), Liberty 2-3 6-1 231 4.59 2.59 1.53 29 34 10'00" 4.20 6.86
74 Moala, Fili (DT), Southern Cal 2-3 6-4 305 5.07 2.90 1.69 25 30 1/2 08'04"
75 Lewis, Keenan (CB), Oregon State 2-3 6-1 195 4.47 2.58 1.53 19 33 1/2 10'03"
76 White, Pat (QB), West Virginia 2-3 6-0 197 4.55 2.63 1.60 35 09'09" 4.42 7.06
77 Marks, *Sen'Derrick (DT), Auburn 2-3 6-2 306 5.00 2.88 1.66 33
78 Ingram, Cornelius (TE), Florida 3 6-4 245 4.68 2.69 1.53 21 33 4.53 7.12
79 Kruger, *Paul (DE), Utah 3 6-4 263 4.83 2.78 1.60 24 32 1/2 09'00" 4.47 7.52
80 Vaughn, Chip (SS), Wake Forest 3 6-2 221 4.42 2.57 1.49 21 37 10'05" 4.12 7.03
81 Urbik, Kraig (OG), Wisconsin 3 6-5 328 5.37 3.00 1.82 29 24 07'10" 4.89 7.87
82 Johnson, Rashad (FS), Alabama 3 5-11 203 4.49 2.62 1.50 15 37 10'00" 4.23 7.09
83 Murphy, Louis (WR), Florida 3 6-3 203 4.32 2.58 1.48 12
84 Brown, Cody (OLB), Connecticut 3 6-2 244 4.76 2.79 1.62 26 36 1/2 10'00" 4.40 7.10
85 Caldwell, Antoine (C), Alabama 3 6-3 309 5.24 3.03 1.69 23 28 09'03" 5.04 7.96
86 Allen, *Asher (CB), Georgia 3 5-10 194 4.48 2.59 1.50 22 35 09'07" 4.30 6.93
87 Levitre, Andy (OG), Oregon State 3 6-3 305 5.33 3.03 1.78 23 30 1/2 08'07" 4.52
88 Nelson, Shawn (TE), Southern Miss 3 6-5 240 4.52 2.60 1.50 19 33 09'07" 4.46 6.96
89 Massaquoi, Mohamed (WR), Georgia 3 6-2 210 4.60 2.65 1.56 36 1/2 10'07"
90 Owens, Christopher (CB), San Jose State 3 5-10 181 4.44 2.59 1.53 14 34 1/2 09'02" 4.16 6.93
91 McGee, Stephen (QB), Texas A&M 3 6-3 225 4.61 2.63 1.53 33 09'04" 4.49 7.34
92 Cadogan, Gerald (OT), Penn State 3 6-5 309 4.99 2.96 1.75 26 25 07'11" 4.80 8.05
93 Ringer, Javon (RB), Michigan State 3 5-09 205 4.55 2.60 1.53 23 34 09'07" 4.11 6.87
94 Magee, Alex (DT), Purdue 3 6-3 298 5.03 2.87 1.66 30 29 1/2 08'07" 4.55 7.52
95 Brinkley, Jasper (ILB), South Carolina 3 6-2 252 4.67 2.63 1.55 26 35 1/2 09'06" 4.32 7.03
96 Williams, Jason (OLB), Western Illinois 3-4 6-1 241 4.52
97 Kropog, Troy (OT), Tulane 3-4 6-6 309 5.30 2.93 1.76 21 30 08'04" 4.84 7.65
98 Bruton, David (FS), Notre Dame 3-4 6-2 219 4.40 2.59 1.53 19 41 1/2 11'00" 4.28 6.60
99 Ogletree, *Kevin (WR), Virginia 3-4 6-1 196 4.36 2.51 1.50 36 10'02" 4.08 6.67
100 Scott, Dorell (DT), Clemson 3-4 6-3 312 4.92 2.82 1.65 29 30 1/2 08'11" 4.84 8.28
101 Luigs, Jonathan (C), Arkansas 3-4 6-4 301 5.14 2.90 1.78 26 31 08'03" 4.79 7.69
102 Peerman, Cedric (RB), Virginia 3-4 5-10 216 4.34 2.54 1.40 27 40 09'09" 4.29 6.99
103 Smith, DeAngelo (CB), Cincinnati 3-4 5-11 194 4.50 2.63 1.50 17 31 1/2 09'01" 4.35 7.27
