View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Your Ideal Draft 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Your Ideal Draft
We know it won't happen (THings always change) and there is so much more data that will change estimated player values and positions, but from everything I've read here and elsewhere , this is what I have come up with.

Smokescreen towards Stafford and then trade the Spot with anyone in the top 10. Yes , ANYONE in the top 5 for their 3rd round pick or 6-10 for a 3rd This year and a 2nd Next year or other multiple Picks. For this mock Draft board I will say KC Bites and we get a 3rd for moving down 2 spots, and they get their QB.

1a - #3 - Aaron Curry - To play MLB and Lead our New Defense
1b - #20 - Vontae Davis CB or BJ Raji DT
2 - #33 - Duke Robinson G
3a - #65 - Herman Johnson G
3b - #67 - Ron Brace DT (Or is Raji was picked , the Highest Rated CB who can play Man , Zone AND knows how to Tackle.)
5 - BPA at KR/WR
6 & 7 - BPA Depth

January 29th, 2009, 6:24 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

I'd post mine, but honestly, you just posted it for me. I might have to move Robinson, Johnson, and Brace up one pick position each to get them. As for the actual players- it's perfect. I'll pee myself if it happens.

But Duke may be late one, Herm could go in 2 easy. Brace is on several teams (or at least their fans) radar for round 3. I'd try for the CB I missed in round one at 3b then. I guess if we are talking 'ideal'- they will all slide to where you list them.

-ILMP

January 29th, 2009, 11:06 pm
Stadium Announcer

8) The UPDATED FootballWiz 2009 NFL Mock Draft :x

1) Matt Stafford QB UGA
1b)Rey Mualuaga MLB USC
2)Alphonso Smith CB WF
3a)Tyrone Green LG AUB
3b)Kraig Urbik RG WIS
5)Joe Burnett CB/KR UCF
6a)Otis Wiley FS MSU
6b)Terrence Taylor DT UofM

This Would fill Almost all of our Needs. We would just have to land Two FAs..A RB and and a DT

January 30th, 2009, 1:29 am
Hall of Fame Player

There is no ideal draft for me this year. My ideal draft wouldn't require us to HAVE TO find at least 6 starters in 1 draft. We HAVE to find at least 6 day 1 starters in this draft.

January 30th, 2009, 2:53 am
National Champion

8) The UPDATED FootballWiz 2009 NFL Mock Draft :x

1) Matt Stafford QB UGA
1b)Rey Mualuaga MLB USC
2)Alphonso Smith CB WF
3a)Tyrone Green LG AUB
3b)Kraig Urbik RG WIS
5)Joe Burnett CB/KR UCF
6a)Otis Wiley FS MSU
6b)Terrence Taylor DT UofM

This Would fill Almost all of our Needs. We would just have to land Two FAs..A RB and and a DT

Terrence Taylor @ 6b? Wow, he'll be gone by the end of the third, bet. Also, you must have seen Kipers mock with that first round selection?

January 30th, 2009, 7:22 am
Stadium Announcer

I dont base my Drafts on what some guys says. I study Enough too know how i want my draft to turn out......ALL 7 ROUNDS. I can give a summary of just about every player in the top 150.

Terrence Taylor may very well be gone in the 6th....But he will not have an impressive combine and many of the juniors will..I see him being taken somewhere between Late 4th and 6th.That is the only reach in my draft prolly. :P

January 30th, 2009, 8:14 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

While I don't have an "ideal" mock I have some rough ideas.

I want either Matt Stafford or Aaron Curry with our first

Between #20 and #33 I want to see some sort of combo of Alex Mack, DJ Moore, Alphonso Smith, Paul Kruger, Josh Freeman, Duke Robinson, Louis Delmas, Patrick Chung, Shonne Green

With our 3rds I would like to see Kraig Urbik combined with Eric Wood, Darius Butler, Coye Francies

That is just roughly

January 30th, 2009, 8:54 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

1b- Eben Britton-OT-Arizona
2- Alex Mack-C-Cal
3-Coye francies-CB-San Jose St
3b-Andy Levitre-OG-Oregon St

This is if we are stuck at these positions, I am hoping we can trade down from 1b and/or 2 to acquire additional picks in the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

January 31st, 2009, 12:31 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

1b - Vontae Davis CB ILL
2 - Robert Ayers DE TEN / Michael Johnson if he actually does fall this far...
3a - Craig Ubrik OG WIS
3b - Fili Moala DT USC
5 - Devin Moore RB/ KR Wyoming
6a - Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6b - Bruce Johnson CB Miami

I'm counting on LB and OG help from FA... I don't see them going after any of the big money positions in FA... I think they think they are set at OT (even though I beg to differ) and I can't see them paying Haynesworth or Peppers the way they want to be payed...

