View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The "Goodbye, Ladies" Draft Report (formerly Me vs 
National Champion

Post The "Goodbye, Ladies" Draft Report (formerly Me vs
Hi,

I know some of you followed my blog last year. I started posting again a month or so ago after a long absence, but most of my posts so far have been of the draft analysis variety. So far, I have a post about Millen's biggest reaches and why the Lions should avoid both Orakpo and Michael Johnson. Here is my first "humor" post of the year. I hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
Slots! The Detroit Lions' 2009 Draft Needs (Defense)

William Clay Ford is like the Detroit Lions' organization personal ground hog: he only comes out of his hole once per year, he says something that reveals that he has no collection with reality, and then Lions fans across the country know that they will have eight years of winter. Most puzzling is a particular comment that he made after a 42-7 drubbing in which New Orleans punter Steven Weatherford got less work than a tailor at a nudist convention. Specifically, Mr. Ford informed the fan base that after the worst season in NFL history, the Detroit Lions' offseason would be organized around filling available "slots" on the team and front office. This is quite an understatement, Mr. Ford. Here are some other potential statements that could come from the man whose middle name is synonymous with soil formed from rocks weathered by carbonic acid and other diluted solvents:

"I'm certainly not twenty years old anymore."
"That Terrell Owens sure is chatty."
"A safety? Looks to me like our quarterback just barely stepped outside the back of the end zone."
"Boy, howdy, that Atlantic Ocean is some puddle."

So, like last year, where I examined the "holes" on the Detroit Lions' 2008 roster, this year I will examine the "slots" on the Detroit Lions' roster. Mind you, I'm not going to list every position that could use an upgrade--in that case, I might as well just link to this list of the positions in American football. No, the only "slots" that I'm examining run five miles long, a mile wide, and go deep, deep into the center of the Earth. In other words, positions so bereft of talent that Ellen DeGeneres might be an upgrade.

Unfortunately, the Detroit Lions' roster is so abyssmal, so devoid of anything remotely a professional football players, that I cannot possibly tackle this subject without breaking it into a "defense" and an "offense" post. Otherwise, I would risk shorting out my computer (which consequently, actually happened while I was examining Ikaika Alama-Francis). So without further ado, trade in your dollar bills for quarters because we're going to see some slots!

Defensive Tackle (Nose Tackle)
"Slot" Overview: This position has been a screaming need ever since the Detroit Lions traded away Shaun "talented but occasionally enjoyed a few too many doughnuts" Rogers. Well, Shaun Rogers showed the Detroit Lions by being a great nose tackle for an otherwise disappointing Cleveland Browns, and the Detroit Lions showed Shaun Rogers by losing every game. Wait, what?

Candidates to get pushed three yards downfield for your Detroit Lions:

Chuck Darby
Chuck Darby came to the Detroit Lions with the reputation as a so-so player for the Seattle Seahawks, and an even more so-so player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I wish I could tell you more about Chuck Darby, but I had completely forgotten that he was on the team until week nine when I saw a shot of the sideline and saw a big guy with #91 on his uniform. "Who is that?" I thought, and then he turned around and it was Chuck Darby! When you weigh 297 pounds it's hard to get lost in the shuffle, but congratulations, Chuck, you did it!

Shaun Cody
Shaun Cody arrived on the Detroit Lions after Matt Millen lost the "guess which player in the middle of the USC defense is the best" game between Shaun Cody and Lofa Tatupu. While Lofa Tatupu has kept busy making tackles and making the Pro Bowl for the Seattle Seahawks, Shaun Cody has kept busy making fashion statements with his hair. Apparently, Shaun got his latest 'do done, a blond mohawk, so that he could have a hairstlye as awful as his play on the field.

Langston Moore
Langston Moore proves the old Detroit Lions maxim that players unceremoniously released from other NFL teams are probably better than high-round draft picks made by Matt Millen. Langston Moore was cut by both the Bengals and the Cardinals before joining the Detroit Lions, two teams (at least at the time, in the case of the Cardinals) who were revered for their dominating defensive lines.

Handicapping the Starter:
New Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz annoints Chuck Darby the starter, but soon after the anouncement realizes that Darby is nowhere to be found. However, Shaun Cody, who has died his hair glow in the dark green and shaped it into a twenty foot high mohawk, is easily spotted and becomes the starter.