104 Lang, T.J. (OG), Eastern Michigan 3-4 6-4 316 5.12
105 Harris, Victor (CB), Virginia Tech 3-4 5-11 198 4.68 2.59 1.50 33 1/2 09'10" 3.98 6.68
106 Bomar, Rhett (QB), Sam Houston State 3-4 6-2 225 4.70 2.75 1.59 25 08'10" 4.06 6.91
107 Veikune, David (DE), Hawaii 3-4 6-3 257 4.79 2.81 1.58 35 33 09'02" 4.46 7.20
108 Hamlin, Michael (SS), Clemson 3-4 6-2 214 4.57 2.67 1.56 17 37 1/2 09'09" 4.42 7.14
109 Ellerbe, Dannell (ILB), Georgia 3-4 6-1 236 4.63 35 09'10" 4.23 7.00
110 McKenzie, Tyrone (OLB), South Florida 3-4 6-2 243 4.76 2.70 1.56 27 09'04"
111 Tate, Brandon (WR), North Carolina 3-4 6-0 183 4.52
112 Beckum, Travis (TE), Wisconsin 3-4 6-3 239 4.62 28
113 Barden, Ramses (WR), Cal Poly 3-4 6-6 229 4.55 2.66 1.62 17 33 1/2 09'10" 4.26
114 Tupou, Fenuki (OT), Oregon 3-4 6-6 314 5.40 3.06 1.78 24 25 1/2 07'10" 5.02 8.33
115 Dillard, Jarett (WR), Rice 4 5-10 191 4.52 2.57 1.50 13 42 1/2 10'09" 4.41 7.10
116 Francies, Coye (CB), San Jose State 4 6-1 185 4.63 2.60 1.53 24 36 10'03" 4.24 6.81
117 Spillman, C.J. (FS), Marshall 4 6-0 197 4.45 2.57 1.49 41 1/2 10'02" 4.33 7.05
118 Collie, *Austin (WR), BYU 4 6-1 200 4.56 2.60 1.50 17 34 10'00" 4.24 6.78
119 Casillas, Jonathan (OLB), Wisconsin 4 6-1 228 4.50 24
120 McRath, *Gerald (ILB), Southern Miss 4 6-3 231 4.49 2.62 1.48 19 34 10'03" 4.35 7.24
121 Jean Francois, Ricky (DT), LSU 4 6-3 295 5.18 25 26 07'09"
122 Hughes, Brandon (CB), Oregon State 4 5-11 182 4.40 2.59 1.46 08 36 1/2 10'08" 4.23 6.90
123 King, Mitch (DT), Iowa 4 6-2 280 4.83 2.81 1.66 23 33 1/2 09'01" 4.58 7.60
124 Quinn, *Richard (TE), North Carolina 4 6-4 264 4.88 2.84 1.62 24 32 1/2 09'11" 4.62 7.50
125 Vollmer, Sebastian (OT), Houston 4 6-8 312 5.12
126 Sheets, Kory (RB), Purdue 4 5-11 208 4.39 2.56 1.44 15 37 10'01" 4.39 7.18
127 Canfield, Trevor (OG), Cincinnati 4 6-5 307 5.30 2.94 1.75 29
128 Cook, *Emanuel (SS), South Carolina 4 5-10 197 4.57 2.65 1.53 18 35 09'08"
129 Sakoda, Louie (K), Utah 4 5-09 176 4.82
130 Moore, Kyle (DE), Southern Cal 4 6-5 272 4.81 2.80 1.62 22 30 1/2 08'09" 4.47 7.40
131 Follett, Zack (OLB), California 4 6-2 236 4.69 2.71 1.59 37 09'09" 7.31
132 Fulton, Xavier (OT), Illinois 4 6-4 302 5.01 2.87 1.68 27 31 09'03" 4.56 7.35
133 Webb, Lardarius (CB), Nicholls State 4-5 5-10 179 4.35 2.54 1.49 15 36 1/2 10'01" 4.10 6.77
134 Coffee, *Glen (RB), Alabama 4-5 6-0 209 4.50 2.62 1.53 24 36 10'01" 4.51 7.35
135 Shipley, A.Q. (C), Penn State 4-5 6-1 304 5.19 2.93 1.72 33 31 08'04" 4.40 7.46
136 Clemons, Chris (FS), Clemson 4-5 6-0 208 4.33 2.53 1.44 19 37 1/2 10'07" 4.38 7.27
