View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Which QB do the Lions draft? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Michael Huff for DROY

April 22nd, 2005, 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

[quote="Pablo"]Here's the deal. The Lions have been looking for a quarterback since...Lane!

There are two "suspect" franchise QBs in this draft - Smith and Rodgers. IMO McPherson's talent level is higher than both. Lefors and the rest that will be available after round 3 are career backups in my mind.

Joey is a big question mark heading into the season. Garcia is on a one-year contract. I want the Lions to bring in a QB who has the potential (upside) to be a "star"ter in this league. AP is that guy. I'm guessing he is pretty high on the Lions draft board.

Once McP is off the board, I don't really care about the rest of the QBs. They can bring in a rookie FA at that point. If that happens and Joey doesn't prove himself I saw mortgage the future and get Leinart next year. However many draft picks that takes.

I strongly believe that the Lions like Kyle Orton. He is absolutely a better fit in a WCO than any of the other available QB's !!

April 22nd, 2005, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

While I agree that Leinart is a distinct possibility next year, I wouldn't close my eyes to other interesting future prospects like Vince Young (No I'm not trying to turn the Lions into the Longhorns), Marcus Vick (Despite the baggage, they say he's further along than Mike was at this point) and Florida's Chris Leak (who looks pretty ripped for a QB, we shall see how he does in Urban Meyers complex offense). Although I know some of these guys won't be in next years draft.

This year? Please I could be happy or not care if we draft some of these guys... but please please please don't touch Gino Guidugli, I just don't think he can cut it in the nfl. After watching him, I wanted to puke.

April 22nd, 2005, 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
I agree with bsand2053 - give me McPherson in the 3rd! That will leave me feeling very good about day 1 in the draft.

I sure wish we didn't have to use a 3rd pick on a QB so soon after drafting Joey" throwshortofthesticks" Harrington but it sure would raise the level of our bullpen as Mooch would say. The pressure might cause a starting QB's head to explode if said passer had a weak constitution... :roll: AMac is a beast with big boom or bust potential as the saying goes..... I like it :!:

April 23rd, 2005, 12:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

Here's the deal. The Lions have been looking for a quarterback since...Lane!

There are two "suspect" franchise QBs in this draft - Smith and Rodgers. IMO McPherson's talent level is higher than both. Lefors and the rest that will be available after round 3 are career backups in my mind.

Joey is a big question mark heading into the season. Garcia is on a one-year contract. I want the Lions to bring in a QB who has the potential (upside) to be a "star"ter in this league. AP is that guy. I'm guessing he is pretty high on the Lions draft board.

Once McP is off the board, I don't really care about the rest of the QBs. They can bring in a rookie FA at that point. If that happens and Joey doesn't prove himself I saw mortgage the future and get Leinart next year. However many draft picks that takes.

The rest of the building blocks are in place. McP or bust!

The more I look at McP the more I like him. In fact he possesses a precious commodity that the others don't - experience at the pro level (albeit Arena ball). But maybe more than anything that speaks to his ability to lead - and that has been Joey's shortcoming. Additionally, he was coached by Steve DeBerg, and that can't be all bad. I think that is an awesome combination of things for a young QB.

My concern is that I don't believe the Lions would take a player with off field issues like this and their lack of interest was demonstrated by not bringing him in for an interview. (Unless I'm wrong he wasn't one of the 20).

Given that do you think he'll last until our pick in round 3 or is he more of a 4th round pick.

April 23rd, 2005, 6:06 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Vince Young (No I'm not trying to turn the Lions into the Longhorns)

Not a bad idea, The Detroit Longhorns.

I like vince, but is he just another vick with no so great of an arm?

April 23rd, 2005, 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Not really...he's got a good arm. I'm not a fan of any of the future QBs, even Leinart. I do see him being another Tom Brady though. Which I would take in a heartbeat, but I don't really like him.

April 23rd, 2005, 5:12 pm
QB Coach

I think that they take Dan Orlovsky :wink:

April 24th, 2005, 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

April 24th, 2005, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

April 24th, 2005, 2:21 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I said this before and I will say it again, if the Lions aren't sold on McPhersons character, then they have no business drafting him. Character should never be a issue when drafting a player and if it is an issue, then don't draft that player. It's as simple as that. :arrow:

April 24th, 2005, 2:27 pm

bsand you might wanna edit that post...

Why? the :shock: Emotiocon was supposed to indicate that I was being sarcastic. I guess I should have used :wink: .

April 24th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2