View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Raji tests positive at the Combine 
RIP Killer

Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Remember CJ admitted trying marijuana.

CJ admitted trying MJ (i believe once) at some point in his Life (Can't rem if it was HS or College years).

Raji failed a drug test AT THE COMBINE. meaning recent use most likely.

Even if it is only MJ , your back to "What kind of decisions does this player make", the same type of questions people have about Andre Smith.

As I recall, CJ may have said he tried Marijuana, but he actually tested positive for it at the Combines as well. So much for "trying" it, unless he was doing it on a long term trial basis.

I think CJs fall from grace is indicative of what could happen if you draft a guy like this too high.

That said, I don't see Raji falling out of the top 15, if he tested positive for weed. If it's something else....then it depends on the seriousness.

April 3rd, 2009, 12:24 pm
National Champion

Report: Two prospects test positive for steroids, four for marijuana
Posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com April 03, 2009 11:20AM
Categories: Draft, Rumors
In the wake of Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji testing positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine, there've been a couple other revelations, according to NFLDraftBible.com.

The website claims that two Southern California linebackers – Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing – tested positive for steroids.

Furthermore, like Raji, NFLDraftBible.com reports that two other players – Illinois cornerback Vontae Davis and Florida receiver Percy Harvin– tested positive for too much puff-puff and not enough give.

UTEP kicker Jose Martinez failed the drug test for marijuana, also, according to another entry from the site.

April 3rd, 2009, 1:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
In the wake of Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji testing positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine, there've been a couple other revelations, according to NFLDraftBible.com.

The website claims that two Southern California linebackers – Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing – tested positive for steroids.

Furthermore, like Raji, NFLDraftBible.com reports that two other players – Illinois cornerback Vontae Davis and Florida receiver Percy Harvin– tested positive for too much puff-puff and not enough give.

UTEP kicker Jose Martinez failed the drug test for marijuana, also, according to another entry from the site.

Wow!

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 3rd, 2009, 2:00 pm
National Champion

So what happens to the USC LB's now and how far do they fall? I'd say that becomes the real question.

April 3rd, 2009, 2:00 pm
RIP Killer

So what happens to the USC LB's now and how far do they fall? I'd say that becomes the real question.

Given this information I think someone (the NCAA) had BETTER start investigating that school for possible violations in the past few years.

I can understand how Cushing get steroids in his system, given his injury history. It's not unlikely that it was taken as part of a treatment. Still a violation, but it can be understood. I'm not sure Matthews was injured, but it would explain how he put on 40 lbs of muscle in two years.

As for the players who get caught for the weed, I wouldn't touch them. Raji has made a case for his own stupidity, what with his previous academic issues, and now this. Vontae Davis has likewise had some personality issues that were clouding his draft stock, and now he does this.

I mean, how STUPID can you be to smoke some weed before the Combines, where you KNOW you'll be tested.

Another case of some idiots who think the rules don't apply to them.

Anyone know how long steroids stay in the body after they are taken?

April 3rd, 2009, 2:15 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

April 3rd, 2009, 2:27 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't know if these reports have been found to be true, but it wouldn't surprise me about the steroid users. These guys came out of nowhere to become first round picks. Clay Matthews was a walk-on for crying out loud! This makes me detest USC even more.

As for the weed guys, come on man! Dumb. But whoever said "they think the rules don't apply to them" is only half right. Just because they tested positive for weed won't stop them from getting an NFL job. Will they lose some money, sure, but going from $14 million to $8 million isn't like going to the poor house. These guys will make more money then I ever will, so really they don't have too many worries.

April 3rd, 2009, 2:57 pm
Modmin Dude

Report of Matthews Drug Test Refuted
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 2:19 p.m. EDT
In response to NFLDraftBible.com’s report that USC linebacker Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, the agent that represents Matthews has issued an e-mail addressing the situation.

In an e-mail sent to Rick Serritella at NFLDraftBible.com, Athletes First vice president and general counsel Mark Humenik stated that neither Matthews or his agents have been informed of any failed drug test. Plus, he added that a lawyer for the league office told him that the NFL hasn’t received notification that any players have tested positive for steroids at the combine.

NFLDraftBible.com also reported that USC linebacker Brian Cushing has tested positive for steroids.

Here’s an unabridged copy of the note addressed to NFLDraftBible.com, which is the web site that reported on Matthews and several other players’ allegedly positive tests:

“Our office represents Clay Matthews. Your website is reporting, via unnamed sources including one NFL team, that Clay tested positive for steroids at the NFL Combine. As I’m sure you know, the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances clearly states that ‘any Club or Club employee that publicly divulges, directly or indirectly, information concerning positive tests or other violations of this Policy (including numerical summaries or specific names of persons) or otherwise breaches the confidentiality provisions of this Policy is subject to a fine of up to $500,000 by the Commissioner.’