Defensive Tackle (Under Tackle)
"Slot" Overview: The Detroit Lions thought that they had this position locked up when they signed rare not complete bust third round pick Cory Redding to a long-term contract. How silly they were! Without Shaun Rogers soaking up double teams, the running backs and the offensive guards of the NFC North suddenly found their jobs much, much easier.

Candidates to get pushed five yards downfield for your Detroit Lions:

Cory Redding
If you google "Cory Redding" you'll see the words "huge, "wow," and "monster." Unfortunately, they're not describing Cory Redding, but his 49 million dollar contract which made him the highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL. Receiving all of those millions must have been exhausting for Cory, because as soon as he signed his contract, he took a big, long nap--that lasted exactly 16 games.

Landon Cohen
Landon Cohen is better known as the 7th Round Draft Pick who was not prevented from joining the team due to a change in military policy. Usually, players who register only 5.5 sacks playing for colleges such as Ohio University are long-shots to make NFL rosters, but on the Detroit Lions, anything is possible!

Shemiah LeGrande
Actually, Shemiah LeGrande has no chance of starting for the Detroit Lions, but I just wanted to write "Shemiah!"

Cory Redding becomes the starter despite pricking his finger on Jim Schwartz's spinning wheel and falling into a deep sleep that can only be broken by a well-timed kiss from a handsome prince.

Outside Linebacker (Strong Side)
"Slot" Overview: The strong side linebacker position is not particularly important schematically in the Tampa-2 defense that the Detroit Lions have been running the last couple of years. Unfortunately, unimportant does not equal "not awful."

Candidates to let the tight end slip by in coverage for your Detroit Lions:

Jordon Dizon
Alright, if you have been reading this blog, you know that the Dizon pick looked bad when it was made, looked worse a few days after it was made, and was confirmed to be awful when Dizon couldn't make it on the field when he was healthy, and obviously couldn't make it on the field when he was not. It's pretty bad when, before your rookie year is over, your head coach starts transitioning you to strong side linebacker. Translation: "whoops, this guy is pretty bad, but hey, maybe we can stick him at the least important position on the defense and nobody will notice how much we screwed the pooch."

Ryan Nece
The key word in "outside" linebacker is "outside." However, this concept seems lost to Ryan Nece, because whenever opposing running backs cut to the outside, Ryan Nece was never there! Maybe he was off getting a pop or something. To his credit, however, he would win the starting job outright if the competition for the spot included a fashion competition.

Darnell "Chandler" Bing
You know that you're not high on the food chain when you don't even get a "linebacker number" and the equipment manager assigns you something in the 40's. Darnell Bing joined the Detroit Lions after being cut from the Raiders, which is kind of like getting fired from McDonald's.

Jordon Dizon begins the season as a starting linebacker, but after eight games, the Detroit Lions decide to "also train him" to be the water boy. After his benching, head coach Jim Schwartz tells Ryan Nece "to suit up and get out there." Unfortunately, Ryan Nece takes coach literally and goes out on the field single-breasted jacket, dress shirt, cufflinks and all. This leads Schwartz to start what is left of Alex Lewis.

Middle Linebacker
"Slot" Overview: The Detroit Lions' failure to staff the middle linebacker position has been well-chronicled. Let's just say that the Lions threw a second-rounder at the problem last year and it still isn't fixed.

Candidates to miss the tackle, get up, chase down the ball carrier, and then miss the tackle again for your Detroit Lions:

Paris Lenon
I am getting really sick of writing about Paris Lenon. After making the obvious joke of pointing out that he shares the same first name with millionaire-daughter-turned-starlet Paris Hilton, what more is there to say? I wish the Detroit Lions would just cut Lenon and sign another slow, undersized linebacker who can't pick up a fumble just so I would have something new to talk about.

Empty Space
That's right, the only present competition with Paris Lenon for the middle linebacker position on the roster is an empty space. It's true, just check the depth chart. But don't be too quick to dismiss empty space. In honor of late Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, the Washington Redskins ran one play on defense where they started an empty space at safety, and Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson ran for a 22 yard gain. Consequently, holding an opponent to a 22 yard gain is actually an above-average play for the Detroit Lions defense.

