View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Draft Tek Consensus Mock 
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
In the latest DraftTek mock, the Lions get DT Gerald McCoy in the first round, and GaTech DE Derrick Morgan in the second round.

How awesome would THAT be?!

That would be great, but Morgan will be long gone before the 2nd round.

Everyone said that about Maualuga and Oher in this last draft. You just never really know.

The difference is that Maualuga and Oher began the season rated high, and slowly started to fall backward. On the other hand, Morgan is more like Jason Smith, and started the season virtually unknown and skyrocketed to the top of the draft.

Derrick Morgan is quickly moving up and is ranked as high as tenth on some boards out there now, particularly since Hardy is injured and out, and Dunlap has been largely underwhelming. Morgan is the top rated DE right now, to me.

November 18th, 2009, 10:46 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

DraftTek has updated their mock several times and expanded it to 4 rounds since this thread was last updated. Currently, they have the Lions taking DT Gerald McCoy in the 1st, CB Patrick Robinson in the 2nd, DE Greg Romeus in the 3rd, and FS Myron Lewis in the 4th. I hate the Robinson pick and I can't see Romeus falling to the 3rd.
http://www.drafttek.com/Round12010.asp

December 11th, 2009, 12:38 pm
NFL Team Captain

If Toby Gerhardt falls to the 4th I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him.

December 11th, 2009, 2:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If Toby Gerhardt falls to the 4th I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him.

Same here.. but I don't see that happening.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 11th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Team MVP

But Gerhart doesnt quite have that home run speed that Kevin Smith lacks. What advantage would Gerhart bring to Detroit over Smith? Im not arguing im just curious.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 11th, 2009, 3:45 pm

He knows how to go straight at a hole without hesitating....

But actually, I agree with you. As Long as we have K Smith, Our Change Up back needs to have A.Brown Speed but consistent type of guy. Not a Bruiser.

December 11th, 2009, 11:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Am I the only one who thinks Sam Bradford is not as good as advertised? I think whoever gets him will sit him for a couple years before throwing him in there. I can see him ending up with someone like the Panthers or Skins but I won't be surprised if he falls to the bottom half of the first round.

December 12th, 2009, 5:02 am

DraftTek has updated their mock several times and expanded it to 4 rounds since this thread was last updated. Currently, they have the Lions taking DT Gerald McCoy in the 1st, CB Patrick Robinson in the 2nd, DE Greg Romeus in the 3rd, and FS Myron Lewis in the 4th. I hate the Robinson pick and I can't see Romeus falling to the 3rd.
http://www.drafttek.com/Round12010.asp

Although I would'nt mind us getting that much defense. how come you don't like Robinson?

December 12th, 2009, 5:08 am

Killwill25, every time that I've watched Florida State this year, Robinson has gotten burned and he was absolutely abused in the Florida game. The guy seems to have good size, speed, and skill, but he looks lost out there a lot of the time. Perhaps, he can put it all together at some point, but I don't know if I would be willing to risk it.

December 12th, 2009, 9:26 pm

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp
Now, they have the Lions taking DT Gerald McCoy in the 1st, CB Joe Haden in the 2nd, DE George Selvie in the 3rd, and OT Jarriel King in the 4th. The first thing that comes to my mind is, how in the hell does Joe Haden fall to the 2nd? :roll:

December 16th, 2009, 10:57 am
RIP Killer

Here's their latest update:
http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp
Now, they have the Lions taking DT Gerald McCoy in the 1st, CB Joe Haden in the 2nd, DE George Selvie in the 3rd, and OT Jarriel King in the 4th. The first thing that comes to my mind is, how in the hell does Joe Haden fall to the 2nd? :roll:

Exactly. While I'm not that high on Haden he is often regarded as the top corner in the draft and a mid-first rounder - wow! I'm liking him a lot more in round two however.

December 16th, 2009, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But actually, I agree with you. As Long as we have K Smith, Our Change Up back needs to have A.Brown Speed but consistent type of guy. Not a Bruiser.

Tristan Davis would sure look good right about now.

December 16th, 2009, 2:28 pm

DJ-B wrote:

Tristan Davis would sure look good right about now.

I concur about Davis!

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 16th, 2009, 3:16 pm
RIP Killer

The latest Draft Tek Mock has the Lions picking:

Round 1 (#2) DB Eric Berry - Tennessee
Round 2 (34) DT Arthur Jones - Syracuse
Round 3 (66) CB Kareem Jackson - Alabama
Round 4 (98) DE C.J. Wilson - East Carolina

Personally, if the Rams do take Suh first overall, I'd prefer the Lions go thus:

Round 1 - OT Russell Okung - Oklahoma State
If the Lions can't come to the realization that their offensive line is in as much need as their defensive line for talent, this team will never improve past mediocre. Backus may not be the worst player along that offensive front, but there is certainly room for improvement. This may be a bit of a reach, and Gerald McCoy could be a strong consideration, but it is too much of a reach for Eric Berry.

Round 2 - DT Dan Williams - Tennessee
I prefer Williams over Jones. Williams is another big body, and has played better, in my opinion, than Jones. There are many who feel Williams is a first round talent, and I concur.

Round 3 - OG Mike Johnson - Alabama
Despite their obvious needs at CB, the Lions must continue to build the lines. Johnson would be a great addition to a position that the Lions have had a revolving door at for years, and have largely ignored for much too long.

Round 4 - LB Greg Jones - Michigan State
Though not an outstanding need, this would definitely be the case of taking the BPA. I highly doubt Jones will still be on the board this late, as I see him as a early to mid second rounder. However, stranger things have happened, and if he's there, the Lions would be damn fools to let him slip by. Levy will be Foote's replacement, and there is still some question as to how effective Sims can be. Peterson? Won't last long, and Jordan Dizon has shown zip, zero, nada, nothing with every chance he's had. Jones can play strong or weak, and is an effective blitzer as well.

December 22nd, 2009, 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3