View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 12:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Tracking the Lions' Draft Order 
RIP Killer

December 19th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

i have hyped suh so much in my head i would be disappointed with any thing else except trading down and getting haden.....i wouldn't be ex-static but id take berry to

December 20th, 2009, 1:52 am
Team MVP

i have hyped suh so much in my head i would be disappointed with any thing else except trading down and getting haden.....i wouldn't be ex-static but id take berry to

I want Suh also, im sure almost everyone does. But how come it sounds like you'd rather have Haden than Berry?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 20th, 2009, 9:46 am
Pro Bowl Player

December 20th, 2009, 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Tampa won today so that moves us to #2 right?

December 20th, 2009, 10:49 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.

December 20th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.

Let's see what happens. That Chicago game is totally winnable and San Fran have been unpredictable this year.

December 20th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

I agree about it sucking to be picking that high...BUT...if we know we can get Suh at #2, its almost like getting a defensive "calvin johnson"..as far as value goes.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 20th, 2009, 11:18 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Does anyone have the most up to date strength of schedules? Are the Lions at 2 or 3?

December 21st, 2009, 12:23 am
RIP Killer

I'm hoping someone covets him or a QB so much we trade back and pick up extra first and seconds.

December 21st, 2009, 12:38 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

SimplePoster wrote:

I'm hoping someone covets him or a QB so much we trade back and pick up extra first and seconds.

I agree. In this particular draft, being at #2 is better than being at #4. If Suh is there at #2, that is the Lions' opportunity to trade down and stockpile picks. If a great offer isn't there, then drafting Suh is a pretty good plan B. If we were at #4, Suh would likely be gone so the opportunity to trade down probably wouldn't be there.

December 21st, 2009, 2:40 am
Div 1 - Starter

steensn wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:

I agree. In this particular draft, being at #2 is better than being at #4. If Suh is there at #2, that is the Lions' opportunity to trade down and stockpile picks. If a great offer isn't there, then drafting Suh is a pretty good plan B. If we were at #4, Suh would likely be gone so the opportunity to trade down probably wouldn't be there.

That's one angle I didn't really think about. I don't think that the QB is a big draw this draft so if Suh goes #1 it tosses that scenario. Who really knows though. Hope for the best no matter what their draft position is. Maybe the football gods will be kind.

December 21st, 2009, 7:09 am
Does anyone have the most up to date strength of schedules? Are the Lions at 2 or 3?

FWIW... 97.1 says that the Lions currently have the 2nd overall pick.

December 21st, 2009, 10:27 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Even though tonight's game affects the strength of schedule for the top three, it's clear that the Lions would have the 2nd overall pick. Obviously, the Rams would be first with only one win. The Lions would pick before the Bucs since their opponents have 115 wins, while Tampa's opponents have 126 wins. That could change after tonight, but it won't matter much.

BTW, the reason that the Lions moved so far ahead of Tampa for the second pick was because every NFC North team lost, while every NFC South team won this week.

December 21st, 2009, 11:56 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Even though tonight's game affects the strength of schedule for the top three, it's clear that the Lions would have the 2nd overall pick. Obviously, the Rams would be first with only one win. The Lions would pick before the Bucs since their opponents have 115 wins, while Tampa's opponents have 126 wins. That could change after tonight, but it won't matter much.

BTW, the reason that the Lions moved so far ahead of Tampa for the second pick was because every NFC North team lost, while every NFC South team won this week.

Except the Saints.. they lost.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 21st, 2009, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next