View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Never too soon to look ahead. 2010 Draft. 
NFL Veteran

I don't know about Florida DE's. They seem to flop in the NFL recently. Dunlap is a different animal though.

If we are talking DT's. Suh is pretty dominant. Rare to see a 300 lb DT move like a linebacker.

Mount Cody is a mammoth who is unmovable. Weight problems might make him available in round 2.

May 20th, 2009, 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Never too soon to look ahead. 2010 Draft.
I have several problems with those players in the article being listed so highly, namely George Selvie and Colt McCoy. I honestly believe that Tim Tebow will eventually pass him as the better NFL prospect.

Anyway, I hope that we pick an OT in the first round. CB can wait, and DT isn't a huge need, I love Sammie Lee Hill and Andre Fluellen. DE may or may not be a need depending on IAF and Avril, LB may not be a need if Follett and Levy play to full potential. Safety is obviously not a need, so I think our defense has enough potential for now, it's time to anchor that offensive line for the next decade.

John 3:16

May 30th, 2009, 3:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
NFL Team Captain

I would be tickled as hell to see our first 4 picks be on the D side of the ball ( Pipe Dream, I know). But here are picks that I woud like.

1. Taylor Mays FS USC 6'3" 230 lbs.
Have we ever had a Safety that big? Also at Safety Eric Berry just not as our 1st pick

2.Terrance Cody DT Alabama 6'5" 2nd Rd

3.George Selvie DE / Greg Hardy

I would like a top notch CB but it looks like the pickings are pretty slim.
If we could get 2 of these guys I would be thrilled.

I know that I need to wake up and smell the Bud, but there is always that slight chance. :wink:

May 30th, 2009, 8:45 am
Stadium Announcer

I would be tickled as hell to see our first 4 picks be on the D side of the ball ( Pipe Dream, I know). But here are picks that I woud like.

1. Taylor Mays FS USC 6'3" 230 lbs.
Have we ever had a Safety that big? Also at Safety Eric Berry just not as our 1st pick

2.Terrance Cody DT Alabama 6'5" 2nd Rd

3.George Selvie DE / Greg Hardy

I would like a top notch CB but it looks like the pickings are pretty slim.
If we could get 2 of these guys I would be thrilled.

I know that I need to wake up and smell the Bud, but there is always that slight chance. :wink:

Let's wait until next year before writing off every pick of this year as a bust :wink:

1. Taylor Mays- we've drafted GA, Bullocks, and Delmas high already... GA and Bullocks proved to be very solid when healthy and Delmas has huge potential.

2. Terrence Cody- we just drafted Andre Fluellen(who could've been a first-mid second round pick if not for injuries), and Sammie Lee Hill...

I love the Hill pick. The kid's 6,4, 329, and he played both NT and DE in college... Could've been a first rounder had he played for a bigger school, he really stood out at the combine and senior bowl practices.

3. George Selvie/Greg Hardy- we have Avril who was excellent when he played. He's more polished and not as lanky as both of them.

John 3:16

May 30th, 2009, 4:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Head Cheerleader

For those talking about Bradford, Dunlap, etc missing from the list, it's because the article is only ranking seniors. I'm assuming everyone just said "Screw it, I'm just looking at the rankings!"

Back to the topic at hand, we HAVE to go left tackle next season, there really is no other option. We have no long term solution at that position, and no elite player at the position. Stafford can probably get by one season with an average left tackle, but if it isn't addressed the guy is going to get sacked out of the league. David Carr comes to mind as a top quarterback who never had an offensive line, and a team that refused to get him those elite linemen and it set them back years. I really like Russell Okung, he's going to be a stud. Another guy to watch out for is Trent Williams from Oklahoma. He would have been one of the top tackles drafted in this passed draft.

June 17th, 2009, 10:45 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

For those talking about Bradford, Dunlap, etc missing from the list, it's because the article is only ranking seniors. I'm assuming everyone just said "Screw it, I'm just looking at the rankings!"

I did not see anyone talking about those guys missing from the list. Most posters were just stating which players they prefered and many happened to not be seniors.