137 McKinley, Kenny (WR), South Carolina 4-5 6-1 189 4.37 2.53 1.46 37 09'05" 4.10 6.96
138 Wilson, John Parker (QB), Alabama 4-5 6-2 219 4.75 2.76 1.58 29 1/2 08'09" 4.59 7.53
139 Hill, Anthony (TE), North Carolina State 4-5 6-5 262 4.84 2.72 1.56 21 30 1/2 08'11" 4.56 7.31
140 Watkins, Jason (OT), Florida 4-5 6-6 318 5.51 3.12 1.81 18 24 1/2 07'06" 5.03 7.89
141 Fletcher, Bradley (CB), Iowa 4-5 6-1 196 4.47 2.59 1.47 20 38 1/2 10'02" 4.29 7.04
142 Williams, *Brandon (DE), Texas Tech 4-5 6-3 261 4.96 2.79 1.66 33 09'04" 4.49 7.23
143 Greene, Courtney (SS), Rutgers 4-5 6-0 212 4.55 2.59 1.55 21 34 1/2 09'08" 4.16 7.35
144 Turner, Patrick (WR), Southern Cal 4-5 6-5 223 4.65
145 Miller, Roy (DT), Texas 5 6-1 310 4.95 2.88 1.68 36 32 08'07" 4.74 8.01
145 Shaughnessy, Matt (DE), Wisconsin 4-5 6-5 266 4.86 2.81 1.69 24 30 1/2 09'04" 4.88 7.68
146 Maiava, Kaluka (OLB), Southern Cal 4-5 6-0 229 4.70 2.71 1.56 30 09'02" 4.20 6.98
147 Hill, Sammie Lee (DT), Stillman 4-5 6-4 329 5.12 2.84 1.69 27 28 09'01" 4.97 7.89
148 Bell, Joel (OT), Furman 4-5 6-7 315 5.11 3.00 1.69 27 30 09'01" 4.57 7.55
149 Phillips, Jason (ILB), TCU 4-5 6-1 239 4.60 2.69 1.53 20 34 10'00" 4.32
150 Green, Tyronne (OG), Auburn 4-5 6-2 309 5.40 3.06 1.69 22
151 Knox, Johnny (WR), Abilene Christian 4-5 6-0 185 4.29 2.53 1.47 35 10'02" 4.15 6.81
152 Fiammetta, Tony (FB), Syracuse 4-5 6-0 245 4.58 2.62 1.53 30 34 09'04" 4.49 7.31
153 Goodson, *Mike (RB), Texas A&M 5 6-0 208 4.46 2.59 1.49 14 39 1/2 09'10" 4.22 6.89
155 Parrish, Augustus (OT), Kent State 5 6-4 303 5.35 3.09 1.84 21 06'06"
156 Davis, *Nate (QB), Ball State 5 6-2 226 4.95 2.90 1.65 26 1/2 08'03"
157 Thomas, Jaimie (OG), Maryland 5 6-4 323 5.29 3.00 1.78 20
158 Powers, *Jerraud (CB), Auburn 5 5-09 188 4.51 2.59 1.55 15 36 1/2 10'02" 4.08 7.09
159 Morrah, *Cameron (TE), California 5 6-4 244 4.65 2.60 1.53 24 32 1/2 09'07" 4.36 6.99
160 McKillop, Scott (ILB), Pittsburgh 5 6-1 244 4.70 2.75 1.56 27 35 1/2 09'11" 4.39 7.00
161 Harris, Nic (OLB), Oklahoma 5 6-3 234 4.86 2.84 1.67 15 31 1/2 09'01" 4.37 7.05
162 Walker, Vance (DT), Georgia Tech 5 6-2 304 5.32 2.94 1.75 29 33
163 Trent, Morgan (CB), Michigan 5 6-1 193 4.50 2.59 1.50 23 38 10'07" 4.01 7.05
164 Bennett, Michael (DE), Texas A&M 5 6-4 274 5.00 2.84 1.62 24 31 09'02"
165 Pegues, Derek (FS), Mississippi State 5 5-10 199 4.63 2.60 1.63 23 36 09'11" 4.30 7.08
166 Gibson, Brandon (WR), Washington State 5 6-1 206 4.58
