View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Mel Kiper's first 2010 Big Board 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Im all for Mays. That would be so awesome to pair him with Delmas!

Correct me if im wrong, but Mays is a SS and Delmas is a FS, right?

Schwartz has said the safety in his defense has to be able to play both the S.S. and F.S. postion depending on what the opponet is doing.

September 14th, 2009, 10:24 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

The Lions should have another top 5 pick and after one game I can already tell these are guys Detroit need to keep on eye on...

1. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

2. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

3. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

4. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse

The Lions are not even going to be competitive until they fix the defensive line.

September 14th, 2009, 11:45 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

im still with the mays pic.....or suh or brandon spikes

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/ ... draft.html

it makes no sense to me why we would draft anther wide out and i would be pissed

September 15th, 2009, 12:46 am
Modmin Dude

it makes no sense to me why we would draft anther wide out and i would be pissed

They must think Millen is still around :shock:
There is no way IMO we take a WR in the first round for at least the next 5+ years (unless they're the next Jerry Rice)

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 15th, 2009, 9:17 am
RIP Killer

dmudd wrote:

They must think Millen is still around :shock:
There is no way IMO we take a WR in the first round for at least the next 5+ years (unless they're the next Jerry Rice)

I like the comments....."reminds me of Terrell Owens..."

Well, first off I don't want Terrell Owens on this team. Secondly, he reminds me of Terrell Owens too. This past weekend I saw Dez Bryant mishandle a pass that ended up being a pick for the opposing team. Lord knows I've seen Owens mishandle a pass or two in his day with the same results. But, it's always the QB who made the mistake.......

September 15th, 2009, 9:48 am
RIP Killer

Ok, worst mock draft EVER... seriously BAD. Looks like BPA and they just randomly picked teams.

September 15th, 2009, 10:04 am
NFL Team Captain

ACtually the first 2 picks are realistic. As for the rest of the draft qshatter.gif

There a 2 of the best Safties to come out in awhile which is a position of great need, 3 DTs and at least 2 OTs. My pick would be one of the 2 safties. My preference would be Mays as I have posted many times, probably too many times.

I actually think whoever is actually responable for this draft, is mocking the Lion's. It will be quite awhile before we are no longer the butt of most NFL jokes.

Most of us Lion's fans have developed very thick skin over the years. So keep it coming folks. We can take it, and sooner or later we will be the ones laughing.....I just hope it is in my lifetime 8)

September 15th, 2009, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

If Bradford is hurt enough, he might not even be a done deal.

September 15th, 2009, 1:01 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

As of right now, I'm personally on the defensive line band-wagon. As long as the o-line can protect the qb for 3 seconds our coaching staff will be good to enough to make plays that will allow him to get the ball out in that time.

We can't get any pressure on the qb and because of that, our secondary suffers. They can't cover all day which is what the line is making them do. On top of that, they are getting pushed back which obviously makes it harder for the linebackers to make their reads and fill their holes. Let alone make a clean tackle.

I wouldn't hate to see d-line twice in a row next year or get a good free agent for a good price and then get another d-lineman in the 1st and 2nd rd. I'm not the gm nor am I very good at predicting college players' success so I will leave names for the front office to study and for you guys to debate. I do not watch enough college football.

September 15th, 2009, 1:01 pm
Modmin Dude

I'm looking for starters a LT (or C with the caveat that we draft a developmental player at the other) DE & CB. We also need developmental at S, CB, LB, DT, DE...ah the hell with it EVERYWHERE!

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 15th, 2009, 1:50 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Well, I think they are pretty much set at RB for the next couple of years with Kevin Smith, Maurice Morris, and Aaron Brown. I can't say the same thing about any other position, though. They need help everywhere else.

September 15th, 2009, 2:00 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

from what im seeing in the mock draft there looks a little bit of depth at the d line postion in the nxt draft so im sticking with either mays or suh as who i want first..... then either a de or a cb

September 15th, 2009, 5:04 pm
Veteran General Manager

I'm looking for starters a LT (or C with the caveat that we draft a developmental player at the other) DE & CB. We also need developmental at S, CB, LB, DT, DE...ah the hell with it EVERYWHERE!

We WILL NOT draft a Center or a LT.
Raiola just signed an extension before this season. And you know darn well that they will extend Backus also. Give up that dream. It ain't happening. No matter how bad us fans would like to see it. I gave up on that dream 2 years ago.

edited to add:

I think management is content to ride the O-line as is and supplement it with free agents as necessary until they get the defense competitive.

September 15th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I am on the Sign McNeil bandwagon and draft all defense (maybe a OG)

September 15th, 2009, 11:11 pm
Team MVP

I am on the Sign McNeil bandwagon and draft all defense (maybe a OG)

Im with ya.

Theres times i want a certain position, but i tend to drift off and say "lets take that CB", or something similar.

Not this year.

I am set that if we can get one of the top 2 defensive tackles, we must take him. If not Dunlap. If not any of those, definetly Mays.

We HAVE to improve out D-line. Whether its getting a nice pass rush from a good DE, or help creating a wall in the middle with a good DT. We have to fix this "average at best" D-line.

A good CB would be nice, but it all starts with the line.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 17th, 2009, 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next