View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Round 2 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Round 2
It's the top of the 2nd round, pick 33 has just been made and the Lions are on the clock. They took a DT in the 1st round and nobody is attempting to trade for there 2nd rounder. Greg Hardy the DE from Mississippi, Jahvid Best the RB from Cal and Mike Iupati the G from Idaho are still available.
Who do you chose?

January 16th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Heisman Winner

not knowing today a true assesment of the three guys, I'd say Hardy, then Iupati, then Best. DE is a big hole, as is OG.

All that said, Hardy has question marks, and Best might be the best of the 3 players. If that is the case, I guess I take the RB.

January 16th, 2010, 9:53 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Hopefully there will be some steal like Delmas at that spot...first round quality talent who for whatever reason fell to the second. I'm actually just as excited about the second round as I am the first.

January 16th, 2010, 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I took a look at a youtube clip of J. Best highlights. Looks pretty good. One thing I didn't say is that this would be a nice problem to be faced with cone draft day.

January 16th, 2010, 11:26 pm
Team MVP

If i were picking, id take Iupati without thinking.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 17th, 2010, 9:51 am
RIP Killer

If i were picking, id take Iupati without thinking.

I agree 100%. In my mind, Iupati is the best available player, and he fills the biggest need. That's a combination you don't gloss over.

January 17th, 2010, 10:03 am
QB Coach

I'd probably take Iupati. I'm just hoping we can somehow land another second rounder because there is going to a lot of talent available in the middle rounds.

January 17th, 2010, 1:33 pm
1st Round Pick

I would take the Guard. I' dont know too much about him yet other then he is near the top of his position. I'm just starting too look at the college prospects. But that guard spot has been so bad for so many years, Just maybe if we were to get a talented player in that spot instead of a washed up FA on the downside or end of his career, Backus and Raolia would look serviciable.

January 17th, 2010, 5:48 pm
RIP Killer

Iupati with no second guessing. Best underachieved last year and we already got DL help from your scenario.

January 17th, 2010, 8:56 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

First off I wouldn't take Hardy because DE is position that is over drafted in the first round. If Hardy falls to the second round there is going be reasons he didn't go in the first round.

I think the same thing can be said for Best while RB to have tendency to slip on draft day the still seem to find a way of going in the first anyway. He might have the size or speed to have gone higher.

Guards generally don't go in the first round Mike Iupati could be the best guard to come out since Steve Hutchinson and he still could last until the second round because of his position.

So if all 3 were there my guess would be that Iupati would be the BPA available. But the other 2 could be taken on being a better value.

January 18th, 2010, 1:10 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'd take Iupati. I will stop short of the Steve Hutchinson comparisons, but having someone think that highly of you says a lot. Guards can make a world of difference, both positively (Minnesota, NYJ) and negatively (Detroit, Detroit).

Best missed the last 4 games of this season with a concussion. I know you can bounce back from that, but after the blow he took, one more good pop and he could be done for good. Then again, hasn't Ernie Sims had like 5?

January 18th, 2010, 11:12 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'd probably go with Mike Iupati as the safe pick, but it sure would be tempting to draft Greg Hardy. He's one of the best DEs in all of college when healthy, so it would be like a boom or bust type of selection. If he could avoid injuries, he'd be a potential Pro Bowl player, but if he remained injury prone, it would be a wasted pick. I'm just glad that I don't have to make that decision.

January 18th, 2010, 2:21 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Mike Iupati w/out hesitation.. with the money invested in Stafford, we need to keep him upright and healthy.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 18th, 2010, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

I think we need to seriously consider corners in round 2. I also like Iupati in that spot if he is available and think Hardy could fall to the second round.

To me, Hayden is the only sure fire 1st round CB in the draft although I think there are a few others likely to be taken in the first like Donovan Warren of Michigan.

Some corners to keep an eye on are Patrick Robinson (Florida State), Brandon Ghee (Wake Forest), Javier Arenas (Alabama), and Perrish Cox (Oklahoma State). Both Arenas and Cox have added value as kick returners. There are a few others as well.

I also would not be shocked if the Lions go RB in this spot, not saying I would go in that direction, just saying I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

January 18th, 2010, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I'm not sure Iupati will be there in rd 2 if he is as good as people think. Perhaps a reasonable scenario might be something like this:

1 - McCoy
2 - Ghee/Robinson
3 - Asamoah

Still looking for a LDE though. Hard to pass on that if there is one. Supposedly a good class for that kind of player.

January 18th, 2010, 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next