167 Wallace, Mike (WR), Mississippi 5 6-1 199 4.28 2.45 1.43 14 40 10'09" 4.27 6.90
168 Joseph, Frantz (ILB), Florida Atlantic 5-6 6-1 242 4.83
169 Passmore, Darius (WR), Marshall 5-6 6-1 188 4.51 2.62 1.56 33 1/2
170 Gronkowski, Dan (TE), Maryland 5-6 6-6 255 4.79 2.65 1.53 26 33 10'02" 4.26 6.92
171 Wiley, Otis (SS), Michigan State 5-6 6-1 213 4.64
172 McDonald, Clinton (DT), Memphis 5-6 6-2 283 4.83
173 Davis, James (RB), Clemson 5-6 5-11 218 4.55 2.62 1.53 17 32 09'01" 4.37 7.15
174 Buehler, David (K), Southern Cal 5-6 6-2 227 4.57 2.62 1.50 25
175 Ellison, Kevin (OLB), Southern Cal 5-6 6-1 227 4.80 2.81 1.59 32
176 Kelly, Aaron (WR), Clemson 5-6 6-5 204 4.49 2.62 1.49 11 38 09'11" 4.45 7.25
177 Washington, *Donald (CB), Ohio State 5-6 6-0 197 4.50 2.58 1.47 09 45 11'03" 4.20 6.84
178 Johnson, Quinn (FB), LSU 5-6 6-1 246 4.82 2.78 1.61 16 32 09'07"
179 Underwood, Brandon (FS), Cincinnati 5-6 6-1 198 4.50 2.58 1.56 16 36 1/2 10'05" 4.20 7.00
180 Boone, Alex (OT), Ohio State 5-6 6-7 328 5.16 3.00 1.75 33 27 1/2 08'07" 4.69 7.83
181 Edison, Dominique (WR), Stephen F Austin 5-6 6-2 204 4.43 2.53 1.54 37 10'00" 4.18
182 Vasquez, Louis (OG), Texas Tech 5-6 6-5 333 5.22 39
183 Potter, Zach (DE), Nebraska 5-6 6-7 279 4.90 2.78 1.61 20 31 08'10" 4.48 7.75
184 Williams, Javarris (RB), Tennessee State 5-6 5-10 223 4.51 2.62 1.50 25 33 1/2 09'08"
185 Harris, Cary (CB), Southern Cal 5-6 6-0 187 4.58 2.78 1.64 18
186 Huber, Kevin (P), Cincinnati 5-6 6-1 221 4.87
187 Gardner, Andrew (OT), Georgia Tech 5-6 6-7 304 4.98
188 Brandstater, Tom (QB), Fresno State 5-6 6-5 220 4.87 2.84 1.62 28 1/2 08'10" 4.37 6.93
189 Johnson, Ian (RB), Boise State 6 5-11 212 4.41 2.55 1.46 26 33 09'08" 4.18 6.93
190 Appleby, Antonio (ILB), Virginia 6 6-4 245 4.69
191 Baker, *Chris (DT), Hampton 6 6-2 326 4.94 2.90 1.65 24 35 1/2 08'10" 4.90 8.06
192 Allen, Roger (OG), Missouri Western 6 6-3 326 5.25
193 Cosby, Quan (WR), Texas 6 5-09 196 4.50 2.63 1.47 4.47 7.28
194 Phillips, John (TE), Virginia 6 6-6 251 4.78 2.78 1.62 20 33 1/2 09'04" 4.27 6.84
195 Taylor, Curtis (FS), LSU 6 6-2 207 4.64 2.62 1.53 13 37 1/2 10'09" 4.23 7.25
196 Murtha, Lydon (OT), Nebraska 6 6-7 306 4.82 2.81 1.62 25 35 09'02" 4.34 7.06
197 Taylor, Terrance (DT), Michigan 6 6-0 306 5.22 3.00 1.78 37 30 08'08" 5.06 7.78
198 Fitzhugh, Keith (SS), Mississippi State 6 5-10 210 4.56
199 Williams, Edwin (C), Maryland 6 6-2 308 5.40 3.09 1.81 22 28 1/2 08'03" 4.98 8.15
200 Brown, Nathan (QB), Central Arkansas 6 6-1 219 4.86 2.87 1.69 30 1/2 08'10" 4.44 7.43