After narrowly beating out empty space for the starting middle linebacker position, Paris Lenon plays surprisingly well on defense and scores a spot on a new reality show with Nicole Ritchie.

Cornerback
"Slot" Overview: The Detroit Lions have had cornerback problems ever since they jettisoned talented cornerback Dre Bly to the Denver Broncos for five false starts and a baggage thief--in other words, offensive tackle George Forster and running back Tatum Bell. Leigh Bodden was the best cornerback on the roster last year, but the Detroit Lions have let him go because his contract called for them to pay him the gross national product of the United Arab Emirates next year. It's too bad--early word was that Leigh was planning on buying his own jet and flying around like Richie Rich.

Candidates to give an eight yard cushion to Bobby Wade for your Detroit Lions:

Travis Fisher
Travis Fisher has an advantage of having played cornerback for another team before joining the Detroit Lions. Unfortunately, upon his acquisition, the good folks at Football Outsiders revealed that, based on their game charting project, Travis Fisher graded out as the worst cornerback in the league. Whoops. Suffice it to say that Travis Fisher has lived up to his billing in Detroit. He does get points for his dreadlocks, which as a result of he at least bears a superficial resemblance to actual NFL cornerback Rashean Mathis.

Dexter Wynn
Dexter Wynn only registered one tackle for the Detroit Lions last year. He was also the only "Wynn" that the Lions were able to acquire over the course of last season! Hardy har har. These awful 0-16 puns practically write themselves.

Chris Roberson
Who the heck is Chris Roberson? He doesn't even get a hyperlink on the Detroit Lions' roster, which is pretty sad because even Shemiah LeGrande and Dexter Wynn do ("Shemiah!"). All we know about poor Chris is that he is a cornerback, he's 5-11, he's 190 lbs, he's 25 years old, he has 3 years of experience (where, Starbucks?), and he proudly wears number 33, in apparent homage to Detroit Lions great Joey Harrington (the player so nice, I put his number on my jersey twice!). Chris also went to Eastern Michigan. It makes one wonder if he just sort of wandered from Ypsillanti to Allen Park one day and said "hey, can I play cornerback for you guys?" The Lions said "sure, are you 5-11? Are you 190 lbs? Are you 25 years old? Do you love Joey Harrington? OK, it looks like you've checked out, welcome to the team!"

In a surprising development, Travis Fisher gets burned by Ypsillanti phenom Chris Roberson who snags the starting spot. In an unsurprising development, Chris Roberson gets burned by every receiver in the NFC North.

"Other" Cornerback
"Slot" Overview: The "other" cornerback spot has been a rotating, annual, and mostly honorary position that typically goes to an elder statesman who is on the precipice of a catastrophic career decline. Congratulations, Brian Kelly, it was nice to have you here while you lasted.

Candidates to also give an eight yard cushion to Bobby Wade:

Keith Smith
Well, before last season, Keith Smith at least could have the distinction of being the "best K. Smith" on the team. Keith Smith was a small school project third round pick who is not really cut out to be anything more than a nickelback. Keith Smith avoids being released by changing his number every year so the coaches don't recognize him.

Stanley Wilson
Stanley Wilson is a stunning reproduction of Keith Smith. They're both third round picks, they're both around the same size, and they both have whiplash from turning around as opposing wide receivers whiz by.

Ramzee Robinson
Ramzee Robinson was the "Mr. Irrelevant" in the 2007 Draft and is arguably more "relevant" than the majority of Matt Millen's second day draft picks as he is at least still on the roster. Ramzee Robinson is also famous as a former member of the rap group Pimp Squad Clique, which makes him a pretty awesome human being. Ramzee, here's a rap for you about the Detroit Lions' defensive backs: we let receivers run / as much as they please / because there's more holes in the secondary than a slice of swiss cheese / when your wideouts line-up / we don't compete / we don't just give them a cushion, we give them a new set of sheets / we're not very fast / we're not a terror / becuase when it comes to coverage we're no Geraldo Rivera.

Jim Schwartz, in full use of his incredible intellect and in full realization that he can't win with his current roster, invents a time machine and brings back former Detroit Lions head coach Wayne Fontes to play cornerback.

