View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Redskins Likely to take Campbell at 25 
RIP Killer

Post Redskins Likely to take Campbell at 25
Redskins: Campbell targeted with newly acquired pick
The News

After acquiring the No. 25 overall pick in this weekend's draft from the Broncos on Tuesday, the Redskins are hoping to use it to select former Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell, according to an ESPN website report. Campbell logged a 31-8 record as a starter for the Tigers. The Redskins also hold the No. 9 overall pick in the draft.
Our View
If this report is accurate, Patrick Ramsey's days as the starter in Washington could be coming to an end. Skins' scouts feel that Campbell is at the same level as top-rated rookie signal callers Alex Smith (Utah) and Aaron Rodgers (California), and it appears team officials were willing to part with a third-round pick this season and first- and fourth-round picks in 2006 to get their man.

Also another stupid trade. I don't think Campbell should go that high...I don't think the 'Skins will have any competition taking him at #25...unless Green Bay takes him at #24. I kind of hope GB does, just to screw the 'Skins over.

April 20th, 2005, 8:07 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

:shock: I thought the only first round qbs were going to be Alex and Aaron.

April 20th, 2005, 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Campbell is a good QB. I thought he had a good year. I think he is worth number 25.

April 20th, 2005, 8:36 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
That would be a real screamer if the green beans took him at 24 :lol: I wonder if they found out or feel like somebody was after him behind 25 in rd 1 or before their next pick.

These are the days of our lives...... :roll:

April 20th, 2005, 11:54 am
QB Coach

Actually, trading away next year's first for Campbell or Frye isn't a terrible move.

Outside of Matt Leinart, there really are no sure-fire first round QBs currently in the 2006 draft. Junior QBs Vince Young and Chris Leak could change that, though.

April 20th, 2005, 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think he could easily be #1 taken but a lot of people will think thats a reach, just because he didnt have that grand of a combine, I know I said plenty of times but the combine is overated, I like the idea of it but they put to much emphasis on it, it shouldnt be that big of a deal for results...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 21st, 2005, 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]