View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lions looking hard at Pollack for first-round pick 
Modmin Dude

Post Lions looking hard at Pollack for first-round pick
http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/111407821541690.xml

What do you think of Pollack in the first??? Looks like he would definately fill a need, but its probably more smoke-screen by Millen

April 21st, 2005, 10:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

I like this move if we can trade down 3-5 picks and still get him. That gives us a 3rd round (approx. as a reward) draft pick that we could really use to add some depth.

I prefer to grab DJ if he's there but this is my next choice.

April 21st, 2005, 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I like this move if we can trade down 3-5 picks and still get him. That gives us a 3rd round (approx. as a reward) draft pick that we could really use to add some depth.

I prefer to grab DJ if he's there but this is my next choice.

That's pretty much what I was thinking....its a good move but not at 10. I'd like DJ or a CB at 10

April 21st, 2005, 11:19 am
Hall of Fame Player

That's pretty much what I was thinking....its a good move but not at 10. I'd like DJ or a CB at 10

I hear what you're saying and you're not alone. I just can't see going CB at # 10 unless it was Rolle - and that won't happen.

So for me it's DJ or trade down for Pollack.

April 21st, 2005, 11:27 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Funny how all this buzz about Pollack surfaced kind of suddenly the last few days. I am not sure what to make about it? He was not on the radar of any of the media before now.

April 21st, 2005, 12:47 pm
Site Admin

Your article made everyone "senty mental" I guess :lol:

GJ on breaking the story Yorick :wink:

April 21st, 2005, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I did not "break" any story since I have no sources. I was just making a logical supposition in the piece, but I wonder do Kowalski, Sylvester, and those guys have any sources for this theory? It seems not. Rather they quite suddenly started asking Millen about Pollack and sensed that he does like him. That is my read anyway.

April 21st, 2005, 1:18 pm
League MVP

if we end up with pollack at 10 i will consider boycotting lions football...

April 21st, 2005, 3:15 pm
QB Coach

I'd like to move down and snatch Pollack.

At #10? Ehhh.... if Johnson, Rolle, Edwards, Williams, and Williamson were gone, then I would highly consider him.

April 21st, 2005, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Ehhh....maybe if DJ, Rolle, PacMan, BMW, Braylon, QB Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers, Barron, MATT JONES, and Richie Incognito are off the board.....

Seriously, this is a classic smoke screen. What the hell is a smoke screen anyway? Is it just that it is pointless? Whatever--if the Lions really are interested in Pollack, it better be for a trade down. Now Yorick made me do my homework on the kid a while back, and I must admit that I think he will be a good player in this league, despite his noticeable size disadvantage. ATL's Tim Green in the early 90s certainly paved the way and I have heard mention of Tedy Bruschi....fine.

I just feel strongly that if you are going to use the #10 overall on defense, you cannot afford to use it on a player who makes up for his oompa-arms by trying really hard. He was definitely a playmaker in college. The consistency is there. The agressiveness is there. I am just not sure I believe the physical limitations can be overlooked when you are talking about a top 10 pick. If you're going to reach with the pick, take a guy with a higher upside: go for Carlos Rogers and add another Rogers to the fold....I don't think we have a cornerback named Rogers yet....:roll:

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 21st, 2005, 11:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Ehhh....maybe if DJ, Rolle, PacMan, BMW, Braylon, QB Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers, Barron, MATT JONES, and Richie Incognito are off the board.....

Of course, that would be impossible because you listed 10 players, :P

I think smokescreens are vaulable. If Millen wouldn't have talked up KWII so much last year, we only have Roy, and not KingJones.

April 22nd, 2005, 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Quote:

[yeah, that was precisely my point (which I tried to make obvious by inclusion of the last 3 or 4 guys....] XXeyeslam.gif

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 22nd, 2005, 2:39 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

April 22nd, 2005, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Last edited by Ferris on April 23rd, 2005, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 22nd, 2005, 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

bsand2053 wrote:
Quote:

[yeah, that was precisely my point (which I tried to make obvious by inclusion of the last 3 or 4 guys....] XXeyeslam.gif

I love Matt Jones, but as a 2nd rounder... Realisticly he will not go in the first. I Mike Williams or DJ would be a better bet :arrow: :roll:

Last edited by Ferris on April 23rd, 2005, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 22nd, 2005, 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next