Free Safety
"Slot" Overview: The cupboard has been bare for the safety position, like most every other position on the Detroit Lions, since the days of Bennie Blades and William White. Lions fans used to moan and complain about how bad the safeties were, but now that the rest of the team is so bad, it doesn't get much attention. Don't worry, though, the safeties on the Detroit Lions are still terrible.

Candidates to not make a touchdown saving tackle for your Detroit Lions:

Daniel Bullocks
The Detroit Lions drafted Daniel Bullocks high in the second round despite the fact that his identical twin brother Josh was already in the league and not very good. Daniel Bullocks has not been healthy for most of his career for the Detroit Lions, but when he has--well, does it make a difference, has the Detroit Lions' secondary ever been good since he was drafted? Daniel Bullocks also holds an interest in a company that was sued by disgraced former quarterback Michael Vick, which means that even quarterbacks who are in federal prison are getting shots in at Bullocks.

Stuart Schweigert
Continuing their winning "sign players cut by the Raiders" strategy, the Detroit Lions rounded out the safety position on their roster by signing Stuart Schweigert, who was also cut by both the Giants and the Redskins. In the same month.

The battle for the starting free safety spot is cut short when management commands Schwartz to start Bullocks in order to keep relevant the popular "Season Diary with S Daniel Bullocks" feature on the Detroit Lions web site.

Strong Safety
"Slot" Overview: Bad. Very bad. Did I mention that the Detroit Lions defense wasn't very good last year?

Candidates to cheat up past the line of scrimmage for your Detroit Lions:

Gerald Alexander
When Gerald Alexander was drafted in the second round in the 2007 Draft, many Lions fans were scratching their heads. "Wasn't this guy a late round prospect?" Lions fans asked. Well, said management, he had a really, really, really good game in the Fiesta Bowl. By golly, he tackled Adrian Peterson twice, which I'm sure has never happened before. We want players who play well in big games, because you know, as the Detroit Lions we play in a lot of big games." Gerald Alexander never returned to the starting line-up last year after a really, really, really bad game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Kalvin Pearson
Kalvin Pearson is the rare restricted free agent who could be signed without a draft pick as compensation. I guess you get what you pay for.

Gerald Alexander starts and relives his epic two tackle performance against Adrian Peterson during the first half of the Lions' season opener against the Vikings. Unfortunately, both tackles were made in the end zone 66 yards down field.

Conclusion
Well, after that, I'm more exhausted than Chuck Darby after a five minute jog. I hope the Detroit Lions play better next year, not just because I'm a fan of the team, but because I don't want to have to go through an examination of eight positions on the Detroit Lions' roster again next year. Eight! Eight out of eleven "slots" on the Detroit Lions where the opening day starter is relatively uncertain, and it's not like the remaining three starters: Ernie Sims, Cliff Avril, and DeWayne White are pro bowlers, either. Stay tuned for the offense, and here is a little bon mot to get you in the right frame of mind: [video of Dan Orlovsky stepping out of the end zone].

http://mevsmillen.blogspot.com

Last edited by Strawberries&Chocolat on April 11th, 2009, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 17th, 2009, 10:09 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm sorry, I just love reading your posts. This article is spot on with just how bad the defense really is. How many of these guys could really make another team, let alone start on another team? Out of the ones you mentioned probably none. However; I do believe that in the right defensive system, Keith Smith could be a very good player and one worth keeping around. I'm just glad that we have a coaching staff now that isn't married to a certain system and is intent on adjusting their own systems to fit the styles of our players. I feel like all there is left to do is put some key players in the right spots and we'll be a competitive team (giving it some time of course).

February 18th, 2009, 12:51 am
National Champion

I'm sorry, I just love reading your posts. This article is spot on with just how bad the defense really is. How many of these guys could really make another team, let alone start on another team? Out of the ones you mentioned probably none. However; I do believe that in the right defensive system, Keith Smith could be a very good player and one worth keeping around. I'm just glad that we have a coaching staff now that isn't married to a certain system and is intent on adjusting their own systems to fit the styles of our players. I feel like all there is left to do is put some key players in the right spots and we'll be a competitive team (giving it some time of course).

Thanks for reading and the good word. I agree that very few of these guys would be little more than camp guys on most teams. I may have been too hard on Keith Smith, but I would maintain that he's little more than a solid role player--not a starter.

