View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 11:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Speculate. Who slides to us at #3a. 
National Champion

February 23rd, 2009, 10:48 pm
Stadium Announcer

I'd like to see Freeman slide to the lions there. He looked impressive and one announcer compared him to Daunte (minus the fumbles hopefully)

February 24th, 2009, 3:39 am
Hall of Fame Player

I see you added more to your post.

Quote:
And I am referring specifically to players that are hard set as 1st or 2nd round players in most projections that will fall to the beginning of the 3rd round.

Now if a player is "hard set" as 1st or 2nd round players. They are going to go in the first or second round. As we move deeper into the draft obviously it's harder to project where a player will fall... so you get these ranges.

You've got a conundrum here. You want to know of any player who you know will go in the first or second round who will be available in the third? Help me out here. Your excercise begs for 'range' type projecting, but you won't permit it?

You are just being difficult here for fun right? I know you aren't really this dumb. I am talking about the guy/guys that no-one in the least bit, expects to see in the 3rd round, slide to the 3rd round. It happens to 1 or 2 guys every single year. Who is it going to be this year?
Does that help you? I'm not asking for the meaning of life here. Just your best guess of 1-3 guys, that would shock the hell out of you if the did, but you think could possibly tumble to the 1st pick of day 2.

February 27th, 2009, 5:41 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I thought you meant third pick. (33). Until I realized it was third round.

But at round three? None of those guys will be available.

Michael Johnson can slip, but he had way to good of a combine for someone not to take him in the first two rounds.

In third round.

Marcus Freeman
Cody Brown
Gerald McRath
Coye Francies
Macho Harris
Captain Munnerlyn
Duke Robinson
Kraig Urbik
Patrick Chung
Jamon Meredith
Fenuki Tupou
Rashad Johnson
Chip Vaughn
Michael Hamlin
Jared Cook
Cornelius Ingram
Rashad Jennings
Pat White
Max Unger
Juaquin Iglesias
Mohammed Massaquoi
Brian Robiskie
Derrick Williams
Josh Freeman

Nice list HB, I think if Freeman slides this far it's because the two in front of him slide as well. Which by the way I expect to happen. I don't see Robiskie or Unger falling this far. It would be intriguing to see Ingram and Cook still there at the start of the 3rd, as I would like to have an athletic TE on our team or for the trade down possibilities it could bring. Do you really think Duke Robinson could fall to the 3rd? As I previously mentioned "trade down possibilities". That is the beauty of having the first pick on day two as opposed to having the first pick on day one.

February 27th, 2009, 7:45 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The two I think have the a shot at taking the big slide from where they were being projected are Josh Freeman and Michael Johnson. They could easily become perennial pro bowlers but even if they were still there in the 3rd round I'd pass on them. Johnson is that one trick pony DE that I always talk about. The DE that was more physically gifted than the guy he was lined up against and simply got by on his natural ability and never developed as a football player. Those guys are the ones that get the hype and get eaten up in the NFL by the stronger, faster, and smarter OTs they have to face every week.

Freeman has the physical tools but I'm not sure if he has it upstairs. From the limited games that I did see of him this year he was making really poor decisions. In the NFL he's going to be facing defenses that are more complex than those Big XII defenses that barely showed up this season. I'd rather they waited and used a later pick on a developmental QB like Painter or McGee.

February 27th, 2009, 7:56 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

The two I think have the a shot at taking the big slide from where they were being projected are Josh Freeman and Michael Johnson. They could easily become perennial pro bowlers but even if they were still there in the 3rd round I'd pass on them. Johnson is that one trick pony DE that I always talk about. The DE that was more physically gifted than the guy he was lined up against and simply got by on his natural ability and never developed as a football player. Those guys are the ones that get the hype and get eaten up in the NFL by the stronger, faster, and smarter OTs they have to face every week.

Freeman has the physical tools but I'm not sure if he has it upstairs. From the limited games that I did see of him this year he was making really poor decisions. In the NFL he's going to be facing defenses that are more complex than those Big XII defenses that barely showed up this season. I'd rather they waited and used a later pick on a developmental QB like Painter or McGee.

We already have a guy like Johnson,(Alama-Francis) and don't need two.

February 27th, 2009, 8:13 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Obviously you didn't read the post saying I wouldn't want him. As for the comparison between him and Alama- Francis they aren't even close. One is a DE/OLB hybrid and the other is a DE/DT hybrid.

February 27th, 2009, 8:23 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Obviously you didn't read the post saying I wouldn't want him. As for the comparison between him and Alama- Francis they aren't even close. One is a DE/OLB hybrid and the other is a DE/DT hybrid.

Yes, I was agreeing with you. I just made the referance to Alama-Francis because he is a highly athletic DE, but never showes up on game day. A guy who was drafted on potential.

