View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How would you feel about this trade? 

Were you the Lions GM, do you accept a trade offer from the Eagles offering #31(1st round), #35 (2nd round)and #97 (3rd round) for our #10 (1st round) and #185 (6th round)?
yes 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
no 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
depends on who is available with the 10th pick 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 24

How would you feel about this trade? 
RIP Killer

Post How would you feel about this trade?
I think this would be a decent trade thought. Five picks within the first 100?

April 18th, 2005, 12:05 pm
RIP Killer

Who would Philly really, really, really want at #10 that could possibly be available? DJ, Williamson, Merriman, Spears?

With 31 and 35, Lions could possibly get:

One of the 3 best OTs (Barron, Brown, Barnes)
One of the DEs that figures to fall (Dan Cody, Matt Roth)
A solid CB (Marlin Jackson, Justin Miller, Fabian Washington)
A WR (Roddy White, Matt Jones)

April 18th, 2005, 12:07 pm
RIP Killer

Call 'em up Mike!

Who would Philly really, really, really want at #10 that could possibly be available? DJ, Williamson, Merriman, Spears?

With 31 and 35, Lions could possibly get:

One of the 3 best OTs (Barron, Brown, Barnes)
One of the DEs that figures to fall (Dan Cody, Matt Roth)
A solid CB (Marlin Jackson, Justin Miller, Fabian Washington)
A WR (Roddy White, Matt Jones)

I think Philly would be VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY interested in moving up to obtain WR Troy Williamson. Given the current issues they are having with Owens and their wanting to let Freddie 'the Freeloader' Mitchell fly the nest, I think they would be willing to package these three of their seemingly 400 picks in this draft to get him. They could conceivable package their first three picks overall to move up and try to get Miami to bite for the second pick overall to take Edwards. The points on the chart wouldn't add up, but Miami could sure use the additional picks this year.

I have a strong feeling Philly will be packaging picks to move up. Just depends on how far they want to move up. They could opt to move up to get Merriman or DJ as well, but I think their biggest need under the circumstances is to land a wideout of quality.

April 18th, 2005, 1:15 pm
Varsity Captain

I agree m2k with TOs situation, freddie mitchel and todd pinkston as there other wideouts they really need help. If they can settle the situation with TO there is no doubt in my mind they are praying for a chance to grab a top tier wideout to complement TO and Greg Lewis. That trade would be interesting, very interesting if M. Williams were to fall to ten somehow. With Williamson and Williams available alot of teams would be calling the lions.

April 18th, 2005, 1:50 pm
Hall of Fame Player

With all those picks we would have enough firepower to move back up to the 18-22 range in the first round if we wanted to. And STILL have a 2nd round and two 3rd round picks (possibly even the other way around).

That would be to good a deal to pass up. The only way I think twice about it is if DJ is sitting there at the # 10 spot. But this would be hard to turn down.

My question is: Did you just make this up or is it a rumor? (If it wasn't a rumor it is now).

April 18th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That would be pretty damn hot IMO. It would however depend on who was on the board but seems like a good deal.

April 18th, 2005, 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Yes, I would take that deal.

With all those picks we would have enough firepower to move back up to the 18-22 range in the first round if we wanted to. And STILL have a 2nd round and two 3rd round picks (possibly even the other way around).

That would be to good a deal to pass up. The only way I think twice about it is if DJ is sitting there at the # 10 spot. But this would be hard to turn down.

My question is: Did you just make this up or is it a rumor? (If it wasn't a rumor it is now).

Actually a little of both, LF57. I have heard rampant rumours that the Eagles would very much like to package some picks and move up. Just how far they are wanting to move up is the question. Some figure them to move around 15-18 by packaging their #31, #63 and a late round pick. But I can imagine that if I'm Andy Reid I start packaging picks because the team really doesn't need to add numbers as much as quality in specific areas. Just seems logical to me.

April 18th, 2005, 2:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would love the deal if DJ isn't on the board, but I can't see someone giving up so much.

April 18th, 2005, 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I take that back, it works in the Eagles favor on the vaule chart.

Philly
600+550+112

Det
1300+17.4

April 18th, 2005, 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think the Lions would end up "smelling like a rose" though, with the chance to draft any two solid players who could be immediate starters (slot receiver, LB, OT).

April 18th, 2005, 3:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I think the Lions would end up "smelling like a rose" though, with the chance to draft any two solid players who could be immediate starters (slot receiver, LB, OT).

I agree. We would have starters and a deeper bench in a hurry.

April 18th, 2005, 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

I had Philly in the mock and I REALLY liked having those two picks so near one another. I thought there was very good value there. I picked up Dan Cody and Rhoddy White. Not that it will likely play out but there will be some nice value there I am sure.

April 18th, 2005, 3:54 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: Definitely an interesting idea Mike. It would depend on who is sitting there at 10 and I wouldn't throw in the 6th rounder either.
:arrow:

April 18th, 2005, 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

I take that back, it works in the Eagles favor on the vaule chart.

Philly
600+550+112

Det
1300+17.4

It depends on which value chart you work with. I include comp picks in the value chart I developed. Even though teams can't trade those picks, they still account for a player of value removed, so I give them point values. In the chart I have, the points are pretty much equal.

April 18th, 2005, 9:15 pm
Stats Boy

if derrick johnson is there at 10, i would be pissed. but if johnson is gone, sure why not.

April 19th, 2005, 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next