View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 2010 draft 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Suh's not that big. Wikipedia says, "Suh is seen as a perfect fit for the defensive end spot in a 3-4 defense in the NFL." My impression reading this and other sites was that he was Sean Rogers-esque. Can someone explain the discrepancy?

Here, I fixed it so it says he can play 4-3 DT. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ndamukong_Suh

October 31st, 2009, 2:35 am
Pro Bowl Player

lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:
Suh's not that big. Wikipedia says, "Suh is seen as a perfect fit for the defensive end spot in a 3-4 defense in the NFL." My impression reading this and other sites was that he was Sean Rogers-esque. Can someone explain the discrepancy?

Nice! haha

But seriously 305 sounds small for a NT in our system.

October 31st, 2009, 7:39 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:

Nice! haha

But seriously 305 sounds small for a NT in our system.

We have the NT for us in Sammie. I know Schwartz has said they want BIG defensive tackles, but Suh plays big. He's disruptive and must be double teamed. That is like having a 340 pounder that no one man can move.

4-3 UT or 3-4 DE.....he'll fit either one.

October 31st, 2009, 9:19 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

As M2K said, Suh plays bigger than his size. When he bullrushes, you would think he weighs 330 or so. Also, I'm sure he could add 10-15 lbs. to his frame, if needed.

October 31st, 2009, 11:40 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

As M2K said, Suh plays bigger than his size. When he bullrushes, you would think he weighs 330 or so. Also, I'm sure he could add 10-15 lbs. to his frame, if needed.
Given Suhs frame he could easily put on weight IMO. Also 6-4 305 isn't exactly small he could probably play NT in allot of 4-3 schemes.

October 31st, 2009, 11:59 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Suh in pads is pretty impressive, he's one giant tree trunk. He has the arms, legs, and base of a man 20-30 lbs heavier than him.

October 31st, 2009, 12:51 pm
Team MVP

Im sure most Lions fans want Suh in the 2010 Draft, myself included! But, whats our chances?? I mean, St Louis, Tennessee, Tampa Bay..they all would probably love to get their hands on him. Maybe we can hope they all want a QB?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 31st, 2009, 2:41 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Go figure. The year Defensive players rank high enough to take with a top 5 pick, we will be picking around 6-7 if things stay as is. :roll:

November 1st, 2009, 1:27 am
Pro Bowl Player

Im sure most Lions fans want Suh in the 2010 Draft, myself included! But, whats our chances?? I mean, St Louis, Tennessee, Tampa Bay..they all would probably love to get their hands on him. Maybe we can hope they all want a QB?

Slow down, guys. This is the Lions we're talking about. I'm optimistic we'll win a few more games, but to be honest I have my doubts.

November 1st, 2009, 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

maybe we draft a couple of guys who can catch the ball. . .

November 1st, 2009, 5:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Go figure. The year Defensive players rank high enough to take with a top 5 pick, we will be picking around 6-7 if things stay as is. :roll:

Quoting myself to recant what I said.

We will most certainly have a top 3 pick.

November 1st, 2009, 5:18 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Suh has been dominant and fits a huge need. Looking like we'll be there when hes available. With our problems, drafting a safety would be inexcusable.

November 1st, 2009, 5:59 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Does head-to-head override strength of schedule? If so it looks like we're in good shape guys. :arrow:

November 2nd, 2009, 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think so (1 would hope so) but I am not sure.

Good recant Billy, Im with you now. I DONT think St Louis is a better team, look at the game Stats. Its the same problem as before, No Scoring in the Red Zone - Hell alsmot no scoring from anywhere on the field. No CJ = No Wins for this team. We dont have the line or RB to have our identity be running, Our Qb is just OK (hes a rook) but looks like he has the talent if we surround him, to be at least a decent Qb in the league (and we could use decent and stable), so We have No offensive Identity, and sucky special teams. That makes scoring Hard.

However, I do think we are competing with the Browns, St Louis, Oakland, KC and Tampa Bay for picks 1-5. Tennesee got the spark they needed, and will probably end with at LEAST 4 wins - if not 6+. I cant tell you which of the teams are worst (I would have sait St Louis before today) , but I honeslty think the Lions will end up picking 3-6.

With Cj back, I think we will even be favored to beat Cleveland. Seattle is a toss up, On paper they are better, but they are injured worse than we are, and just got blasted again. That said I am not confident about any game.

I think we Beat Cleveland Or Seattle, and then iN True Lions fashion we win 1 game we shouldant near the end of the year to finish 3-13.

November 2nd, 2009, 4:01 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Head to head is not a tie-breaker when determining the draft order. If two teams have the same record, SOS is the first tie-breaker. After that, it's divisional record (if the teams are in the same division) and conference record (if the teams are in the same conference). Finally, it comes down to a coin flip. Also, the order for teams that make the playoffs has changed this year, but I don't think the Lions have to worry about that. :(

November 2nd, 2009, 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next