View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 

the lions will most likely pick in the top 5 in the upcomming draft, who do you want to see them draft?
Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Ciron Black, OT, LSU 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Eric Berry, S, Tennesse 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Taylor Mays, S, USC 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 43

so far who do you want with the lions first round pick 
RIP Killer

The problem that I have with Mays is his lack of production. His measurables are off the chart and he has all the potential in the world, though. Part of that could be the way that he is used by USC. I've seen him lined up so deep that he doesn't even have a chance to be involved with the play. Also, I think a lot of teams just try to stay away from him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I'm just not completely sold on him yet.

You have a point Sly. His lack of production could be a result of his position on how the defense at USC chooses to use him. His reputation as a skilled safety is going to force opposing offenses to work away from him as well. Still, I think he plays with more of a linebackers mentality than a safeties mentality. Delmas has a little bit of that in him as well. Make the play on the ball, if you can. If not, then wipe out the opposition. They seem to think the opposite way. The big hit is what they think of first. Berry plays the ball first.

October 2nd, 2009, 11:14 am
Modmin Dude

Which one of these guys will even be around at pick 32? Aren't we being a little naive to think any of these guys will drop that far? Seriously, you guys are on the koolaid.

No kidding, jeebus people, wake up!

:shock:

Go Lions!!!

Joe Fauria, MVP!

October 2nd, 2009, 11:19 am
RIP Killer

The odds of those guys being there at 32 is around the same odds as the Lions actually having that pick, without making a trade.

October 2nd, 2009, 11:21 am
Team MVP

Ok you guys convinced me. I want Berry. I like Mays, but we need a ballhawking safety back there...or ballhawking anything for that matter. As long as Berry is as good as hes being hyped.

Also...who the heck chose Terrence Cody??

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 2nd, 2009, 10:00 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Ok you guys convinced me. I want Berry. I like Mays, but we need a ballhawking safety back there...or ballhawking anything for that matter. As long as Berry is as good as hes being hyped.

Also...who the heck chose Terrence Cody??

A gigantic person who does nothing but sit in a hole... You can't move him... The problem is he can barely move himself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGKhiXl05c

October 3rd, 2009, 12:45 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

1. DT G.McCoy
2. DT Suh
3. S Berry
4. LT Charles Brown
5. DE Dunlap

I would also like to see us draft 2 CB's in our first 3 picks.

October 3rd, 2009, 9:53 am
Heisman Winner

I chose Dunlap. Sign me up for the best DL on the board, especially if there is an elite DE available. Lions need a LE to play across from Avril.

October 4th, 2009, 8:50 am
RIP Killer

The odds of those guys being there at 32 is around the same odds as the Lions actually having that pick, without making a trade.

So you are saying we have a chance?

October 4th, 2009, 10:15 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

idk if any of you guys saw berry play last night but i watched the Tennessee game just to watch him and i was far from impressed he missed several tackles and well pretty much did nothing i did see the ball hawking you guys are talking about.....

October 4th, 2009, 1:01 pm
RIP Killer

idk if any of you guys saw berry play last night but i watched the Tennessee game just to watch him and i was far from impressed he missed several tackles and well pretty much did nothing i did see the ball hawking you guys are talking about.....

I watched that game, and Berry did not play well at all. He looked nothing like the player I've seen previously. Missed tackles, poor coverage....just a very bad night for him.

October 4th, 2009, 4:52 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Ya... I'm back to Okung this week and I think thats what I'm going to stick with... Backus is getting owned this year - even more so than previous years.... He's already given up 3.5 sacks and 3 penalties this season... Backus will never be a starter on a playoff team... If you have the opportunity to replace him you do it...

October 6th, 2009, 11:46 am
Team MVP

Ya... I'm back to Okung this week and I think thats what I'm going to stick with... Backus is getting owned this year - even more so than previous years.... He's already given up 3.5 sacks and 3 penalties this season... Backus will never be a starter on a playoff team... If you have the opportunity to replace him you do it...

Ya im kinda with you in a way. 2 seconds ago I wanted Berry, but after hearing that he can have problems in coverage and poor tackling, i just dont know anymore.

Id love to replace Backus, but right now its gonna take a lot to change my mind away from a defensive position, especially D-tackle.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

October 6th, 2009, 2:25 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Right now my ideal Offseason would look something like this

Sign Marcus McNeill
Draft
1-S Eric Berry
2-DT-Allen Bailey
3-CB Kyle Wilson
4-CB Alterraun Verner
5-DE Lawerence Wilson
5-WRTrindon Holliday
6-DE Austen Lane
7-OT-Jared Veldheer

Last edited by Stallion on October 8th, 2009, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 6th, 2009, 10:56 pm
Team MVP

Sign Marcus McNeill
Draft
1-S Eric Berry
2-DT-Allen Bailey
3-CB Kyle Wilson
4-CB Alterraun Verner
5-DE Lawerence Wilson
6-WRTrindon Holliday
7-DE Austen Lane
7-OT-Jared Veldheer

Id also love for that to happen.

October 6th, 2009, 11:22 pm
RIP Killer

Sign Marcus McNeill
Draft
1-S Eric Berry
2-DT-Allen Bailey
3-CB Kyle Wilson
4-CB Alterraun Verner
5-DE Lawerence Wilson
6-WRTrindon Holliday
7-DE Austen Lane
7-OT-Jared Veldheer

Couple things......we have another fifth rounder (part of the deal with Denver in this past draft) and we don't have another 7th rounder, unless you feel we will get that as a comp pick.

October 7th, 2009, 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next