February 27th, 2009, 8:39 pm
NFL Veteran

Honolulu_Blue wrote:
I thought you meant third pick. (33). Until I realized it was third round.

But at round three? None of those guys will be available.

Michael Johnson can slip, but he had way to good of a combine for someone not to take him in the first two rounds.

In third round.

Marcus Freeman
Cody Brown
Gerald McRath
Coye Francies
Macho Harris
Captain Munnerlyn
Duke Robinson
Kraig Urbik
Patrick Chung
Jamon Meredith
Fenuki Tupou
Rashad Johnson
Chip Vaughn
Michael Hamlin
Jared Cook
Cornelius Ingram
Rashad Jennings
Pat White
Max Unger
Juaquin Iglesias
Mohammed Massaquoi
Brian Robiskie
Derrick Williams
Josh Freeman

Nice list HB, I think if Freeman slides this far it's because the two in front of him slide as well. Which by the way I expect to happen. I don't see Robiskie or Unger falling this far. It would be intriguing to see Ingram and Cook still there at the start of the 3rd, as I would like to have an athletic TE on our team or for the trade down possibilities it could bring. Do you really think Duke Robinson could fall to the 3rd? As I previously mentioned "trade down possibilities". That is the beauty of having the first pick on day two as opposed to having the first pick on day one.

Duke isn't particularly highly rated relative to other classes. But he's the best pure guard. Examining team needs, there are a lot of teams that need a good guard so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd round. Still the strength of the tackle and center class can push Duke down. There are guys like Unger, Mack and Wood who can also play guard. And guys like Jamon Meridith, Michael Oher, Andre Smith, Loadholdt who they can either play guard for now before making the swtich to tackle, or some may even permanently stay there.

I would hate to take Freeman in rounds one or two, but at our second pick in the third round, now there's an opportunity to take him with minimal risk. Then take him, develop him for not 1 year, but two years ala Matt Cassel/Aaron Rogers. You are right about how he will fall if the other QB's fall, and the lions can contribute to that by passing on Stafford and Sanchez. If he doesn't fall, oh well, I couldn't care less. He's not a guy I absolutely want on the team. Inaccurate/inconsistent QB's don't all of a sudden become accurate in the NFL.

February 27th, 2009, 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Marcus Freeman (Round 2-3)
Cody Brown (Round 2-3)
Gerald McRath (Round 2-3)
Coye Francies (Round 2)
Macho Harris (Round 2-3)
Captain Munnerlyn (Round 3)
Duke Robinson (Round 2)
Kraig Urbik (Round 2)
Patrick Chung (Round 2)
Jamon Meredith (Round 2)
Fenuki Tupou (Round 2-3)
Rashad Johnson (Round 3)
Chip Vaughn (Round 2-4)
Michael Hamlin (Round 2)
Jared Cook (Round 2-3)
Cornelius Ingram (Round 2)
Rashad Jennings (Round 2)
Pat White (Round 2-3)
Max Unger (Round 2)
Juaquin Iglesias (Round 2-3)
Mohammed Massaquoi (Round 2-3)
Brian Robiskie (Round (2-3)
Derrick Williams (Round 2-3)
Josh Freeman (Round 1-2)

The players I have highlighted above have first round possibilities, and will definitely be gone in round two. The remaining players HB has listed may go round two, but could fall to us at #65. The one I would want? Even if we take Curry, I'd want Gerald McRath. Coye Francies didn't have a great Combine, but he was great on the field during the Senior Bowl, so I like him as well. Jared Cook would be intriguing as a TE that can spread the field. Kraig Urbik wouldn't be a bad pick either.

February 27th, 2009, 11:33 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Oh really?

Marcus Freeman (Round 2-3)
Cody Brown (Round 2-3)
Gerald McRath (Round 2-3)
Coye Francies (Round 2)
Macho Harris (Round 2-3)
Captain Munnerlyn (Round 3)
Duke Robinson (Round 2)
Kraig Urbik (Round 2)
Patrick Chung (Round 2)
Jamon Meredith (Round 2)
Fenuki Tupou (Round 2-3)
Rashad Johnson (Round 3)
Chip Vaughn (Round 2-4)
Michael Hamlin (Round 2)
Jared Cook (Round 2-3)
Cornelius Ingram (Round 2)
Rashad Jennings (Round 2)
Pat White (Round 2-3)
Max Unger (Round 2)
Juaquin Iglesias (Round 2-3)
Mohammed Massaquoi (Round 2-3)
Brian Robiskie (Round (2-3)
Derrick Williams (Round 2-3)
Josh Freeman (Round 1-2)

These are the players I would be considering if they made it to that spot.

February 28th, 2009, 7:50 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

If Duke Robinson is still there in the 3rd Round that would be MONEY! I would love to have a road grader, one of the best OG's in the draft. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. Max Unger is an interesting thought though.

March 3rd, 2009, 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2