View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 12:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 DT Ndamukong Suh 
Author Message
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post 
I just watched this guy play for the first time this season...wow! He beat the crap out of Texas' offense. If we have a chance to get him we better jump on it.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


December 6th, 2009, 7:11 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post 
kdsberman wrote:
Just heard he finished with 12 tackles...4.5 sacks. Not bad huh.
4 tackles for a loss. He was living in the backfield

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


December 6th, 2009, 7:14 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post 
Killwill25 wrote:
I just watched this guy play for the first time this season...wow! He beat the crap out of Texas' offense. If we have a chance to get him we better jump on it.


HE was the reason Nebraska was even in this game. The Lions would be DUMB not to take this guy if he's available.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


December 6th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
Guys, if Suh is still on the board when the Lions pick he will be the guy. There will be a clamoring for him that would make the shouts for Aaron Curry last year sound like a timid mouse fart in comparison. The problem is, Suh won't be there unless the three teams with just one win suddenly go on a winning streak.
The teams picking ahead of the Lions have dire needs along their defensive lines as well. To this point, Suh is the OBVIOUS favorite as the first overall pick. The only other player to give him a run will be Bradford, but only because of his position.

And don't even talk about trading up....that would be even more ridiculous.


December 6th, 2009, 5:55 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
...ya i was gonna say, its awesome being able to watch this guy dominate and wonder just how awesome it would be for the Lions to have him, but the truth is, our chances of getting him are about slim to none.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 6th, 2009, 10:59 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
I wouldn't be suprised if Tampa Bay or St. Louis sneak another win or two. Also, Cleveland and St. Louis need QBs and wouldn't be suprised if Clausen, Locker, or Bradford are taken. The last consideration is f TB doesn't win another game they could possibly (not likely) take McCoy over Suh are he seems to fit the Tampa 2 DT more (not that Suh wouldn't dominate in that scheme also)

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


December 7th, 2009, 12:10 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
Stallion wrote:
I wouldn't be suprised if Tampa Bay or St. Louis sneak another win or two. Also, Cleveland and St. Louis need QBs and wouldn't be suprised if Clausen, Locker, or Bradford are taken. The last consideration is f TB doesn't win another game they could possibly (not likely) take McCoy over Suh are he seems to fit the Tampa 2 DT more (not that Suh wouldn't dominate in that scheme also)


Ya it would be nice. Maybe (also not likely) that Cleveland and TB decently address D-line in FA, completly eliminating their interest in drafting Suh, and instead draft a QB.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 7th, 2009, 12:24 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
If Tampa Bay picks ahead of the Lions, Suh will be gone, no ifs, ands, or buts. I'm not so sure the same would happen with St. Louis or Cleveland. I'm as certain as I can be that the Rams will take a QB. The Browns could very well do the same thing, but C.J. Spiller or Dez Bryant are also possibilities. They need offense moreso than defense and I can't see Suh's talents being utilized to their fullest in a 3-4. I know he could do it, but he would be more effective in a 4-3 IMO.

_________________
Image


December 7th, 2009, 2:16 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I still think a team like Denver is poised to move up for a QB if they fall in love. Though Chicago is not making heir job harder for falling for he 2nd or 3rd best.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


December 7th, 2009, 10:08 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
I don't think Cleveland is going to take a QB. Quinn is beginning to show signs of life. He has only one real receiving threat, and that is a rookie (Massaquoi). They have far greater needs than a QB. That doesn't mean they definitely won't take a QB, but I don't think they'll use their first rounder on one.

I think Cleveland will take Suh if he falls to them, regardless of who else is still on the board.

Denver won't trade up into the top five to get a QB, in my opinion. Analysts are beginning to look at the 2010 QB draft class and yawn. Nobody is jumping out to them, nor to me. Bradford's injury kind of clouded the whole thing. I don't think Jake Locker is that tremendous, and I see Jimmy Clausen as another Brady Quinn.

