View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Mel Kiper's first 2010 Big Board 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Mel Kiper's first 2010 Big Board
1. *Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Has underrated arm and great feel for position and is super-accurate.

2. *Eric Berry, S, Tennessee: Ultimate playmaker, in the Ed Reed mold.

3. *Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida: Physical tools are off the charts. Unlimited upside potential.

4. *Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead.

5. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: Explosive, relentless and consistent.

6. Taylor Mays, S, USC: LB size and CB speed.

7. *Jevan Snead, QB, Mississippi: Could have pro career similar to that of former Rebel Eli Manning.

8. *Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.: Dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker.

9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma: Quality all-around bookend, moves from RT to LT this season.

10. *Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois: Silky smooth, with excellent run-after-catch ability.

11. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas: Intelligent and resourceful. Can beat you with arm or legs.

12. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse: Lives in the opponent's backfield.

13. *Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech: Power back, adept at breaking off long runs.

14. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.: Athletic, strong and fiery blind-side pass protector.

15. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma: Big-play TE, dynamic in the red zone.

16. Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi: Difference-maker harassing the QB when at full strength.

17. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida: Complete MLB, solid in all areas.

18. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU: Prolific pass rusher who could be a 3-4 OLB.

19. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama: Tremendous clogger along the interior.

20. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri: Makes plays all over the field.

21. *Jahvid Best, RB, California: Versatile, game-breaker supreme.

22. *Damian Williams, WR, USC: Polished receiver and extremely hard worker.

23. Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas: Production finally matched his talent last season.

24. Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.: Has the tools to excel at next level.

25. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan: Awesome athlete and force off the edge.

*Asterisk denotes underclassmen

August 21st, 2009, 6:31 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Re: Mel Kiper's first 2010 Big Board
Leo wrote:

2. *Eric Berry, S, Tennessee: Ultimate playmaker, in the Ed Reed mold.

3. *Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida: Physical tools are off the charts. Unlimited upside potential.

4. *Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead.

5. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: Explosive, relentless and consistent.

6. Taylor Mays, S, USC: LB size and CB speed.

8. *Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.: Dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker.

9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma: Quality all-around bookend, moves from RT to LT this season.

10. *Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois: Silky smooth, with excellent run-after-catch ability.

12. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse: Lives in the opponent's backfield.

13. *Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech: Power back, adept at breaking off long runs.

14. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.: Athletic, strong and fiery blind-side pass protector.

16. Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi: Difference-maker harassing the QB when at full strength.

17. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida: Complete MLB, solid in all areas.

18. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU: Prolific pass rusher who could be a 3-4 OLB.

19. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama: Tremendous clogger along the interior.

20. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri: Makes plays all over the field.

22. *Damian Williams, WR, USC: Polished receiver and extremely hard worker.

23. Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas: Production finally matched his talent last season.

24. Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.: Has the tools to excel at next level.

25. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan: Awesome athlete and force off the edge.

*Asterisk denotes underclassmen

wouldnt minda any of those but would love to get anther safty to go along side of delmas

August 31st, 2009, 9:46 pm
RIP Killer

Lots of nice D guys right there at the top. I like to see that!

September 1st, 2009, 12:24 am
NFL Team Captain

I can't believe I'm able to say this but I think our OLine will keep for another year or two. I would really like to see Taylor Mays-SS USC and Terrance Cody-DT with our first 2 picks. We need Mays to lock down our safety positions for quite awhile.

Grady Jackson while still a good player is on his way to backup status or retirement in a couple of years. Love the idea of Sammie Lee Hill and Cody as the best DT combo the team has seen in years.

I know that we need a shutdown corner but the pickings in the 1st round seem to be slim at this point.

If we can get Stanton healthy, maybe we can get an early round (3rd) pick for him to add somemore D help. Big maybe. Alot of teams are looking for a quality backup QB. I think Drew fits this bill.

Can we pick up a player on waivers and put them on the IR? Dusty Dvorcek and Tommie Harris come to mind, hoping than can recover from their injuries. If we can claim them and put them on IR what's the risk?
Just a wild thought :) Would they count against the salary cap?

September 1st, 2009, 7:10 am
I can't believe I'm able to say this but I think our OLine will keep for another year or two. I would really like to see Taylor Mays-SS USC and Terrance Cody-DT with our first 2 picks. We need Mays to lock down our safety positions for quite awhile.

Grady Jackson while still a good player is on his way to backup status or retirement in a couple of years. Love the idea of Sammie Lee Hill and Cody as the best DT combo the team has seen in years.

I know that we need a shutdown corner but the pickings in the 1st round seem to be slim at this point.

If we can get Stanton healthy, maybe we can get an early round (3rd) pick for him to add somemore D help. Big maybe. Alot of teams are looking for a quality backup QB. I think Drew fits this bill.