“Further, neither Clay nor our office has received notification of any positive test, whether for steroids or any banned substance. I also have been informed by an attorney at the NFL League Office that they have not received notification from the Independent Administrator of any Draft-eligible players testing positive for steroids during the pre-employment drug testing conducted at this year’s Combine, and likewise, that they have not informed the member NFL clubs of any drug testing results. Govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely, Mark Humenik Vice President & General Counsel Athletes First”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/ ... t-refuted/

April 3rd, 2009, 4:49 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Anyone know how long steroids stay in the body after they are taken?

Depends on which steroid the person takes.

Some can stay in your system for over a year. Others less than a week.

April 3rd, 2009, 7:24 pm
NFL Veteran

DJ-B wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:

CJ admitted trying MJ (i believe once) at some point in his Life (Can't rem if it was HS or College years).

Even if it is only MJ , your back to "What kind of decisions does this player make", the same type of questions people have about Andre Smith.

As I recall, CJ may have said he tried Marijuana, but he actually tested positive for it at the Combines as well. So much for "trying" it, unless he was doing it on a long term trial basis.

I think CJs fall from grace is indicative of what could happen if you draft a guy like this too high.

That said, I don't see Raji falling out of the top 15, if he tested positive for weed. If it's something else....then it depends on the seriousness.

CJ? Calvin Johnson? Fall from grace? He's still a premier receiver in my book.

April 3rd, 2009, 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

faulkn22 wrote:
Quote:

Wow!

Thats to bad about Davis. I was really hoping he would go 20 or 33 for the lions. No more Smoky McRogers for this team. What idiots!!! :?

April 3rd, 2009, 8:13 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:

CJ? Calvin Johnson? Fall from grace? He's still a premier receiver in my book.

Sorry, I was talking about CRog...he said he "tried" Marijuana, but we all know that was a joke.

Jet lag....taking it's toll today....

April 3rd, 2009, 9:43 pm
QB Coach

As Many As 25 Names To Appear On Combine Positive Drug Test List?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2009, 11:00 p.m.

At a time when plenty of attention is being paid to reports regarding a handful of players who supposedly tested positive for marijuana or steroids at the Scouting Combine, a league source tells us that some teams are bracing for an extremely large number of positive tests to appear on the final list that the teams soon will receive.

The source speculated that the number of names could be as high as 25.

The reason for the feared spike in positive tests isn’t known. The source predicts that most of the positive tests will arise from marijuana use.

And the source explained that the teams generally don’t care if a guy smokes pot. They only care if the player could end up being suspended, since that’s the kind of thing that can get the folks who draft or sign such players fired.

Indeed, the source estimated that half of the players on the source’s team smoke pot.

Only half? What a bunch of prudes.

April 4th, 2009, 9:29 am
National Champion

It doesn't suprise me at all. I know medical doctors, lawyers, professors, lab technicians, and dentists that admit to smoking it, too.

A lot of people are pretty naive when it comes to marijuana; whether its the stigma they have about it, or how many people they think use it.

I think all the stigma with it is rediculous considering we allow alcohol and tobacco, but that's not what is important here. That's a completely different subject which is going to be debated in different state governments here in the near future.

That being said, when you are 100% pure that you are going to be tested and you still smoke it... That says that you don't care enough to not use for a few months, that you aren't smart enough to know better, that you aren't smart enough to use synthetics , or that you think you're the best thing on the planet and that it won't matter. Any of those things are not good things.

April 4th, 2009, 10:09 am
Varsity Captain

It doesn't suprise me at all. I know medical doctors, lawyers, professors, lab technicians, and dentists that admit to smoking it, too.

A lot of people are pretty naive when it comes to marijuana; whether its the stigma they have about it, or how many people they think use it.

I think all the stigma with it is rediculous considering we allow alcohol and tobacco, but that's not what is important here. That's a completely different subject which is going to be debated in different state governments here in the near future.

That being said, when you are 100% pure that you are going to be tested and you still smoke it... That says that you don't care enough to not use for a few months, that you aren't smart enough to know better, that you aren't smart enough to use synthetics , or that you think you're the best thing on the planet and that it won't matter. Any of those things are not good things.

If he knew he was going to be tested.. yeah..

But as far as weed goes there is nothing wrong with it. I've never smoked it and I'm all for its legalization. Alcohol is far worse, and less profitable for drug cartels/gangs.

April 5th, 2009, 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next