No way does TB prefer McCoy over Suh. They are both similar in size, with McCoy just slightly smaller. However, Suh is just as quick as McCoy, and seems to be much stronger with a better motor and better instincts. Suh would easily fit in as a T2 DT.


December 7th, 2009, 11:48 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post 
So we basically have to hope St. Louis, TB, and Cleveland win another game or 2 and we continue to lose, which if CP starts, won't be hard.

In some ways, us missing out on Suh and trading back would be better overall for the team. But on the other hand, you can't help but wonder if landing Suh would be better than the extra pick we get if we trade back. With so many holes, I'm not convinced that either answer is the best.


December 7th, 2009, 12:07 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
Here's a fun question for you guys. What if Suh's still on the board when we pick and we get some ridiculous offer by another team wanting to trade up?

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


December 7th, 2009, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
njroar wrote:
So we basically have to hope St. Louis, TB, and Cleveland win another game or 2 and we continue to lose, which if CP starts, won't be hard.

In some ways, us missing out on Suh and trading back would be better overall for the team. But on the other hand, you can't help but wonder if landing Suh would be better than the extra pick we get if we trade back. With so many holes, I'm not convinced that either answer is the best.


It is definitely a slippery slope. The Lions definitely need a difference maker on the D-line. But they have so many holes that getting extra picks can't do anything but help. As to whether those extra picks would pan out into effective players is the key. Suh could turn out to be a monumental NFL bust ala Jimmy Kennedy too. Who knows?

Freakin' Millen........


December 7th, 2009, 12:52 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post 
m2karateman wrote:
Freakin' Millen........


Yup, no matter how you look at it, we've got at least another season or 2 of mediocrity before we can seriously compete in our division, let alone the conference or league. And that's with more hits than misses in the next few drafts.

We need 3 corners, a safety, MLB to replace foote eventually, SLB to replace Peterson eventually, 2 DE's, and another starting DT, and then add depth at all positions. And that's only defense. Add at least another reciever or 2, another RB to compliment and keep pressure on Smith, a LT, 2 OG's, and Center, and another TE for depth if fitz and heller aren't around.

Suh could anchor the DL for a decade, or he could bust and hurt us for 5. If we have a chance, i don't think you can pass him up, but in this defense rich draft, I think you have to consider any and all offers. Alot of 2nd thru 4th rounders could start and be huge improvements on this team.


December 7th, 2009, 1:06 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post 
njroar wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Freakin' Millen........


Yup, no matter how you look at it, we've got at least another season or 2 of mediocrity before we can seriously compete in our division, let alone the conference or league. And that's with more hits than misses in the next few drafts.

We need 3 corners, a safety, MLB to replace foote eventually, SLB to replace Peterson eventually, 2 DE's, and another starting DT, and then add depth at all positions. And that's only defense. Add at least another reciever or 2, another RB to compliment and keep pressure on Smith, a LT, 2 OG's, and Center, and another TE for depth if fitz and heller aren't around.

Suh could anchor the DL for a decade, or he could bust and hurt us for 5. If we have a chance, i don't think you can pass him up, but in this defense rich draft, I think you have to consider any and all offers. Alot of 2nd thru 4th rounders could start and be huge improvements on this team.



Agree with most of your assessment. Obviously we won't get it all this draft. On the positive side the Lions have 6 picks in the first 5 rounds. Hopefully the opportunity to trade down presents itself, and preferably more than once. Currently at #4 with the only chance for an additional win in the last game against the Bears. The two teams behind us are Redskins and KC, both at 3 wins and Redskins probable only chance for another win is game against Raiders. While KC still has games against Bills and Browns. I don't see any of the teams ahead of us winning another game. Even if we end up with the 4th pick, as m2k said, Suh will be gone. So, I figure I will spend the upcoming bowl season scrutinizing other players. With the 4th pick the Lions could be choosing from a list that may include McCoy and Berry ( if they declare ), Morgan and Okung as players possibly worth a #4 pick. Getting a DT or DE with the first pick would be a good start. A CB or G with the second. In the third CB, G, LB or S. In the remaining rounds, more of the same.


December 7th, 2009, 4:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.