Can we pick up a player on waivers and put them on the IR? Dusty Dvorcek and Tommie Harris come to mind, hoping than can recover from their injuries. If we can claim them and put them on IR what's the risk?
Just a wild thought :) Would they count against the salary cap?

Nice thoughts Jomo, but I don't think that keeping Stanton healthy is an option. He's already complaining about his left knee this time, and it really looks like the writing is on the wall for him. If another team did want him I don't think that we could get more than a 5th round pick for him.

Taylor Mays seems like a great idea to me. We def. need another S.

DD or TH would be solid pick-ups IMO, even if its for future years.

September 1st, 2009, 10:51 am
RIP Killer

The Lions need outside pass rushers. Our DE depth is sad.....really sad. We don't know if Devries will be the same, and even if he returns to form he was never a strong pass rusher. Avril is a solid situational pass rusher, but still needs to bulk up. Dewayne White is OK, but seems to be slowing down some. Fluellen and IAF are playing out of position at DE, in my opinion. I would trade IAF to a team like KC, who is switching to a 34 and needs depth at DE, get a third or fourth round pick and make due. I would move Fluellen back inside as a pass rusher at DT on third downs.

Almost all the needs the Lions will have next season will be on the defensive side of the ball. CB and Safety are needs as well, but I think getting an additional pass rusher is imperative. I'd still like to see them make a move this year for another DE.

September 1st, 2009, 12:21 pm
NFL Team Captain

At my age I should never be wrong but, poop happens. I still stand by my picks of Mays and Cody. They will fill a void that has exsisted for years. I know that we need a shutdown corner and a large and fast pass rusher, but we need to find a couple first that will be immediate impact players, thus Mays and Cody.

The pickings seem to be thin for impact players at DE and CB. Why pass on a couple of players that can walk in and start?

September 1st, 2009, 1:44 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

im with mays or berry and then a dt i really wouldnt be mad if we got suh n then a cb either as long as we dont draft a o line man ill be happy we just signed out o line for long term deals i dont see why we would draft some one

September 1st, 2009, 5:07 pm
RIP Killer

At my age I should never be wrong but, poop happens. I still stand by my picks of Mays and Cody. They will fill a void that has exsisted for years. I know that we need a shutdown corner and a large and fast pass rusher, but we need to find a couple first that will be immediate impact players, thus Mays and Cody.

The pickings seem to be thin for impact players at DE and CB. Why pass on a couple of players that can walk in and start?

jomo, it's all gonna depend on a couple things.....

1. How fast does Sammie Hill progress? How well do Fluellen and Cohen do in their first real opportunities to play a decent amount of time? There's three young guys who show promise. Should they fare well, we really shouldn't use a first round pick on a DT, when a good one can be had in later rounds.

2. What kind of free agents will the Lions be able to sign before the draft?

I think our getting Mays and Cody would be great, but I doubt we get both. Of the two, I think Mays fills the bigger need. But if the Lions aren't able to get him (much like they got screwed out of Sean Taylor and Michael Huff) then we would have to look at a pass rusher that is still available.

It's really too early to know exactly what the Lions will need until we see some of these younger players perform. I am predicting that Fluellen will be serviceable as a DE, but not a productive pass rusher. I expect from IAF exactly what I've seen in the pre-season....nothing. Pray that our starting DE's don't suffer any injuries.

September 1st, 2009, 5:12 pm
Veteran General Manager

I am hoping that we end up with the #11 overall pick in the 2010 draft. With 3 big time QB's coming out, 1 of them should still be on the board at that spot. And SOME team will pay a kings ransom for him. I'm looking at you Redskins! ( This is make or break year for Campbell).

That would give us two 1st rounders again plus whatever else Mayhew is able to wrangle out of the trade down.

September 1st, 2009, 7:29 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

do we just have the norm pics how do you figure we are goin to have two fist round pics???

September 1st, 2009, 8:15 pm
Head Cheerleader

I will do backflips if we draft Carlos Dunlap, he is a MONSTER.

September 1st, 2009, 8:24 pm
Veteran General Manager

do we just have the norm pics how do you figure we are goin to have two fist round pics???

I was talking about a trade down scenario that would give us an extra 1st round pick.

September 1st, 2009, 9:19 pm
NFL Team Captain

I'm hoping that Cody may slip to the 2nd Round, due to weight issues. We know that he has the strength, but will he have the stamina to play more than 2 plays per series.

September 1st, 2009, 9:50 pm
Team MVP

Im all for Mays. That would be so awesome to pair him with Delmas!

Correct me if im wrong, but Mays is a SS and Delmas is a FS, right?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 14th, 2009, 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next