This draft can definitely re-stock the team if done right. That defense is historically awful, and needs some real help.

February 19th, 2009, 11:51 pm
Junior Varsity

Im torn between lmmfao or crawling in bed and crying like a baby! What a great read, and as funny as it is, its all to real! Shakes me head at how realistic those comments are! cant wait to read another one! great job

February 20th, 2009, 1:54 pm
Profile YIM
National Champion

Im torn between lmmfao or crawling in bed and crying like a baby! What a great read, and as funny as it is, its all to real! Shakes me head at how realistic those comments are! cant wait to read another one! great job

Thanks, Feeding. Sorry that I made you hide under the bed with the monsters, though. I will wait a little while to do the offense, which should give you some time to recover (honestly, after that, I need time to recover too). While not as bleak, it is still a pretty dark outlook for the O. I think that the Lions might be the first team where there is no difference between best player available and drafting for need. When you need everything, it's easy to take BPA!

February 21st, 2009, 2:17 am
National Champion

I haven't tried anything funny for awhile. I noticed somebody changed the title of this thread. Hilarious! Hope you enjoy it:

Quote:
Revealed! the Secret Drills at Allen Park

It's March, and you know what that means--it's time for the top prospect in this year's NFL Draft to visit Allen Park. These visits are shrouded in secrecy, and all that the Detroit Lions leave for fans and observers are after-the-fact puff pieces on each visit posted on www.detroitlions.com. This year, the Lions have hosted a number of college stars who will don ill-fitting suits, hold up jerseys that they will never wear, and smile uncomfortably with comissioner Roger Goodell: for example, quarterback Matt Stafford, linebacker Aaron Curry, and offensive tackle Jason Smith.

Well, luckily, here at Me vs. Millen we have a crack super secret investigator private eye, complete with an inconspicuous hat and trenchcoat, who was able to avoid detection and has uncovered a number of the secrets surrounding the Detroit Lions' pre-draft visitation process. Take heart, Lions fans, our source informs us that the interviews are pointed cross-examinations under the heat of a single 60 watt light bulb, and the athletes are grilled with such probing questions such as "what's your favorite episode of Dawson's Creek?" and "if you could be any one of the care bears, which one would you be?"

Moreover, our source also informs us that the Detroit Lions are on the cutting edge of the pre-draft process by asking prospects to run through drills that they aren't asked to do anywhere else. Here are a few examples of the drills that today's top prospects participated in at Allen Park and nowhere else:

Matt Stafford, Georgia, QB
The 11-Step Drop from their own 1 Yard Line

Let's face it, it's pretty dangerous when you're backed up at the one yard line in the shadow of your own goal posts. At this position on the field, the Detroit Lions are in severe danger of giving up a costly safety if their quarterback is tackled in the end zone. The Detroit Lions have determined that in this situation the key is to run as far back from center as possible, in order to keep the quarterback safe from hungry pass rushers. Thus, Detroit Lions scientists have invented the 11 step drop specifically to address this particular game situation. And yes, it is a technique that "goes up to eleven."

The word out of Allen Park is that, excepting a play where he accidentally dropped back three steps and fired a 30 yard frozen rope to Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford performed admirably in this drill. As a result, the Detroit Lions brass feel that Stafford can develop to the extent that he could equal or surpass former quarterback Dan Orlovsky, who was widely considered to be a master of the technique.

Aaron Curry, Wake Forest, LB
The Fumble Kick

What's better than a clutch fumble recovery that could ice a game? Well, why not a fumble recovery that's five to eight yards closer to your opponent's end zone! Thus, the Detroit Lions have developed a secret technique called the "Fumble Kick." Basically the way that it works is that, when a player is all alone and poised to fall on a fumble, he should instead kick the ball to a teammate who is five to eight yards closer to the opponent's end zone, thus giving the offense much better field position. Let's be honest, when Daunte Culpepper is your starting quarterback, your offense needs all the help that it can get.

