View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Chat with Stafford at Sports Nation 
National Champion

Post Chat with Stafford at Sports Nation
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-1 ... fford.html

If you are one of his backers and want to chat him up or if you are a nay-sayer and want to ask him a tough question, follow that link and try it out.

April 16th, 2009, 3:00 pm
Modmin Dude

Do you really want to play for Detroit?
Did you really tell your friends your contract was a "Done Deal"? If so, why?

Neither will be addressed, but at least I feel special! LOL :lol:

April 16th, 2009, 3:28 pm
RIP Killer

April 16th, 2009, 3:38 pm
Modmin Dude

These questions are weak...

LOL And just what did you ask him??? :wink:

Someone asked him what the worst job he had was :rolleyes:

April 16th, 2009, 3:44 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
Buzzmaster: (3:23 PM ET ) Matthew Stafford will be here shortly! Send in those questions.

Buzzmaster: (3:28 PM ET ) We've got Matthew!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh (Port Washington, NY): What is the most bizarre question an NFL team has asked you in an interview?

Matthew Stafford: (3:29 PM ET ) There really hasn't been that many bizarre questions. It's not as weird as people make it out to be to tell you the truth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian (Douglas, Georgia): As a Dawg fan I sure will miss the dynamic play of you and Moreno. Do you pay any attention to all the mock drafts and commentary concerning your projected position in the draft? Good luck in the NFL the Dawg Nation will miss you.

Matthew Stafford: (3:30 PM ET ) You try to ignore it as much as you can. The guys doing the mock drafts aren't the guys making the picks for the teams.

Gerald (Chicago): what do you think separates you from the other QBs in the draft?

Matthew Stafford: (3:30 PM ET ) I think experience. Playmaking ability are probably the two things.

Hank (Miami): How is it to have your first endorsement with Sprint already and you haven't been drafted yet?

Matthew Stafford: (3:31 PM ET ) It's awesome. It's working out great and it's a lot of fun.

Jon (Atlanta, GA): How are you going to adjust from an environment of 80+ degree weather and 15,000+ coeds dressed in sundresses to Detroit?

Matthew Stafford: (3:31 PM ET ) Well, Detroit has a dome, so it shouldn't be too cold, hopefully.

Brody(Iowa): What is your favorite hobby outside of football?

Matthew Stafford: (3:31 PM ET ) Playing golf.

Travis, Austin TX: Matt - How much did it hurt losing to Georgia Tech this year?

Matthew Stafford: (3:32 PM ET ) It was tough. It wasn't fun.

Alex(Detroit, MI): Matthew, Will it be weird to be throwing to a Yellow Jacket if you get drafted by Detroit? How fun will it be to throw to Calvin Johnson?

Matthew Stafford: (3:32 PM ET ) It will be awesome. I don't think it will be weird at all. It will be a lot of fun. He's an outstanding player.

Zach (Newport News, Virginia): what are you going to miss most about college football?

Matthew Stafford: (3:33 PM ET ) Just some of the relationships I had with some of my teammates. A lot of the guys I played with will still be playing .I'll miss that the most.

Barron Detroit MI: With Detroit Allowing a league High 55 sacks. Do you think you will be able to get the necessary time to complete the passes needed.

Matthew Stafford: (3:33 PM ET ) I think so. I think that starts with the running game. The Lions were down so much that they had to throw the ball. That gave the defense a chance to get to the QB. You have to stay ahead as much as you can.

Mink (GA): What's your handicap?

Matthew Stafford: (3:34 PM ET ) I'm a 10-12.

Drew (Buffalo): Did you accomplish everything you intended to in college?

Matthew Stafford: (3:34 PM ET ) Obviously everyone that plays college football wants to win a national championship and a Heisman Trophy, but not everyone can. I had a good time playing in looking back on it.

Steve (NY): Who was the the biggest trash-talker you faced in college football?

Matthew Stafford: (3:35 PM ET ) Brandon Spikes from Florida.

Jordan (Slinger, WI): What's the most unique thing about yourself, for those who don't know you?

Matthew Stafford: (3:35 PM ET ) I have no idea.

Jon (Green Bay,Wisconsin): When you visited the Lions did you get to meet any of the players?

Matthew Stafford: (3:36 PM ET ) When I went, it was before most of the players were there. I ran into one of the TEs, but I really just went there to meet the coaches and front office.

Aaron (Washington, D.C.) : what are you going to do with your first NFL paycheck?

Matthew Stafford: (3:37 PM ET ) Hopefully put most of it away. Buy a house for my mom to live in.

Henry (Buffalo): what are you doing with Sprint?

Matthew Stafford: (3:38 PM ET ) I am working with them doing a blog on Sprint.com and working with their NFL Mobile Live. It's live streaming draft coverage exclusive to Sprint users.

Gary (Atlanta, GA): How far can you actually throw the ball?

Matthew Stafford: (3:38 PM ET ) At the combine, I threw 80 yards, that's the furthest I've ever thrown it.

Daniel (Atlanta Ga): how disappointed would you be if you were not drafted first overall.

Matthew Stafford: (3:38 PM ET ) It would be a little bit disappointing, but I 'm going to make the best out of any situation I go to.

Nick (Detroit, Michigan): Leaving college a year early is a big decision. What caused you to go that route rather than staying one more year?

Matthew Stafford: (3:39 PM ET ) I just felt that I was ready, maturity wise and my game. I just felt it was the right time for me.

Marc -- NJ: What's the worst job you have ever had?

Matthew Stafford: (3:40 PM ET ) I have to think about this because I've had some bad ones....I mowed lawns for one summer and it was really really hot.

Bob (Detroit): Hey Matt give the people some encouragement tell us why you would save our franchise!

Matthew Stafford: (3:41 PM ET ) It's going to be a guy that steps in and brings a winning attitude and won some college football games. With a new staff and other guys coming in, we'll bring a winning attitude.

Matthew (Detroit, MI): Sanchez always says he's the best, what do you say to that?

Matthew Stafford: (3:42 PM ET ) I say he's crazy. And I'm the best. And I stuck my tongue out at him....just kidding.

Chris (Dallas): What team/person are you most looking forward to playing in the NFL.

Matthew Stafford: (3:42 PM ET ) Probably Peyton Manning. Just because he's so great and to watch him and beat him if I get the chance.

Matthew Stafford: (3:43 PM ET ) Thanks for the time. I hope you had fun.

April 16th, 2009, 3:45 pm
RIP Killer

Why with all your hot or not style of play your senior year do you think you can revive a historically awful football franchise into a legitimate Superbowl competitor that requires a solid consistent starter at QB?

That is in your face.

April 16th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Modmin Dude

I asked him:

Why with all your hot or not style of play your senior year do you think you can revive a historically awful football franchise into a legitimate Superbowl competitor that requires a solid consistent starter at QB?

That is in your face.

And it didn't get answered either

April 16th, 2009, 3:56 pm
National Champion

LMAO, well I thought maybe one of us might get to have some fun. It looks like they filtered out any question requiring a brain to answer, so that didn't quite work out like I wanted.

April 16th, 2009, 4:15 pm
RIP Killer

Didn't figure it would, but I couldn't bear to ask "Boxer or briefs" questions...

April 16th, 2009, 4:47 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

Jordan (Slinger, WI): What's the most unique thing about yourself, for those who don't know you?

Matthew Stafford: (3:35 PM ET ) I have no idea.

Well at least we know he does a good job of thinking on his feet... :roll:

April 16th, 2009, 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]