View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 McShay and Kiper disagreeing 
Cheerleader

Post McShay and Kiper disagreeing
The biggest problem I have with taking or not taking Stafford is not the fear of him being a bust, it's that I have NO idea which person to trust in his "professional" opinion. I think they both suck, McShay and Kiper. I think they are constantly wrong and no one ever really calls them on it. However, while I would normally go against whatever they said, I don't have that luxury. I have even had that taken away from me now. I would normally trust McShay over Kiper but after hearing him blast on the Matt Forte pick, I have increased my doubts.

All this said, I hope the Lions see themselves to picking who THEY decide is the best player for them and the best money deal they can get.

PLEASE LIONS, DON'T DO SOMETHING STUPID AGAIN. I WANT SO MUCH TO LIKE YOU.

April 20th, 2009, 6:29 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I think the lesson you can take away from this is that Kiper and McShay are BOTH clueless.

April 20th, 2009, 7:18 pm
National Champion

Remember guys, they are entertainers with some draft knowledge. They aren't experts or scouts, don't be mistaken.

April 20th, 2009, 7:41 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Think about How big Scouting Departments are for Teams in the NFL. Multiply it by 32 Teams. If McShay/Kiper was as good as They think they are or ESPN wants you to believe you are, don't you think 1 of those 32 Organizations would have space in their Scouting Departments for them?

April 20th, 2009, 7:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Team Captain

Can you believe that these two dillrods are probably making 100's of thousand dollars to spew their crap. I know for a fact that there are people on this board that I would trust before these idiots.

Hell, I feel like I could out "guess" them. Let's just pray or whatever you do, that the FO is as cynical as we are. Or at least me!

Aaron Curry all the way. JMO :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

April 20th, 2009, 8:21 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Exactly.

Think about How big Scouting Departments are for Teams in the NFL. Multiply it by 32 Teams. If McShay/Kiper was as good as They think they are or ESPN wants you to believe you are, don't you think 1 of those 32 Organizations would have space in their Scouting Departments for them?

Couldn't have said it better, and what really bothers me is when they say this team needs this or that. They assume you draft based on need. Stupid assumption IMO.

April 20th, 2009, 8:27 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I would think they get paid more doing what they are doing, which could explain them not being on staffs.

April 20th, 2009, 8:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would think they get paid more doing what they are doing, which could explain them not being on staffs.

Most likely.

Entertainers in front of a National Audience generally make more than Hard Working people with "Actual Work" type jobs.

I would be VERY Curious to see if McShay or Kiper ever got offers to work for an actual team, when those offers were made, and by what teams.

April 20th, 2009, 9:26 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

The most fervent wish I would have regarding this, is that during the entire draft, just prior to the Lions every single pick, that both these guys would say "if I'm the Lions right now, I take ______", and then see how those players fare.

Pretty much they only say that about players taken in the top of the first round, for the most part. I'd like to see their real time projection for the entire draft.

I'd bet any money it would suck, BIG time.

April 20th, 2009, 9:31 pm
National Champion

I had a nice chat with Mel Kiper at Mike Williams's "Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" :lol:

April 20th, 2009, 9:39 pm
Walk On

I had a nice chat with Mel Kiper at Mike Williams's "Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" :lol:

Too bad I had to miss it. I wanted to go, but was already obligated to receive my Nobel prize.

-ILMP

April 20th, 2009, 10:42 pm
National Champion

Strawberries&Chocolat wrote:

Too bad I had to miss it. I wanted to go, but was already obligated to receive my Nobel prize.

-ILMP

We wished you were there. Afterwards we headed over to Andre Ware's house and admired his Super Bowl rings.

April 21st, 2009, 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]