June 18th, 2009, 11:48 am
QB Coach

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11942391

Another set of top senior prospect rankings for next year.

July 12th, 2009, 5:12 pm
QB Coach

A look at the 32 players draftking.com has in his 2010 first round mock

Part one: http://www.draftking.com/nfl/news/2009/7-7-2009.shtml

Part two: http://www.draftking.com/nfl/news/2009/7-8-2009.shtml

July 13th, 2009, 7:46 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Carlos Dunlap and Vince Ogabaase
OR
Ndamukong Suh and Brandon Graham

August 30th, 2009, 12:03 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I would like to see one of these combos

Carlos Dunlap and Vince Ogabaase
OR
Ndamukong Suh and Brandon Graham

What's funny is that your first option is what I've been hoping for ever since the 2009 draft ended. Unfortunately, I could see Dunlap going first overall if he has the sort of season I expect him to, and I don't want the Lions to be in that position ever again. Also, I'm not sure if Vince Oghobaase will even last until the 2nd round since such a premium is placed on DTs of his caliber. I would definitely take Ndamukong Suh in the 1st if Dunlap is off the board though.

I also agree with most of the posters here about Colt McCoy. I just don't see him as an elite NFL QB since he lacks the arm strength and build to do so. I could be wrong though, and it wouldn't be the first time.

September 6th, 2009, 12:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Colt McCoy is Jeff Garcia. He will be a decent but not stellar pro in the right (read WCO) style offense.

Put him on a team like the Vikes or Eagles right now and he would be a great fit.

He doesnt have the bomber arm though, so he will have to be a game manager on a team built around D and Power Running if he were to ever go deep in the playoffs.

September 6th, 2009, 2:48 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Back to the topic at hand, we HAVE to go left tackle next season, there really is no other option. We have no long term solution at that position, and no elite player at the position. Stafford can probably get by one season with an average left tackle, but if it isn't addressed the guy is going to get sacked out of the league. David Carr comes to mind as a top quarterback who never had an offensive line, and a team that refused to get him those elite linemen and it set them back years. I really like Russell Okung, he's going to be a stud. Another guy to watch out for is Trent Williams from Oklahoma. He would have been one of the top tackles drafted in this passed draft.

see i dont see why we would draft a lt in the first round after we just signed our whole o line to long term deals?

September 9th, 2009, 1:22 am
LethalLion wrote:

see i dont see why we would draft a lt in the first round after we just signed our whole o line to long term deals?

The problem with that is... we didn't necessarily sign worthy players to long term deals... We absolutely need a LT to make our OL and our offense work...

September 9th, 2009, 2:38 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

since we signed them i say lets at least give them a year or two i want defense draft this year....then again im a defense kind of person so maybe im biosed :?

September 9th, 2009, 12:49 pm
RIP Killer

I agree with dmudd. The Lions Achille's heel last season was the defense, not the offense. That will hold true for this season, as well as next season in all likelihood. Our starting corners would be nickelbacks on other teams. One have one legitimate starter at safety (maybe) in Delmas. We know we have a two down tackle for this season in Big Grady, but we don't know if we have anyone worthwhile for next season. SLH is a rookie, and Fluellen and Cohen are essentially rookies this season. Orien Harris is not an impact player, and never will be. Unless one of the three rooks emerge, we are hurting big time. At end, who do we have worthwhile? White is not durable, and is not a prolific sack artist. Avril is being looked at as a part time pass rusher, not a full time end. Jason Hunter? Not what I call a starter. Even when Devries returns, I doubt he'll be back in his top form, and even then he should be a utility lineman.

We are OK at linebacker. Levy looks good, Follett (if he remains) will be a good player, and Dizon showed me something as an outside backer in the pre-season. Our current starters are quality players, and our future looks pretty good.

My point? Our D-line and secondary is trash until they prove otherwise. Cunningham can hide some of the flaws with blitz packages, but eventually teams will be able to work through that. From our next draft, we NEED to focus on defense more than offense. I was hoping that would have been done this past draft, but it was not to be. We will need at least two D-linemen, one at tackle one at end, and a stud corner to make this defense acceptable.

September 9th, 2009, 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next