View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 

the lions will most likely pick in the top 5 in the upcomming draft, who do you want to see them draft?
Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ciron Black, OT, LSU 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Eric Berry, S, Tennesse 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Taylor Mays, S, USC 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 43

so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 
Team MVP

Im pretty big on Mays. So my question is, whats so special with Eric Berry? What does he have that Mays doesnt?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 29th, 2009, 12:32 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I chose Berry. From what I have read, he could possibly play corner. But if not, we would be set at S for a long time. McCoy would be a great addition as well, and I would be just as happy with him.

September 29th, 2009, 12:42 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I saw Berry play some one on one quiet well against Florida.. so it's possible he could play some CB.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 29th, 2009, 7:16 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Im pretty big on Mays. So my question is, whats so special with Eric Berry? What does he have that Mays doesnt?

Mays looks for the big hit all the time, he's like Sean Taylor... Eric Berry is more of an INT guy like Ed Reed... I think Berry is the more complete player personally... I wouldn't move his position if I were the Lions... Keep him and Delmas together back there ball hawking and creating turnovers...

September 30th, 2009, 12:26 pm
Team MVP

kdsberman wrote:

Mays looks for the big hit all the time, he's like Sean Taylor... Eric Berry is more of an INT guy like Ed Reed... I think Berry is the more complete player personally... I wouldn't move his position if I were the Lions... Keep him and Delmas together back there ball hawking and creating turnovers...

Id love to get Mays...BUT if thats the kind of player Berry is, then thats more what the Lions need. Someone who creates turnovers. As long as they keep him at Safety, i guess im all for Berry.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 30th, 2009, 1:41 pm
RIP Killer

In my opinion, the needs in the secondary are paramount. If the Lions pick a safety, pick Berry. I feel he is a more complete player. The Lions already have a hitter in Delmas....we need more of a ball hawker.

At DT, I like Gerald McCoy more than the others.

But man, I wish there was a strong shut down corner available in April. It's what the Lions need more than anything else.

I haven't been too impressed with any of the defensive ends so far this year. It usually takes a month for them to get really started though.

September 30th, 2009, 3:57 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I voted for Dunlap, even though he's been rather disappointing this year. He has the size and speed to become dominate at the position if he ever puts it all together. Time will tell if that ever happens. DE is also one of the Lions' most glaring weaknesses.

I really like Berry, as well, but I have to disagree with some of you. He has already played some CB for the Vols and I feel that he has the athleticism to do it at the next level. Whether he plays S or CB in the NFL really doesn't matter since I think he'll be a stud at either position. If the Lions did draft him, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they moved him to CB though. If it doesn't work out, they could always move him back to S.

September 30th, 2009, 6:22 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Eric Berry = Ed Reed

Taylor Mays = Thomas Davis

If you remember Davis was the Georgia Safety that had excellent size and speed very comparable to Mays. Both look more like a linebacker playing safety to me. Berry has the skills of cornerback and a knack for big plays.

Honestly I think the Lions are going to be picking too high to really consider either one over the available linemen.

September 30th, 2009, 7:57 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I like Berry and would love for the Lions to be in a position to draft him. Hopefully they will win enough games this season to make that scenario plausible.

September 30th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Quote:

Eric Berry = Ed Reed

Taylor Mays = Thomas Davis

If you remember Davis was the Georgia Safety that had excellent size and speed very comparable to Mays. Both look more like a linebacker playing safety to me. Berry has the skills of cornerback and a knack for big plays.

Honestly I think the Lions are going to be picking too high to really consider either one over the available linemen.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. If we can't get Suh our McCoy I wouldn't mind Berry. Also, if the staff feels Dunlap could be a Mario or Peppers then I wouldn't complain.

September 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

could we complain about either mays, berry, suh, dunlap, or a ot........ i dont see how we could we might have other picks we consider higher or have our doubts on the busts but i think any of those players could improve our team.... and if delmas and mays are hitters id hate to see a team throw over the middle with both of them back there my pick is mays we can teach him to catch and to go for the ball more then the hit you cant teach speed and height!!!

October 1st, 2009, 4:24 am
RIP Killer

could we complain about either mays, berry, suh, dunlap, or a ot........ i dont see how we could we might have other picks we consider higher or have our doubts on the busts but i think any of those players could improve our team.... and if delmas and mays are hitters id hate to see a team throw over the middle with both of them back there my pick is mays we can teach him to catch and to go for the ball more then the hit you cant teach speed and height!!!

Berry has speed and good height. But he also has playmaking skills more so than that of Mays. A hard hitting safety is a good thing, but too often they can get burned trying to go for the big hit. And as for having hard hitting safeties for guys over the middle...that's great. But what happens when you are in a zone coverage and a wideout is running a post pattern? That hard hitting safety that has limited cover skills is going to get owned. I'd rather have the guy with cover skills, at this point.

I've watched Eric Berry, but not closely enough to see how well he turns with the receivers. I'll keep my eye on that and see just how well he could handle moving to CB. If he has the hips and feet, then that is exactly what I would do with the first pick for the Lions. Draft position be damned. If you had the first overall pick and you felt that the next Ed Reed was available, would you honestly pass on him? I don't think I would.

October 1st, 2009, 10:18 am
Mr. Irrelevant

I don't think that Mays is like Davis... Like I said earlier I think he's in the mold of Sean Taylor... Its not that he can't make the INT, its that he doesn't really try... He is constantly looking to knock someone out, but his range is phenomenal for a guy his size..

But no I don't think I could really be upset with the picks of McCoy, Mays, Okung, Suh, Dunlap or Berry at this point...

October 2nd, 2009, 10:55 am
RIP Killer

Which one of these guys will even be around at pick 32? Aren't we being a little naive to think any of these guys will drop that far? Seriously, you guys are on the koolaid.

October 2nd, 2009, 11:03 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The problem that I have with Mays is his lack of production. His measurables are off the chart and he has all the potential in the world, though. Part of that could be the way that he is used by USC. I've seen him lined up so deep that he doesn't even have a chance to be involved with the play. Also, I think a lot of teams just try to stay away from him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I'm just not completely sold on him yet.

October 2nd, 2009, 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next