Of course, it was Paris Lenon who performed this technique expertly against the Dallas Cowboys. While this particular play did not result exactly as planned, Lenon did a great job of putting the defense in a position to get better field position on the fumble recovery. Our investigator tells us that Aaron Curry did a poor job on this drill, as he recovered the fumble each time the Detroit Lions ran the drill, despite instructions from the Detroit Lions coaching staff. Moreover, we also hear that Curry's performance has raised legitimate questions as to whether, if Curry is not able to grasp the simple concept behind the "fumble kick," he may similarly not be able to grasp the complexities of the Detroit Lions' "sit back in zone and miss the tackle" defense that they have been running the last couple of years.

Jason Smith, Baylor, OT and Eugene Monroe, Virginia, OT
The False Start Drill

Any Tom, Joe, or Mary can be taught to react to the quarterback hiking the ball. However, it is the true talent who has the anticipation to be able to drop back into their pass blocking stance exactly 0.5 seconds before the quarterback snaps the ball at every snap. Thus, the Detroit Lions, in hopes of finding such a talent, have devised "the False Start Drill" where the offensive tackle is asked to get back into his stance exactly 0.5 seconds before his quarterback snaps the ball. Offensive tackle George Foster is rumored to be the only NFL player considered an "elite" player at this particular maneuver.

Our source informs us that Jason Smith impressed the Detroit Lions by not only false starting off the snap, but also being exactly 0.5 seconds early on his footwork and his hand placement in pass blocking drills.

BONUS DRILL:
Martin Mayhew
The Blank Card Drill

Alright, this isn't exactly a drill for NFL Draft prospects, but our investgator tells us that William Clay Ford put Martin Mayhew through "the Blank Card Drill." This drill entails the owner handing the general manager candidate a blank card and a writing utensil. The general manager candidate succeeds in this drill if he returns the card with: a) the name of a college player, b) the college that that college player attends, and c) the words "wide receiver." We hear from Michael Crabtree's agent that Martin Mayhew passed with flying colors.

March 22nd, 2009, 12:35 am
NFL Team Captain

Bravo. Those were both great reads. I especially enjoyed the first one and found it very funny, but true in it's own sad way.

March 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am
National Champion

the "fumble Kick" drill.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

that there is instant classic.. well done.

March 23rd, 2009, 11:52 am
RIP Killer

According to that article, it is the QUARTERBACK who SNAPS the ball!!

And all this time we've been using an offensive lineman. DOOOHH!!

So, in fact, Dominic Raiola is not our center, but is actually our quarterback.

Hence, this is why our quarterbacks have failed.....they have been taking the snaps rather than actually doing the snapping themselves.

Problem solved: LET DOMINIC RAIOLA PLAY QUARTERBACK AND PUT CULPEPPER OVER THE BALL ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

They are both the same size....Raiola probably has just as good if not better mobility, and he can still make the line calls......

BRILLIANT!!

March 23rd, 2009, 2:06 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I like it. I wonder if being in the Allen Park facility will breed this in the newest draft picks of the Lions. It very well could...

March 23rd, 2009, 9:21 pm
National Champion

I HAVE FOUND OUR PROBLEM!!

According to that article, it is the QUARTERBACK who SNAPS the ball!!

And all this time we've been using an offensive lineman. DOOOHH!!

So, in fact, Dominic Raiola is not our center, but is actually our quarterback.

Hence, this is why our quarterbacks have failed.....they have been taking the snaps rather than actually doing the snapping themselves.

Problem solved: LET DOMINIC RAIOLA PLAY QUARTERBACK AND PUT CULPEPPER OVER THE BALL ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

They are both the same size....Raiola probably has just as good if not better mobility, and he can still make the line calls......

BRILLIANT!!

Ha ha. I guess typo's sneak in when you're blogging at quarter to midnight. Although you may have struck gold with your theory about Raiola... he couldn't be any worse than Joey Harrington, right?

March 24th, 2009, 12:09 am
National Champion

I know that I haven't posted updates from my blog for awhile, but there is a lot of new stuff over there if anybody's interested, including a piece on projecting the draft's 4-3 DE's/3-4 OLB's. It's right here: Goodbye, Ladies

I am also still doing the "Me vs. Moron of the Millenium" thing except it's now "Me vs. Mayhew," I suppose. I already have my first overall pick up, which I think might not be everybody here's #1 pick is something most would be more willing to live with moreso than Stafford.

Anyway, happy draft day everyone! We have four more premium selections left and it's going to be fascinating to see how they fall. Go Lions! :idea:

April 25th, 2009, 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]