View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 5:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Patriots make me want to throw up... 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Patriots make me want to throw up...
with envy...

Moved back first day to get lots of 2nds then nabbed 2 more 2nd rounder for next year today! Very very nice.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 26th, 2009, 3:51 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10327
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
On another note, what'd we get from the Broncos for the first pick in the sixth?

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 26th, 2009, 3:53 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12203
Post 
conversion02 wrote:
On another note, what'd we get from the Broncos for the first pick in the sixth?


I think 7th this year and 5th next

MLive wrote:
HERE'S THE TRADE INFO: detroit gives up pick 174 for pick 235 and then next year's fifth rounder.


April 26th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2009, 10:56 am
Posts: 75
Post 
I think they did a good job so far in the draft. I trust this FO. I bet we get some quality type players with these 7th rounders. They seem to think they know where to find late round talent with the way they getting these 7th rounders.

Plus great trade with broncos. there wasn't anyone they wanted so they get another pick for next year. well done. I can see the bellicik in schwartz already, and that has me excited.


April 26th, 2009, 4:06 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2815
Post 
And the waay Denver is going this offseason, I think its going to be in the top 5 in the 5th.


April 26th, 2009, 4:10 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2009, 10:56 am
Posts: 75
Post 
njroar wrote:
And the waay Denver is going this offseason, I think its going to be in the top 5 in the 5th.


I couldn't agree more. Denver will digress remarkably this year. This makes me happy that we didn't hire josh mcdaniels


April 26th, 2009, 4:13 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran
User avatar

Joined: September 15th, 2004, 6:02 am
Posts: 1355
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Post 
Honestly. The way the Lions are drafting makes me think they either really brilliant or really dumb.

Because it looks bad, but maybe they know something no else knows. Or maybe they just don't know what everybody else knows.

_________________
Image
Lion http://www.suh93.com


April 26th, 2009, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12203
Post 
mcphillyj wrote:
I think they did a good job so far in the draft. I trust this FO. I bet we get some quality type players with these 7th rounders. They seem to think they know where to find late round talent with the way they getting these 7th rounders.

Plus great trade with broncos. there wasn't anyone they wanted so they get another pick for next year. well done. I can see the bellicik in schwartz already, and that has me excited.


Good points and I'm wondering how much, if any, input Shack Harris has had. Is anyone familiar with his draft history?


April 26th, 2009, 4:16 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: March 3rd, 2005, 2:19 pm
Posts: 577
Post 
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Honestly. The way the Lions are drafting makes me think they either really brilliant or really dumb.

Because it looks bad, but maybe they know something no else knows. Or maybe they just don't know what everybody else knows.


Or maybe they've isolated a FA or three who could fill needs that we couldn't fill with enough quality in the draft. Why draft any player that we aren't committed to working with? Might just as well trade for more picks. Seventh rounders are nothing more than first dibs at undrafted free agents anyway.

Seems like we should have some money left over to add a couple veteran FAs to contribute right away (ILB, CB, DE).

_________________
"With the second pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select Calvin Johnson, WR from Georgia Tech."

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.


April 26th, 2009, 6:01 pm
Profile
Junior Varsity

Joined: March 30th, 2009, 11:55 pm
Posts: 182
Post 
mcphillyj wrote:
njroar wrote:
And the waay Denver is going this offseason, I think its going to be in the top 5 in the 5th.


I couldn't agree more. Denver will digress remarkably this year. This makes me happy that we didn't hire josh mcdaniels


I don't know why. I really haven't seen much difference in draft strategy this season between the Broncos and us: both teams seem centered on guys they consider BPA, with only some consideration to percieved needs.

The thing is: I'd say the Broncos have a lot more trade bait to dangle out there then we do to fill whatever holes they have left over after this weekend.


April 26th, 2009, 6:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.