View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Screw Stafford! I want Mohamed Massaquoi! 
RIP Killer

Post Screw Stafford! I want Mohamed Massaquoi!
Stafford might be a good idea, who knows, but looking at the highlight reals for Stafford, Mohamed Massaquoi has looked like a catching machine. I read the knocks on the kid, but he makes some AWESOME catches in Stafford's highlight reels. He probably could be had in a later round, which we need a WR now that we got rid of Furrey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0S3snEEaE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nVLO39wB4

He made Stafford look good in some of them throws.

February 1st, 2009, 2:45 pm
National Champion

If you really wanted to go that route, you should take Stafford at 1 to complement them both.

February 1st, 2009, 3:43 pm
Stadium Announcer

Massaqoui Has been on my radar all year long. He is very good after the catch. Great Hands.Good sideline awareness.Can read zones and sit in soft spots.

I say we bring that continuity they had in college to detroit.Take Stafford.We could maybe spend a 3b on him and have a solid #2 receiver.

February 1st, 2009, 3:48 pm
RIP Killer

I've been thinking about them being a combo. It would make great sense, but I still am struggling with a QB number one, because if we do I'm sure we will then need to get a guard or two in the draft taking more and more away from potential defensive talent which we are in dire need of...

February 1st, 2009, 3:52 pm
National Champion

Take them and a guard (the rest d) and we'd be alright, but I don't think that the new staff wants to go offense with that many picks, at least that early.

February 1st, 2009, 3:53 pm
Walk On

I don't want the Stafford/Massaqoui combo for one reason. Massaqoui would be like a security blanket for Stafford. Due to familiarity and comfort, Stafford would likely look to Massaqoui instead of Calvin. I don't want anyone taking away throws that should be going to CJ.

Or maybe not?

-ILMP

February 2nd, 2009, 12:08 am
National Champion

Wasn't that the philosophy we used while drafting WR 1st three years in a row. Get two big WR's.... Would have worked if they weren't busts, lol.

February 2nd, 2009, 7:38 am
RIP Killer

That is why I am leary of QB at number one. You need to get some talent around him to make him viable earlier in his career. But our biggest need is defense...

February 2nd, 2009, 10:28 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

That is why I am leary of QB at number one. You need to get some talent around him to make him viable earlier in his career. But our biggest need is defense...

The reason we took 3 WRs in a row along with a RB in '04 was because of the Joey Harrington pick. Matt Millen fell into the "get Joey weapons" bullcrap that many Lions fans were saying at the time.

February 2nd, 2009, 12:56 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I want DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE with the both picks in the 1st rd.

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 2nd, 2009, 1:14 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

The reason we took 3 WRs in a row along with a RB in '04 was because of the Joey Harrington pick. Matt Millen fell into the "get Joey weapons" bullcrap that many Lions fans were saying at the time.

That is why I am leary of a QB at 1. He would need to have a OG or two as well as another WR.

I personally would like to see Massaqoui regardless.

February 2nd, 2009, 2:18 pm
National Champion

When do we think he could go in the draft? If we go Stafford at 1, and take a guard as well, we would have to go heavy defense the rest of the way more than likely.

I could see going 1(1) and 3(20) for the two, but does anyone know if that is realistic. He seems better than a mid 3rd WR to me.

February 2nd, 2009, 2:31 pm
Team MVP

Wont matter if we have a horrible O-line and horrible defense. We need line help and defense help if we want to improve this team.

I do like the "screw Stafford" part though!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 2nd, 2009, 2:41 pm
Stadium Announcer

Massaqoui would probably cost us our 3b pick. Totally worth it.

February 2nd, 2009, 4:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I was a big fan of Massaqoui during his freshman year but after that he looked like he started to coast and didn't really show much improvement as a WR. His numbers took a big jump thsi year but if you go back and watch the games he still ran a lot of poor routes leading to poor seperation and he didn't break a lot of tackles. At this point I'm more interested in seeing how Brandon Tate's knee checks out during the combine. He was making really good progress in his route running this season, has good hands, and if he's healthy is an excellent returner. I'd much rather draft a good returner that can also be a WR and look at getting a guy like Hank Baskett to complement Johnson. WR is a big adjustment position in the NFL and they'd be better off getting a guy with NFL experience to help either take advantage of Johnson being doubled or pull some coverage off of Johnson.

February 2nd, 2009, 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next