View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 5:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Available for Day 2? 
RIP Killer

While I know everyone is clamoring for D.J. Moore and Duke Robinson, I would like to see the Lions consider taking Mike Mickens or Antoine Caldwell. Caldwell can play either center or guard, and he moves very well so that he fits the ZBS. Mickens is an underrated prospect, and I think he can be had with our second pick of the third round.

Jason Phillips is still on the board, and I think the Lions have to consider him for MIKE despite his knee injury. Prior to him getting hurt, he easily could have been a second round pick.

I am not a big fan of what the Lions have done in this draft. It's not that I don't like the players, but somewhere along the line you have to go off the board and think about filling some glaring needs.

Biggest remaining needs:

MLB (by far)
OG
DT
CB
OT
DE

The fact that so many needs are identified, means that the Lions should have taken a page from the Browns/Patriots Draft Playbooks, and traded down as often as possible to get more picks in the mid rounds.

I had said in another post that the best value was to be had from #51 to around #125. I have a feeling the Lions were getting calls at 20 and 33 from teams wanting to move up.

Once again, I feel this administration has let us down.

April 26th, 2009, 5:37 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

3b- Jasper Brinkley ILB

April 26th, 2009, 5:39 am
National Champion

I like D.J. Moore too, but D.J. Moore did not Gosselin's Top 100 list, so it seems likely that he will slide to the fourth round, or possibly further.

April 26th, 2009, 9:08 am
National Champion

April 26th, 2009, 10:06 am
Stadium Announcer

Looks like we dropped back eleven spots in Round 3 and picked up a #4 and #7

April 26th, 2009, 10:21 am
RIP Killer

Good trade...if their guy is there at 76 now.

I like picking up the 4th.

I liked Alex Magee and Jason Williams...both gone

April 26th, 2009, 10:44 am
RIP Killer

Damn! Robert Brewster just went to the Boys. I like that dood.

DeAndre Levy?????????????

Amazing. From what I've watched, Levy can NOT play the MIKE and he's an undersized SAM. Exactly like one of those guys we've got...named Alex Lewis.

Damn - there goes Urbik and Barnes! I would have loved to have either of those guys

April 26th, 2009, 10:55 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

NFL draft scout compare Levy to Lewis but they say some scouts compare him to Keith Bullocks.

I am more upset of Derrick Williams considering we signs Curry and Johnson already

April 26th, 2009, 11:25 am
Stadium Announcer

Well, they did NOT address O-line, D-line, or MLB in Round 3! :shock:

OLB DeAndre Levy - Wisconsin (smallish at 6'2" 236 lb., but speedy 4.50 in the 40)

WR Derrick Williams - Penn State (excellent kick/punt return man!)

April 26th, 2009, 11:28 am
Div 1 - Starter

Well, they did NOT address O-line, D-line, or MLB in Round 3! :shock:

OLB DeAndre Levy - Wisconsin (smallish at 6'2" 236 lb., but speedy 4.50 in the 40)

WR Derrick Williams - Penn State (excellent kick/punt return man!)

Exactly. I am more upset by this than by the Delmas (non-Maualuga) pick. SunovaBiscuit! :evil:

Could have killed two birds with one stone by drafting DJ Moore, to get CB depth and a KR/PR. To say nothing of the fact that we've added NO BEEF! So much for getting bigger.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 26th, 2009, 11:42 am
Stadium Announcer

....To say nothing of the fact that we've added NO BEEF! So much for getting bigger.

We've still got five more picks today.

April 26th, 2009, 11:59 am
Stadium Announcer

nfl.com wrote:
Sammie Lee Hill (DT)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 329
College: Stillman

Analysis

Positives: Tall with muscular overall build and long arms. ... Displays excellent agility and quickness for his size. ... Uses a punch and good hand play to discard offensive tackles at the line of scrimmage. ... Swats chipping running backs away like flies on the outside. ... Good closing speed and has the length to wrap up in the backfield. ... Flashes the initial quickness inside. ... Bull rushes his man into the pocket when one-on-one inside. ... Breaks down on the edge and changes direction well for his size. ... Could project as a 3-4 defensive end.

Negatives: Looks like a man among boys against lower level competition, especially when lined up on the edge, but must prove he can handle the next level physically. ... Fails to consistently get off double teams when inside. ... Must work on lowering his pad level so he's not stood up to lose the leverage battle against NFL offensive linemen and be susceptible to cut blocks. ... Doesn't chase or hustle consistently.

Compares To: SHAUN ROGERS, Cleveland -- Hill has the potential to be much more consistent than Rogers, but will just need time to adjust to NFL life from the low level of competition he played in. Hill flashes a burst to finish and shows effectiveness stopping the running game as a three-tech defender. He has a very strong anchor vs. the run and uses his hands well to cross over the offensive lineman's face to make the play. He generates excellent leverage to stack at the point of attack. He has the quick, strong and active hands to split double teams and his long arms allow him to consistently push the pocket.

April 26th, 2009, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

They know how to pick day 2 DBs, they've done it with Payne, McBride, Vasher, Graham, Hamilton...

April 26th, 2009, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

Bears got DJ Moore...

They know how to pick day 2 DBs, they've done it with Payne, McBride, Vasher, Graham, Hamilton...

yeah, but everyone here was saying we needed to take him in round 3 and the Bears passed over him 3 times in rounds 3-4 before taking him with their 4th pick today. They obviously didn't think he was worth the earlier picks that the Lions had either.

EDIT: To show how much we really don't know... Duke Robinson is still there which other thought was BPA with the 1st pick in the 3rd. So we are obviously all much much smarter than the rest of the NFL...

EDIT 2: I just noticed that no ILB had been taken till AFTER the Lions pick in the 4th. NO 3rd round ILB's and no top 4th ILB's. Why didn't we address that spot? The talent isn't there.

April 26th, 2009, 1:42 pm
RIP Killer

yeah, but everyone here was saying we needed to take him in round 3 and the Bears passed over him 3 times in rounds 3-4 before taking him with their 4th pick today. They obviously didn't think he was worth the earlier picks that the Lions had either.

EDIT: To show how much we really don't know... Duke Robinson is still there which other thought was BPA with the 1st pick in the 3rd. So we are obviously all much much smarter than the rest of the NFL...

EDIT 2: I just noticed that no ILB had been taken till AFTER the Lions pick in the 4th. NO 3rd round ILB's and no top 4th ILB's. Why didn't we address that spot? The talent isn't there.

I wanted Moore with our 2nd 3rd rounder (82nd). He's got some knocks, no question, but he's got potential. He fell mainly due to his slow 40 time at the combine. BTW - The Bears have glaring needs at WR and DT and they went BPA at position of need.

Duke Robinson is far overrated. He's a 3-4 round talent, who's slipping because he simply isn't agile and quick enough to get to the 2nd level and sustain NFL caliber LBs and DTs like Tommie Harris.

April 26th, 2009, 1:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next