View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Patriots make me want to throw up... 
RIP Killer

Post Patriots make me want to throw up...
with envy...

Moved back first day to get lots of 2nds then nabbed 2 more 2nd rounder for next year today! Very very nice.

April 26th, 2009, 3:51 pm
RIP Killer

On another note, what'd we get from the Broncos for the first pick in the sixth?

April 26th, 2009, 3:53 pm
Modmin Dude

On another note, what'd we get from the Broncos for the first pick in the sixth?

I think 7th this year and 5th next

MLive wrote:
HERE'S THE TRADE INFO: detroit gives up pick 174 for pick 235 and then next year's fifth rounder.

April 26th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Stadium Announcer

I think they did a good job so far in the draft. I trust this FO. I bet we get some quality type players with these 7th rounders. They seem to think they know where to find late round talent with the way they getting these 7th rounders.

Plus great trade with broncos. there wasn't anyone they wanted so they get another pick for next year. well done. I can see the bellicik in schwartz already, and that has me excited.

April 26th, 2009, 4:06 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

And the waay Denver is going this offseason, I think its going to be in the top 5 in the 5th.

April 26th, 2009, 4:10 pm
Stadium Announcer

And the waay Denver is going this offseason, I think its going to be in the top 5 in the 5th.

I couldn't agree more. Denver will digress remarkably this year. This makes me happy that we didn't hire josh mcdaniels

April 26th, 2009, 4:13 pm
NFL Veteran

Honestly. The way the Lions are drafting makes me think they either really brilliant or really dumb.

Because it looks bad, but maybe they know something no else knows. Or maybe they just don't know what everybody else knows.

April 26th, 2009, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I think they did a good job so far in the draft. I trust this FO. I bet we get some quality type players with these 7th rounders. They seem to think they know where to find late round talent with the way they getting these 7th rounders.

Plus great trade with broncos. there wasn't anyone they wanted so they get another pick for next year. well done. I can see the bellicik in schwartz already, and that has me excited.

Good points and I'm wondering how much, if any, input Shack Harris has had. Is anyone familiar with his draft history?

April 26th, 2009, 4:16 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Honestly. The way the Lions are drafting makes me think they either really brilliant or really dumb.

Because it looks bad, but maybe they know something no else knows. Or maybe they just don't know what everybody else knows.

Or maybe they've isolated a FA or three who could fill needs that we couldn't fill with enough quality in the draft. Why draft any player that we aren't committed to working with? Might just as well trade for more picks. Seventh rounders are nothing more than first dibs at undrafted free agents anyway.

Seems like we should have some money left over to add a couple veteran FAs to contribute right away (ILB, CB, DE).

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 26th, 2009, 6:01 pm
Junior Varsity

njroar wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Denver will digress remarkably this year. This makes me happy that we didn't hire josh mcdaniels

I don't know why. I really haven't seen much difference in draft strategy this season between the Broncos and us: both teams seem centered on guys they consider BPA, with only some consideration to percieved needs.

The thing is: I'd say the Broncos have a lot more trade bait to dangle out there then we do to fill whatever holes they have left over after this weekend.

April 26th, 2009, 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]