I realize that this board may not be any more accurate then Kiper, but they may be more objective. This is a talent board not a mock draft like Kiper's, whom I believe bases alot of the selections based on need. Hopefully the Lions will start taking BPA's as they have said as opposed to reaching for needs.

April 11th, 2009, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

April 11th, 2009, 11:17 am
NFL Team Captain

Mike, I ove the parts of your draft that are your picks. What do you think the chances are we can get those folks?

April 11th, 2009, 1:52 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I tried to copy and paste the gbnreport.com 3 round mock draft, but it wasn't a very friendly format..... so I'll put the link instead.
http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html

The Lions picks were......

#1..... Stafford
#20..... Maualuga
#33..... Ziggy Hood
#65..... Chase Coffman
#82..... Chip Vaughn (SS from Wake Forest)

I don't really like their selections at #65 or #82.

However....... I hope the draft unfolds the way they have it, because the following players were still available.

#65..... Jarron Gilbert, Ron Brace, Lawrence Sidbury
#82..... Mike Mickens, Coye Francies, Macho Harris

Even though I am not in favor of drafting Stafford....that could make for a GREAT draft!!!

April 11th, 2009, 4:13 pm
Team MVP

The only problem with that is that we don't get any O-line help. All the good ones are off the board before each of our picks except maybe Ubrick who could be had with 82.

If the draft were to fall like that I would probably go:

1: Monroe/Smith or Stafford
20: Rey Maualuga
33: Hood or Butler
65: Gilbert or Brace
82: Macho Harris or Ubrick

April 11th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Walk On

Looking at that NFL Draft Scout talent board. If everyone drafted BPA off that chart, which they won't, it would look like:

1) Aaron Curry
1b) Rey Maualuga Could also get: Vontae, Josh Freeman, Peria, Darius Butler, Ziggy, Britton, Pettigrew. Buffet line pick- it all looks so good- how do you pick just one???
2) Hakeem Nicks Options for Mack, Michael Johnson, Maybin, English, Ayers, Beatty, etc... Not bad.
3a) Lawrence Sidbury (DE). Options for Herm Johnson, Pat White???
3b) Rashad Johnson (FS) Know nothing of him. Could opt for Levitre, Massaquoi.

I must say, if it went down BPA, like such; i could get on board w/ some of these picks. I like some of the alternate options still on the board more than the actual picks themselves. That #20 pick really is a smorgasbord of talent.

-ILMP

April 11th, 2009, 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next