View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Curry believes that Stafford will be the pick 
Heisman Winner

Post Curry believes that Stafford will be the pick
Aaron Curry believes Matthew Stafford will be the Lions' pick
Posted by Justin Rogers | MLive.com April 24, 2009 09:44AM
Categories: Draft
We've all seen the report that Aaron Curry has agreed to terms with the Detroit Lions.

It is also known the Lions are still actively pursuing a contract with Georgia quarterback. Matthew Stafford, and the ball is now Stafford's court to accept the Lions proposed contract.

If Stafford doesn't agree to terms sometime before the draft on Saturday, it is expected the Lions will take Curry with the first overall pick in the draft.

One person that doesn't think the situation will play out this way is Aaron Curry.

April 23, Fort Worth Star-Telegram: But Thursday, Curry sounded resigned to the fact that Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford likely is the Lions' choice. Detroit still was negotiating with Stafford's agent Thursday and reportedly has given Stafford a deadline of Friday.
"It's just the prestige of being the No. 1 overall pick," Curry said. "You can go to any athlete of any draft and ask them if they want to be the No. 1 pick, and they're going to say, 'Yeah,' and what would they do to get it? They'd do anything to be in Matthew's shoes right now." If he's not first, Curry doesn't care where he goes. Several mock drafts have him falling out of the top eight, because he is seen as a better fit for a 4-3 defense.

I just found an additional quote from Curry on the subject from FoxSport's Alex Marvez via Cotsonika's blog.

April 23, FoxSports: "In my heart, I think (the Lions) are going to get it done with Stafford," Curry said. "I know they have faith in both of us to become great players. They can't go wrong. They're really making their decision on a need basis. Quarterback for them is a more important need. I understand that."Honest question: Does this guy every say the wrong thing?

April 24th, 2009, 12:26 pm
Heisman Winner

I'm not going to blast the Stafford pick. If they truly think he's a #1 talent at QB, you gotta take him. I don't think he's good enough but that's neither here nor there now.

Mayhew deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point until he loses it.

This pick will either make or break him in 3 years if he lasts that long.

April 24th, 2009, 12:29 pm
Veteran General Manager

Let me add a: :(

I'm not going to blast the Stafford pick. If they truly think he's a #1 talent at QB, you gotta take him. I don't think he's good enough but that's neither here nor there now.

Regardless how he does, he will have a 10 year 500Million dollar contract extension by then. LOL.

April 24th, 2009, 11:14 pm
Heisman Winner

yostevo wrote:
Let me add a: :(

Regardless how he does, he will have a 10 year 500Million dollar contract extension by then. LOL.

We are talking about Ford Sr.here! :lol:

April 25th, 2009, 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]