View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 12:50 am



Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Tracking the Lions' Draft Order 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I think well end up 2 with suh.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


December 19th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 3:30 pm
Posts: 237
Post 
i have hyped suh so much in my head i would be disappointed with any thing else except trading down and getting haden.....i wouldn't be ex-static but id take berry to


December 20th, 2009, 1:52 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
dmudd wrote:
i have hyped suh so much in my head i would be disappointed with any thing else except trading down and getting haden.....i wouldn't be ex-static but id take berry to


I want Suh also, im sure almost everyone does. But how come it sounds like you'd rather have Haden than Berry?

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 20th, 2009, 9:46 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
Cleveland wins.

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


December 20th, 2009, 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3235
Location: Maryland
Post 
Tampa won today so that moves us to #2 right?


December 20th, 2009, 10:49 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter

Joined: April 1st, 2007, 11:31 pm
Posts: 532
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Post 
I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.

_________________
Adopted Lion: Brandon Pettigrew-Soon to be a huge supporter of the Stickum black market


December 20th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
SimplePoster wrote:
I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.


Let's see what happens. That Chicago game is totally winnable and San Fran have been unpredictable this year.

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


December 20th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
I agree about it sucking to be picking that high...BUT...if we know we can get Suh at #2, its almost like getting a defensive "calvin johnson"..as far as value goes.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 20th, 2009, 11:18 pm
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post 
Does anyone have the most up to date strength of schedules? Are the Lions at 2 or 3?

_________________
Forward down the field!


December 21st, 2009, 12:23 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
SimplePoster wrote:
I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.


I'm hoping someone covets him or a QB so much we trade back and pick up extra first and seconds.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


December 21st, 2009, 12:38 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post 
steensn wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:
I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.


I'm hoping someone covets him or a QB so much we trade back and pick up extra first and seconds.


I agree. In this particular draft, being at #2 is better than being at #4. If Suh is there at #2, that is the Lions' opportunity to trade down and stockpile picks. If a great offer isn't there, then drafting Suh is a pretty good plan B. If we were at #4, Suh would likely be gone so the opportunity to trade down probably wouldn't be there.


December 21st, 2009, 2:40 am
Profile
Div 1 - Starter

Joined: April 1st, 2007, 11:31 pm
Posts: 532
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Post 
mwill2 wrote:
steensn wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:
I know some people are excited about moving up the board but I think this blows. The Lions can simply just not afford to have so much money tied up in so few players and the higher up they move the less likely a trade down scenario becomes. I just don't think they'll manage to trade out of a top 3 spot. At that point I say just don't pick and drop down the board a ways. That's what was suggested last year and would be a valid argument again.


I'm hoping someone covets him or a QB so much we trade back and pick up extra first and seconds.


I agree. In this particular draft, being at #2 is better than being at #4. If Suh is there at #2, that is the Lions' opportunity to trade down and stockpile picks. If a great offer isn't there, then drafting Suh is a pretty good plan B. If we were at #4, Suh would likely be gone so the opportunity to trade down probably wouldn't be there.


That's one angle I didn't really think about. I don't think that the QB is a big draw this draft so if Suh goes #1 it tosses that scenario. Who really knows though. Hope for the best no matter what their draft position is. Maybe the football gods will be kind.

_________________
Adopted Lion: Brandon Pettigrew-Soon to be a huge supporter of the Stickum black market


December 21st, 2009, 7:09 am
Profile
Post 
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Does anyone have the most up to date strength of schedules? Are the Lions at 2 or 3?


FWIW... 97.1 says that the Lions currently have the 2nd overall pick.


December 21st, 2009, 10:27 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
Even though tonight's game affects the strength of schedule for the top three, it's clear that the Lions would have the 2nd overall pick. Obviously, the Rams would be first with only one win. The Lions would pick before the Bucs since their opponents have 115 wins, while Tampa's opponents have 126 wins. That could change after tonight, but it won't matter much.

BTW, the reason that the Lions moved so far ahead of Tampa for the second pick was because every NFC North team lost, while every NFC South team won this week.

_________________
Image


December 21st, 2009, 11:56 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
Even though tonight's game affects the strength of schedule for the top three, it's clear that the Lions would have the 2nd overall pick. Obviously, the Rams would be first with only one win. The Lions would pick before the Bucs since their opponents have 115 wins, while Tampa's opponents have 126 wins. That could change after tonight, but it won't matter much.

BTW, the reason that the Lions moved so far ahead of Tampa for the second pick was because every NFC North team lost, while every NFC South team won this week.


Except the Saints.. they lost.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


December 21st, 2009, 1:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.