View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 7 round mock at Great Blue North 
RIP Killer

Post 7 round mock at Great Blue North
www.gbnreport.com

They boys of the great white north have completed a 7 round mock featuring some interesting trades in the opening round. However, their picks for the Lions are somewhat of a mystery, especially in rounds four and six.

Round 1-LB Derrick Johnson, Texas
I believe this selection will make a majority of the fans on this forum pretty happy.
Lions passed on: Antrel Rolle, David Pollack, Alex Barron

Round 2-TE Alex Smith, Stanford
Again, I think most can appreciate this pick, altough it may be just a bit of a reach. The Lions could probably trade down a few spots in this round and still get Smith while recouping some of the late round picks they've lost.
Lions pass on: Marcus Johnson, Thomas Davis, Brodney Pool, Barret Ruud

Round 3-LOT Adam Terry, Syracuse
This is actually a pretty shrewd selection in round three for the future. Even with the signing of Kyle Kosier, Terry figures to be a solid left tackle in the future and could be the replacement for Backus. Terry is bigger and has a much greater wingspan than Backus or Kosier.
Lions pass on: Adrain McPherson, Kirk Morrison, Mark Bradley, Jerome Mathis

Round 4-LOT Wesley Britt, Alabama
OK, here is where it gets confusing. Why would the Lions select two offensive tackles consecutively? When they did this mock they knew about the Kyle Kosier deal. I just don't understand this pick, especially considering.........
Lions pass on: Donte Nicholson, Bill Swancutt, Vince Fuller, Robert McCune, Marcus Lawrence, Lofa Tatupu, OJ Atogwe, Eric Moore

Round 6-TE Garrett Cross, California
Now I KNOW someone was wasted when they did the second half of this mock. This pick is just plain poor.
Lions pass on: Sione Pouha, Jerome Carter, James Butler, Nick Collins, Joel Dreesen, Airese Curry, Santonio Thomas, Stefan LeFors

The first three picks I can agree with, although in round three I would have preferred Adrian McPherson. Round four my pick would have been Bill Swancutt, and round six would see me taking Sione Pouha.

April 22nd, 2005, 9:44 am
RIP Killer

DJ - Dur, don't even need to comment on that...over Rolle is something I question - my Rolle love has been dying as of late.

Alex Smith - a reach now that Heath Miller could easily fall into round 2. Passing on Brodney Pool and Thomas Davis though? Millen is sure to take BPA (Davis/Pool) over Alex Smith.

Adam Terry is a good value pick here. I would much rather see them pick up Jerome Mathis, the guy is amazing. Surprising to see them passing on MacP.

Wesley Britt - good value pick, but mind boggling for the reasons you mentioned. Much rather take anyone of the other guys they passed on.

Garrett Cross - not a fan. Waste of a pick. Fitz is better and passing on Stefan LeFors in round 6 is just stupid.

April 22nd, 2005, 10:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]