View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Who will be the better pro QB? 

Who will turn out to be the better pro QB
John Matthew Stafford 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Mark Sanchez 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 21

Who will be the better pro QB? 
QB Coach

Post Who will be the better pro QB?
I know we're going to have to wait several years before the answer to this is known but I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this subject, considering both QBs have the possibility to go in the top 10 and maybe even top 5 picks.

Also, anybody know why Stafford goes by his middle name (Matt) rather than his first name (John)?

April 19th, 2009, 7:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Arm: Stafford
College Starts: Stafford

Physical: Both Fit "Standard QB size" parameters

IT Factor: Sanchez
Accuracy: Sanchez

White I believe Sanchez should have stayed 1 more year at USC to make sure he was ready for the pros, and i believe he will need more Sitting time at the pro level befoere he is ready, I also would take his Accuracy and IT Factor over Stafford Arm and College Experience.

That said I do believe that due to lack of Starts Sanchwez has a Slightly Higher Bust possibility, (maybe 55-60 compared to 50%) I also think his Upside is higher.

Kind of like Jason Smith COmpared to Eugene Monroe. Monroe is more ready to start and less likely to bust, but Smith is considered to have the higher upside.

IMO neither QB is worth the Number 1 pick, but I would feel better as a team taking sanchez at 4-10 than I would as a team taking Stafford at 1-4... the price gap is that large now.

April 19th, 2009, 8:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

Josh Freeman. In the right situation, in 3 or 4 years time, he will exceed what either Sanchez or Stafford will accomplish.

Opinion, of course, and I know very few agree. This is fine.

-ILMP

April 19th, 2009, 10:36 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Quote:
Last Friday, the last night teams could host, wine and dine players from out of town in their home market, Snyder and vice president Vinny Cerrato took Sanchez out to dinner at an Italian place in downtown D.C. after Sanchez had spent the day with Washington coaches and personnel people. Big deal? Maybe. Maybe not.

Sanchez, the in-demand quarterback, has visited nine teams between one (Detroit) and 19 (Tampa Bay) in the first round. The excitement level on him around the league is ratcheting up. I bet 40 percent of the teams like him better than they do Matthew Stafford, though Stafford's significantly more experienced. As one coach in the top 15 told me Sunday morning: "Sanchez really is an interesting prospect. There's so much he does that's instinctive, and he can make all the throws, even though he doesn't have the arm strength of Stafford. He sort of oozes confidence.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/20/draft/index.html

:shock:

Nice.

April 20th, 2009, 1:48 pm
RIP Killer

I like Sanchez better. He is certainly a better prospect as an NFL QB, my only beef is he had only 1 years starting. Only one year to go off of is rough.

April 20th, 2009, 2:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Exactly. He may be the biggest QB Risk Taken in a while because of so few College Starts... however, he may be 1 of the best prospects Ever to go Pro as a QB with so few college starts.

There is a reason that despite the lack of experience, he is still considered at the very top of the 1st round and would of been a near lock for #1 overall (beyond Bradford or McCoy) had he stayed at USC 1 more year.

Stafford has the Flashy Strength.

Sanchez has the Gritty IT Factor that almost all Winners have.

April 20th, 2009, 2:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I like Sanchez better. He does seem to have the "it" factor. I watched him destroy Penn St. in the bowl game. Had previously watched Stafford struggle against MSU and wanderred why everyone thought he was such a hot prospect. Every draft seems to have several players that have a special quality about them, leaders, winners, a wow factor. I think based on what I have seen in there college games, Sanchez possesses those intangables. From what I am hearing he is passing Stafford on some draft boards.

April 20th, 2009, 5:07 pm
RIP Killer

The think that scares me with Stafford that doesn't scare me with Sanchez is the hot and cold streaks. Too many times on the Stafford videos you can see throws that look great because the WR made some EXCELLENT catches. I have a feeling that Massaquoi made Stafford look better than he is and would love to get him into Detroit. Sanchez on the other hand seemed to make the right throws because of good reads and has an excellent deep ball. Stafford scares me and I would rather sit till pick 7 or so and grab Sanchez. Salary would be reasonable (compared to what Stafford will run) and I think you get a better QB.

April 20th, 2009, 5:15 pm
QB Coach

I think it really depends on the teams they go to but overall I think Sanchez ends up being better. In the top 10 I think Seattle represents the best landing spot for either QB. They can sit behind Hasselbeck for probably 2 more seasons, learn the offense and allow Seattle to fill in the rest of the holes on the roster. Seattle needs better skill players and youth along the o-line but two seasons should be enough to fill in those spots.

April 22nd, 2009, 6:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

There is no good answer for the question.

They both are going to be better than each other.

How can that be?

Sanchez is going to be a better Wet Toast Offense QB than Stafford could ever be.

And Stafford is going to be a much better chuck the ball downfield QB than Sanchez could ever hope to be.

April 22nd, 2009, 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]