I'd look for a LeRoy Hill, Carlos Dansby, Channing Crowder or Bart Scott type signings in FA...

January 31st, 2009, 5:17 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Out of that list of LBs the only posible one I can see might be Scott. Hill was just busted for marijuana while both Crowder and Dansby aren't likely to be leaving their current teams.

January 31st, 2009, 5:52 pm
QB Coach

Out of that list of LBs the only posible one I can see might be Scott. Hill was just busted for marijuana while both Crowder and Dansby aren't likely to be leaving their current teams.

It looks now like Crowder is probably leaving the Fins. He feels they lowballed him on their contract offer and seems kinda upset about that.

January 31st, 2009, 6:47 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

sweetd20 wrote:

It looks now like Crowder is probably leaving the Fins. He feels they lowballed him on their contract offer and seems kinda upset about that.

Ya as ILF said, the consensus here in S. Florida is that Crowder is likely gone to the highest bidder... Lebatard (sp?) reported it last week...

I didn't know Hill got busted w/ marijuana, so that probably does take him out of the running... Was that his first offense?

Dansby wanted to test the market last year and got franchised... I am just assuming he'll try and do the same this year... Maybe not...

January 31st, 2009, 6:53 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

[quote="Murtyle"]1a - Matthew Stafford QB UGA
1b - Vontae Davis CB ILL
2 - Robert Ayers DE TEN / Michael Johnson if he actually does fall this far...
3a - Craig Ubrik OG WIS
3b - Fili Moala DT USC
5 - Devin Moore RB/ KR Wyoming
6a - Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6b - Bruce Johnson CB Miami

I'm counting on LB and OG help from FA... I don't see them going after any of the big money positions in FA... I think they think they are set at OT (even though I beg to differ) and I can't see them paying Haynesworth or Peppers the way they want to be payed...

I really like the Devin Moore pick at 5, other late round backs I like are Jeremiah Johnson-Oregon, Kory Sheets-Purdue, and Marlon Lucky-Nebraska

January 31st, 2009, 8:57 pm
Walk On

Ooh, love that Devin Moore pick too. 4.3 speed- would make a great returner and change of pace back. I'm stealing for my ideal board:

1a - Aaron Curry MLB, Dizon to Sam
1b - Vontae Davis CB
2 - Josh Freeman QB
3a - Ron Brace DT
3b - Big Herm Johnson OG
5 - Devin Moore RB/KR
6 - BPA defense
6b - BPA defense

I see Freeman as a potential Roethlisberger type, or a Daunte (pre-injury) for half price. Has elite size, a big arm, and mobility. Ideally, Kitna and Culpepper are gone, and we need a third QB. Open comp between Orlovsky, Stanton, and Freeman. Linehan made Culpepper. Let's see if he can do it twice. Has the upside of Stafford, without the price tag.

I have Herm Johnson instead of Robinson. It's all about value, upside, and you can't get a decent QB out of the late 3rd.

This draft addresses most needs, and focuses primarily on defense, with key upgrades on offense.

-ILMP

February 1st, 2009, 1:05 am
Stats Boy

1b: Brian Cushing - SAM - USC
2: Michael Johnson - DE - Georgia Tech
3a: Ron Brace - DT - Boston College
3b: Rhett Bomar - QB - Sam Houston State

I like Andre Smith at #1 overall. I think he would add an element of toughness to the run game that we've been lacking at LT.

I would consider Lauranitis at 1b, but I would prefer Cushing to play the SAM. Cushing would be the only linebacker on the Lions roster with NFL size and speed. Of course, Maualuga would be a great pick here, but I can't see that happening. I think Mel Kiper's on crack.

Michael Johnson at 2 if he falls, but I also really like Alex Mack. Mack would provide a big upgrade in the run game. There is also a chance that one of the really good CB's in this draft is available at this spot. The Lions could get good value at a position of need if one of these guys falls.

I don't know a lot about Brace, but he fits the position of need. I also like Terrance Taylor, but probably not in the third. Again, I don't know a lot about him.

I've seen Rhett Bomar play and believe he would be a steal at 3b. He has all the tools to be a franchise quarterback, but I think he's being overlooked at Sam Houston State.

February 4th, 2009, 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next