View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 11:45 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I want Curry #1 
Team MVP

Post I want Curry #1
The reasons are SOOO obvious.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 25th, 2009, 1:40 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Can he be a difference maker? I still understand the thought process that if another position such as QB turns out to be above average, they would have more impact... but Curry is a beast!

February 25th, 2009, 2:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: I want Curry #1
kdsberman wrote:
The reasons are SOOO obvious.

I believe you can troll around LionBacker and find that I have been wanting this guy to be our #1 pick for some time now.

So... I am with ya brotha!

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 25th, 2009, 2:45 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Quote:
Add me with Ernie Sims, and maybe we could make some big plays

yes please

February 25th, 2009, 2:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That's what I am saying... Curry and Sims back at LB for us!!!

:arrow:

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 25th, 2009, 2:51 pm
Team MVP

Like i said, the reasons are SOOO obvious!! Curry IS a beast! I have a huge feeling that if we dont take him, we will be making the biggest mistake since drafting Mike Williams. Team him up with Sims and that will immediatly make our defense better. He has no off the field issues. Hes a hard worker. Hes very fast for his size...and speaking of size, hes got great size. Please Detroit, take this guy!!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 25th, 2009, 2:57 pm
Heisman Winner

"Curry is a beast" hmmm... I feel like I've heard that before.....LOL

Anyways, I totally agree with the Curry pick, but anyone thinking that Sims is all of sudden going to be a good LB because of Curry's addition is dreaming. He can't shed tacklers, can't cover and over pursues plays. You could add Lawrence Taylor in his coked out prime and you won't fix Sim's issues. He plays small and get's handled because of it.

You guys are in love with his motor, persona, and draft status. The truth is, he's not that good.

February 25th, 2009, 3:19 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Curry alone won't improve Sims. Getting a DT to take up space will. Sims led the team in tackles his rookie season( i believe), yet degressed last year without Big Baby. Even Ray Lewis struggled when he lost his Big men upfront.

February 25th, 2009, 3:23 pm
Team MVP

February 25th, 2009, 3:31 pm
RIP Killer

You cant say Sims is bad though.

Exactly...

February 25th, 2009, 3:35 pm
Heisman Winner

Why not? Can you tell me what he does good? He hustles and is a quality person. That doesn't make him a good player.

Can he get better? Sure, he's still young enough to improve but that would get him up to average status IMO. He's never going to live up to his draft status or excel enough be anything more than that.

Serviceable is all I can say.

February 25th, 2009, 3:41 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

Why not? Can you tell me what he does good? He hustles and is a quality person. That doesn't make him a good player.

Can he get better? Sure, he's still young enough to improve but that would get him up to average status IMO. He's never going to live up to his draft status or excel enough be anything more than that.

So you agree... average is neither bad nor good. So you don't think someone can call him bad either.

Curry would elevate the players around him I feel. Although we would still be in need of another big DT.

February 25th, 2009, 3:44 pm
Team MVP

yostevo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

So you agree... average is neither bad nor good. So you don't think someone can call him bad either.

Curry would elevate the players around him I feel. Although we would still be in need of another big DT.

I agree. I think we do need a big DT, but Curry sure is a VERY good way to start.

February 25th, 2009, 3:47 pm
Heisman Winner

yostevo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

If you read a little more carefully, I said if he was able to improve, he'd be average which is neither good nor bad. Right now, all things considered, Sims is not average which makes him bad. Especially when you consider he was a top ten pick.

February 25th, 2009, 3:49 pm
RIP Killer

OK, not the thread to discuss Sims... but I would be content to argue.

February 25th, 2009, 3:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next